+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Application Urgent!

nnn25

Jan 23, 2017
Hello,
I almost graduate, and I realize that I have quite a few problems with my PGWP application. I would really appreciate if someone can clear out some doubts I have at this moment. I am entering my last year, and this PGWP issue has been stressing me out for the last 8 months.

I am currently a full time student at Waterloo. During my 4 year undergrad study, I had one term that I was part-time and then I also went back to Asia for 8 months for my internship (also I am not in coop program)

However, I was full time constantly for 4 semesters in a row when I first started the university ( no semester off, at Waterloo, since there are a lot of coop students, the summer (or Spring term) is no different than Fall and Winter, basically there are 3 academic semesters per year at Waterloo ) , and then I was part- time, and then full time for one semester and then interned for 8 months. After that, I have been full time studying for the last 2 years .
To summary , my 4 year would be like (Sep 2013)-full-full-full-full-part-full-intern-inter-full-full-full-full (Spring 2017).

My questions are:
Would this affect my application ? , what are my chances of getting the PGWP approval given that I have been a full time student in the last 2 years ?(2 academic years =4 semesters ). Should I include a letter of explanation about my situation when applying for the PGWP ? (I am worried about the 8 month internship that may have a great impact on my application- I really need some experience as my program is very competitive and so it the current job market)

I have never failed any of my courses, and have been maintaining good academic standing for all of the terms and will be graduating with a double major degree.

Thank you very much,
I really appreciate all of your help

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
It shouldn't be a problem. Make sure that you include a course completion letter issued by Undergrad studies office , UWaterloo ( saying that you were enrolled in (program name ) , have met all degree requirements there's no outstanding fee and will be awarded degree in the spring (or fall) convocation 2017. Also include a copy of your official transcript (that will show all the academic terms , courses taken and your status ( full-time / part time) in each term.
I graduated from Waterloo engg and i have friends who took term off and did internship. They all got pgwp approved.

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nnn25 said:
Hello,
I almost graduate, and I realize that I have quite a few problems with my PGWP application. I would really appreciate if someone can clear out some doubts I have at this moment. I am entering my last year, and this PGWP issue has been stressing me out for the last 8 months.

I am currently a full time student at Waterloo. During my 4 year undergrad study, I had one term that I was part-time and then I also went back to Asia for 8 months for my internship (also I am not in coop program)

However, I was full time constantly for 4 semesters in a row when I first started the university ( no semester off, at Waterloo, since there are a lot of coop students, the summer (or Spring term) is no different than Fall and Winter, basically there are 3 academic semesters per year at Waterloo ) , and then I was part- time, and then full time for one semester and then interned for 8 months. After that, I have been full time studying for the last 2 years .
To summary , my 4 year would be like (Sep 2013)-full-full-full-full-part-full-intern-inter-full-full-full-full (Spring 2017).

My questions are:
Would this affect my application ? , what are my chances of getting the PGWP approval given that I have been a full time student in the last 2 years ?(2 academic years =4 semesters ). Should I include a letter of explanation about my situation when applying for the PGWP ? (I am worried about the 8 month internship that may have a great impact on my application- I really need some experience as my program is very competitive and so it the current job market)

I have never failed any of my courses, and have been maintaining good academic standing for all of the terms and will be graduating with a double major degree.

Thank you very much,
I really appreciate all of your help
You should be fine.

Good luck!