+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP about to expire

idiazpl

Dec 11, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm actually working under a PGWP that is about to expire in 2 months. I was invited to apply for the BC PNP and submitted already all the documents. Now, I'm waiting for a final resolution but I'm not sure if I'm gonna have the approval on time.

Do you know guys what are the options to keep working until I have a final answer and I can apply for PR?

Thanks in advance!

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm actually working under a PGWP that is about to expire in 2 months. I was invited to apply for the BC PNP and submitted already all the documents. Now, I'm waiting for a final resolution but I'm not sure if I'm gonna have the approval on time.

Do you know guys what are the options to keep working until I have a final answer and I can apply for PR?

Thanks in advance!
The only option for you is to ask your company to give you a closed work permit under LMIA, otherwise you will be ilegal in Canada when your PGWP expires

pimpsquek

Feb 4, 2015
The only option for you is to ask your company to give you a closed work permit under LMIA, otherwise you will be ilegal in Canada when your PGWP expires
Or you can apply for a WP or PR (even you know you'll be denied) to have at least 3 months of implied status and continue to work to an employer (if you are in an Open Work Permit). Hoping that in 3 months time you will have results on your BCPNP.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Or you can apply for a WP or PR (even you know you'll be denied) to have at least 3 months of implied status and continue to work to an employer (if you are in an Open Work Permit). Hoping that in 3 months time you will have results on your BCPNP.
Thats not true as there is no such application for WP. Also, there is no implied status either for PR