+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Restoration of Status

hb1319

Star Member
Dec 16, 2021
Oh, that makes sense. Thank you very much for sharing. Please update the post when you get a response. Even I am wondering what I will do until this many days without work or study.
That’s sucks. I lose 4-5 job offers from now. Ircc doesnt care at all.

ukuduck

Mar 1, 2022
That’s sucks. I lose 4-5 job offers from now. Ircc doesnt care at all.
Hey, I am in a similar situation. Have you received your work permit?
Also you mentioned you lost job offers. Was it because of the out-of-status problem? Are companies not allowed to give you offers if you don't have a valid work permit (and out of status)?

Macaroon

Aug 19, 2022
Does anyone knows about the step-by-step process for re-application for PGWP? I really need your help.
Since my study permit is already expired, I know that I should apply for restore my status for student. However, I'm not sure about what is the exact process for it.

Option 1, apply for PGWP, pay for PGWP fee and attached the receipts on my restoration of my status for student fee(that means no application form to fill out for student permit restoration)
Option 2, apply for PGWP, and apply for restoration of status as student seperately.

Can anyone knows about what option is correct?

Isabat

Sep 26, 2019
Canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Ontario
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi ! my study permit expired on 31 March 2023, I applied for study permit extension on 28th march 2023. But then I change my mind and applied for PGWP on 12 May 2023,
I was told later to pay the 'restoration fees as a student' fee as well.

I have raised a webform with the receipt on my PGWP application.

I just want the WP-EXT letter to start working.

I need it immediately. What are my options here? Contacting local MP or Flagpole ?

keyboat1

Jul 21, 2019
Does anyone knows about the step-by-step process for re-application for PGWP? I really need your help.
Since my study permit is already expired, I know that I should apply for restore my status for student. However, I'm not sure about what is the exact process for it.

Option 1, apply for PGWP, pay for PGWP fee and attached the receipts on my restoration of my status for student fee(that means no application form to fill out for student permit restoration)
Option 2, apply for PGWP, and apply for restoration of status as student seperately.

Can anyone knows about what option is correct?
hi there did you end up going with option one? thats what i did since it says on this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/apply.html
If your study permit expires before you apply

If you don’t change your status to visitor and your study permit expires, you have up to 90 days after your study permit expires to apply for a PGWP and restore your status as a student.

To restore your status as a student, you must

• apply online for your PGWP and pay the correct fee ($255) and
  • pay the fee to restore your status as a student ($350)
You can’t work until your study permit and work permit have been approved.

If you don’t apply within the 90 days, or if the 90 days have already passed, you must leave Canada.

"You don’t need to make a separate application to restore your status as a student."

keyboat1

Jul 21, 2019
I applied to my PGWP a week after expiry of my study permit and I submitted the restoration of status fee receipt through webform, 2 months later but not when I applied to my PGWP. It is past 180 days(Out of Status) no decision on my application. Anyone been through this situation? Any help on what has to be done next? Can we travel while the restoration application is in process on being out of status ? Trv expired
any update on your situation