+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Restoration of Status

KJ_UWO19

Oct 25, 2020
Hopefully, fingers crossed.

I have a feeling you took the right move by applying for a restoration. Studying again, in this market would be so difficult.

Considering you put in an early application and used a consultant. Things should work out perfectly. Congrats. Let's keep each other posted until our PGWP is issued !

Reactions: Isabat
Mar 13, 2021
I applied to my PGWP a week after expiry of my study permit and I submitted the restoration of status fee receipt through webform, 2 months later but not when I applied to my PGWP. It is past 180 days(Out of Status) no decision on my application. Anyone been through this situation? Any help on what has to be done next? Can we travel while the restoration application is in process on being out of status ? Trv expired

KJ_UWO19

Oct 25, 2020
You have followed procedure and submitted relevant applications and fees. No further steps to follow Thanvika.

If you haven't Already done it, Submit a good Letter of Explanation detailing why you applied for PGWP after expiry of study permit and why you did not submit restoration request along with PGWP application. It's redundant but could help your cause.

Then patiently wait.

And no, you cannot travel without a valid TRV. But I guess you already know that.

Mar 13, 2021
You have followed procedure and submitted relevant applications and fees. No further steps to follow Thanvika.

If you haven't Already done it, Submit a good Letter of Explanation detailing why you applied for PGWP after expiry of study permit and why you did not submit restoration request along with PGWP application. It's redundant but could help your cause.

Then patiently wait.

And no, you cannot travel without a valid TRV. But I guess you already know that.
Thank you for responding. Have you been through this situation? It’s not easy being on out of status. Any suggestions to get through this period until there’s a decision?

KJ_UWO19

Oct 25, 2020
Yes I have been.

Try to relax, upskill, update your resume and start networking so that you can land a job you like as soon as you get your PGWP.

Be patient, don't go through too many threads like this and worry.

You got this ☺

manan..007

Jan 15, 2022
When did you apply? I applied restoration and pgwp in sep 03,2021
Sorry, I have not yet applied as my college has not given me the graduation letter. What kind of application do you submit for restoration? Did you submit a separate application for a study permit extension and also for PGWP or just pay extra fees for restoration and nothing else?

Also, did you take help from a lawyer to submit the application?

I am thinking to apply for a visitor visa so that if they approve it, I can at least have a status in Canada.

hb1319

Star Member
Dec 16, 2021
Sorry, I have not yet applied as my college has not given me the graduation letter. What kind of application do you submit for restoration? Did you submit a separate application for a study permit extension and also for PGWP or just pay extra fees for restoration and nothing else?

Also, did you take help from a lawyer to submit the application?

I am thinking to apply for a visitor visa so that if they approve it, I can at least have a status in Canada.
No just one. I submitted the pgwp and called ircc for restoration and paid fee in the link they sent. It’s all in 1 application

hb1319

Star Member
Dec 16, 2021
So, I think you paid Restore your status as a student + Work permit = 355 + 155 = 510?
  • if your SP is expired,
    • apply online for your PGWP and pay the correct fee ($255), and
    • pay the fee to restore your status as a student ($350):

Reactions: Isabat

hb1319

Star Member
Dec 16, 2021
Did you include any explanation letters in your application?
I did but just i dont know that i have to extend my study permit before it expired. I filled out webforms to let them know i need pgwp bc i have job offers but then no responses

manan..007

Jan 15, 2022
Oh, that makes sense. Thank you very much for sharing. Please update the post when you get a response. Even I am wondering what I will do until this many days without work or study.