Pgpwp refused twice and then transferred to etobicoke

Feb 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hey everyone,

My journey of applying pgwp started on may 13th 2022 then received my first refusal on 13th September then i applied again for the second time on 28th sep 2022 and received second refusal on 7th feb 2023 after that I submitted several reconsideration letter and explained how I deserve my pgwp since they believed I didn’t maintain full time status due to failing 4 courses in my 3rd semester which didnt allow me to move forward in 4th semester (probation period ) i then talked to the dean to go back india and stayed for 18 months from (5th jan 2020- 20th august 2021) however i had maintained full time status throughout online classes. Recently on 3rd march I received a message from ircc that they have reopened my application and has been transferred to etobicoke. This is such a rare case and doesn’t really happen to anyone normally but now it says it’s processing so atleast i have a implied status unlike before because i lost my status after second refusal. I just wanna know what this means and how long would it take to get an update?? I already know nobody knows their time frame but i am still under 167 days of time frame since I applied for the second time on 28th sep 2022.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey everyone,

My journey of applying pgwp started on may 13th 2022 then received my first refusal on 13th September then i applied again for the second time on 28th sep 2022 and received second refusal on 7th feb 2023 after that I submitted several reconsideration letter and explained how I deserve my pgwp since they believed I didn’t maintain full time status due to failing 4 courses in my 3rd semester which didnt allow me to move forward in 4th semester (probation period ) i then talked to the dean to go back india and stayed for 18 months from (5th jan 2020- 20th august 2021) however i had maintained full time status throughout online classes. Recently on 3rd march I received a message from ircc that they have reopened my application and has been transferred to etobicoke. This is such a rare case and doesn’t really happen to anyone normally but now it says it’s processing so atleast i have a implied status unlike before because i lost my status after second refusal. I just wanna know what this means and how long would it take to get an update?? I already know nobody knows their time frame but i am still under 167 days of time frame since I applied for the second time on 28th sep 2022.
Not sure your question but all you can do is wait. How do you have implied status? Are you in Canada and what is your status right now...visitor? Opening a file doesn't give you implied status.

Feb 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Not sure your question but all you can do is wait. How do you have implied status? Are you in Canada and what is your status right now...visitor? Opening a file doesn't give you implied status.
I am in canada and i am not sure about my status but since they transferred to etobicoke i just assumed i have implied status. I already know i can only wait but i wanted to know if anyone else knows anything about this situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in canada and i am not sure about my status but since they transferred to etobicoke i just assumed i have implied status. I already know i can only wait but i wanted to know if anyone else knows anything about this situation?
Once your PGWP was refused then you had no status. Reapplying would not have done anything, or give you implied status. After your first refusal in September, you would have stopped working (if you were) and changed your status to visitor. If you didn’t you have been in Canada with no status.

Feb 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Once your PGWP was refused then you had no status. Reapplying would not have done anything, or give you implied status. After your first refusal in September, you would have stopped working (if you were) and changed your status to visitor. If you didn’t you have been in Canada with no status.
Yes thats exactly what happened but i applied again and got refusal and now they have reopened again and says they’re processing your file.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes thats exactly what happened but i applied again and got refusal and now they have reopened again and says they’re processing your file.
Ok. As long as you applied and changed your status to visitor in September then you are fine. Assume it was approved some time before February. All you can do is wait about PGWP.

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
I also reported.
i applied for study permit extension on march 20,2023 and april 28 ,2023 they asked for attendance and trancripts and i sent next day

may 19,2023 my file transferred to fredericton ( my nearest ircc office)from edmonton

what does means ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i applied for study permit extension on march 20,2023 and april 28 ,2023 they asked for attendance and trancripts and i sent next day

may 19,2023 my file transferred to fredericton ( my nearest ircc office)from edmonton

what does means ?
Nothing. File is transferred to do with workload and Edmonton processes study permits.

Reactions: Boltj194
Feb 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
anything redflag ?

how long will take to process ?

do you think they will take interview ?
Its all confusing especially for me because some people say its a redflag and some say its because of workload. I believe you have never been refused so its absolutely fine but it might take longer in etobicoke because ircc doesn’t mention any dates or days for etobicoke at all. My situation is a bit different than yours, abit more complicated since i have been refused 2 times.

Reactions: Boltj194

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Its all confusing especially for me because some people say its a redflag and some say its because of workload. I believe you have never been refused so its absolutely fine but it might take longer in etobicoke because ircc doesn’t mention any dates or days for etobicoke at all. My situation is a bit different than yours, abit more complicated since i have been refused 2 times.
it was in edmonton and after they requested my attendance and transcripts they transferred thats make me scary