Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Hello,

I would really appreciate any feedback on my situation. I graduated from a Canadian university and have one year of full time work experience after graduation on a post graduate work permit. My FSW2 application is taking forever and my work permit is expiring soon. I have applied for a study permit and plan to do a graduate certificate in the meantime. Can I apply to CEC if my current status is student and not worker as long as I have completed the requirements (graduation + 1 year full time work ) ? Please advise.

aba_bab

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
My understanding is yes. As long as you have already met the requirements for CEC as a PG student, with 1 year approved skill level experience, then it doesn't matter what your status is (student/ worker/ gone back to your country of origin), your file will be processed with no problems.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
aba_bab said:
My understanding is yes. As long as you have already met the requirements for CEC as a PG student, with 1 year approved skill level experience, then it doesn't matter what your status is (student/ worker/ gone back to your country of origin), your file will be processed with no problems.
Thank you. I was a bit concerned.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mahek286 said:
Can I apply to CEC ... as long as I have completed the requirements (graduation + 1 year full time work ) ?
Yes.

pkboy

Jul 24, 2012
mahek286 said:
Hello,

I would really appreciate any feedback on my situation. I graduated from a Canadian university and have one year of full time work experience after graduation on a post graduate work permit. My FSW2 application is taking forever and my work permit is expiring soon. I have applied for a study permit and plan to do a graduate certificate in the meantime. Can I apply to CEC if my current status is student and not worker as long as I have completed the requirements (graduation + 1 year full time work ) ? Please advise.
opps yeah u can opt CEC