+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Restoration of Status

ShivamMhjn

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone applied for Restoration of Status plus PGWP and got any results. I applied on June 18.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Regular PGWP applicants from beginning of June are just starting to get approved now, restoration usually can take much longer.

KJ_UWO19

Oct 25, 2020
From talking to people familiar with this topic,

I understood that once we apply for a restoration, it will tag itself with the PGWP application and come up for review of the concerned official at the same time as PGWP.

Am I wrong ?

Reactions: Isabat

KJ_UWO19

Oct 25, 2020
Regular PGWP applicants from beginning of June are just starting to get approved now, restoration usually can take much longer.

I understood that once we apply for a restoration, it will tag itself with the PGWP application and come up for review of the concerned official at the same time as PGWP.

Am I wrong ?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

Am I wrong ?
That might be true but it doesn't mean you have the same processing time, restorations don't have a stated processing time by IRCC and at least historically have taken longer than a normal application.

KJ_UWO19

Oct 25, 2020
That might be true but it doesn't mean you have the same processing time, restorations don't have a stated processing time by IRCC and at least historically have taken longer than a normal application.
Thanks, I agree. From a few years back to until start of this year, it's taken 3X the time a regular PGWP application. But, there always seems to be some sort of back and forth involved between IRCC and applicants.

Not very clear success rates. Not sure if it will change during COVID.

Fingers crossed, exploring other options to be ready in case there's a rejection. Very few, but working on other plans. Worst comes to worst, I guess the only option is to exit and re-enter at a later date through PR.

KJ_UWO19

Oct 25, 2020
I applied both PGWP and Restoration (no biometrics) together on June 18 through immigration representative. Haven't heard any update yet.
Okay. All the best !

I tried to find a representative who would do it for me. But almost everyone I contacted was against applying for a restoration. So did it by myself.

ShivamMhjn

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even mine told to get a new study permit and study more. But i wanted to give it a try. Let's see what happens now. We just have to wait for the decision now.

KJ_UWO19

Oct 25, 2020
I got a response for restoration application today. Saying my study permit is valid until April 2021 therefore fee will be refunded.

ShivamMhjn

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, you applied on Oct 18 for Restoration and already got a reply. That's great man. Hopefully you'll hear about your PGWP application soon.