+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp expiring

Amit.chopra64

Jan 17, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am writing here in this form to get the following answers.If anyone can provide me the solution I will be greatful

Right now I am working as Noc B employee in a company and my points will be 510 on 11 January 2022 as one year CEC will be satisfied and I might get ITA with these scores.But the conerns is my PGWP will be expired on Jan 14 2022.

What will be my options in these scenarios.

Thanks for your time reading it, all suggestions are welcome.

Amit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I am writing here in this form to get the following answers.If anyone can provide me the solution I will be greatful

Right now I am working as Noc B employee in a company and my points will be 510 on 11 January 2022 as one year CEC will be satisfied and I might get ITA with these scores.But the conerns is my PGWP will be expired on Jan 14 2022.

Amit
In order to continue working, you would need to receive ITA, submit your complete application and also submit a BOWP before your PGWP expires.

Otherwise you basically have two options. One is to change your status to visitor, stop working and wait for PR to be processed. The other is to have your employer obtain an approved LMIA so that you can switch to a closed work permit.

Amit.chopra64

Jan 17, 2021
Okay, thanks for clarification just one more thing, lets say if I complete my profile on January 1 2022 and i recieve ITA (with cec exp)on jan 5 (just a date)
But i will finish on jan 11 my 1 year cec. Will it considered as a valid case or they will refuse my application.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

Amit
You can apply for a BOWP once you have submitted your EE application. You need the AOR letter for this. As soon as you submit the BOWP application you will earn implied status until the BOWP is approved or your EE application is finalized.

Given that your PGWP will expire within 3 days of when you will have met the 1-year requirement you have 3 options.
  • Receive the invitation during those 3 days and apply for BOWP. If you are lucky with the dates you should be able to do it, however, that might be hard to accomplish.
  • Your WP will expire and you will have to leave the country. Once your WP expires you can apply to restore your status to visitor and stay in Canada while your EE application is being processed. However, you will not be able to work.
  • Obtain an LMIA and get a work-permit this way. Good luck convincing your employer to go this way.

Varun Gopi

May 15, 2020
Okay, thanks for clarification just one more thing, lets say if I complete my profile on January 1 2022 and i recieve ITA (with cec exp)on jan 5 (just a date)
But i will finish on jan 11 my 1 year cec. Will it considered as a valid case or they will refuse my application.
Hey Bro,

That shouldn't be a problem for you. Make sure the documents are submitted only after Jan 11. Once you submit your application you will be eligible to apply for bowp four months before the work permit expiry date.