+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Expiring while waiting for BCPNP nomination

laury98

Mar 1, 2023
Hello. I'm applying to stay in Canada through the BC PNP because the draws for express entry are not low enough (I have 486). I've been invited to apply for nomination but the processing times are 3 months and my PGWP is expiring in may, assuming I submit everything today (I'm still waiting on one document from work I'm getting latest in 2 days) I will get the nomination in June, by then my permit will be expired. Is there anyway I can extend my status as a worker in that period?

snp1999

Apr 8, 2023
Hello. I'm applying to stay in Canada through the BC PNP because the draws for express entry are not low enough (I have 486). I've been invited to apply for nomination but the processing times are 3 months and my PGWP is expiring in may, assuming I submit everything today (I'm still waiting on one document from work I'm getting latest in 2 days) I will get the nomination in June, by then my permit will be expired. Is there anyway I can extend my status as a worker in that period?
Did you get the nomination?

bakie3011

Apr 1, 2023
The nomination took 2 weeks after apply for me. You can apply to extend pgwp if it expire this year i think. If not you maybe qualify for BOWP as well but I'm not sure on requirement

snp1999

Apr 8, 2023
Can you please share the timeline? I have already submitted paper application last week of PGWP extension as it was expiring due to passport. My PGWP is expiring on May 5th! Just got the invitation for BC PNP, but worried how long will it take and if they will reject because of that

bakie3011

Apr 1, 2023
Can you please share the timeline? I have already submitted paper application last week of PGWP extension as it was expiring due to passport. My PGWP is expiring on May 5th! Just got the invitation for BC PNP, but worried how long will it take and if they will reject because of that
BC PNP ITA Feb 14
BC PNP Applied Mar 12
BC PNP Nominated Mar 24
AR: Mar 30
Currently waiting for AOR

bakie3011

Apr 1, 2023
I'm applying for non-EE since I'm not qualified for EE yet. But BC PNP pretty much end after nomination

snp1999

Apr 8, 2023
This only applies if I have the ITA for Express entry not BC PNP! I still have to submit my application for BC PNP