+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP IMM0008 form

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello,

We received an invitation for my mother-in-law's PR sponsorship this year and submitted it in November 2022. Last week, I received an email requesting that I complete the IMM0008 form again. However, I am confused about how to fill in the "current residence" section. When we submitted the application in November 2022, my mother-in-law was in her home country, but she is currently in Canada visiting us. We are unsure how long she will be staying, as she came with a one-way ticket.

Should I put her home country as her current residence, or should I put the address where she is currently staying in Canada? I understand that "residence" typically means staying in a country for more than 6 months, which she has not yet.

Can I put Canada as her current residence and write a tentative leaving date of September 2023 (as she is planning to leave by then), or should I just put her home country as her current residence?

I can explain my choices for her current residence in the letter of explanation.

Do you have any suggestions or guidance?

Thank you in advance.