+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgpwp refused twice and then transferred to etobicoke

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Stop studying and working. Apply for a new study permit, and wait.

If the study permit holder is in Canada at the time of deferral, and they wish to remain in Canada, they must begin their studies the following semester or within 150 days from the date the deferred enrollment is confirmed, whichever comes first. Otherwise, they should do either of the following:

as per this one i left country and came back

After changing their status to visitor or worker, students may resume their studies, using their previous study permit, as long as the study permit is valid.

If the study permit is about to expire when the student resumes their studies, the student must apply to extend their study permit in Canada, using the application to change conditions, extend your stay or remain in Canada as a student, before the expiry date.

Students who submit the “Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada As a Student” form [IMM 5709] before the expiry date of the previous study permit will maintain their status as a temporary resident as per subsection R183(5).

Under section R189, study permit holders may continue their studies under the same conditions as their previous study permit if they applied to extend their stay in Canada as a student. However, if they applied to extend their stay as a visitor or worker, they may not pursue their studies when their current permit expires.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If the study permit holder is in Canada at the time of deferral, and they wish to remain in Canada, they must begin their studies the following semester or within 150 days from the date the deferred enrollment is confirmed, whichever comes first. Otherwise, they should do either of the following:

as per this one i left country and came back

After changing their status to visitor or worker, students may resume their studies, using their previous study permit, as long as the study permit is valid.

If the study permit is about to expire when the student resumes their studies, the student must apply to extend their study permit in Canada, using the application to change conditions, extend your stay or remain in Canada as a student, before the expiry date.

Students who submit the “Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada As a Student” form [IMM 5709] before the expiry date of the previous study permit will maintain their status as a temporary resident as per subsection R183(5).

Under section R189, study permit holders may continue their studies under the same conditions as their previous study permit if they applied to extend their stay in Canada as a student. However, if they applied to extend their stay as a visitor or worker, they may not pursue their studies when their current permit expires.
What is your question? This has nothing to do if your extension is refused.

Reactions: Boltj194