+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2021

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
But, you stated that you were Single in 2018. So who is going to be your co-signer? Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you.
The link stated that your current spouse/common-law partner can be the co-signer. And income of all 3 previous years can be counted even when the relationship started later. Copied portion from the link:

Regardless of how long you’ve been married or in a common-law relationship:
  • your spouse or common-law partner can be your co-signer
  • your co-signer must provide proof of income for the last 3 taxation years before the date of your application

Reactions: lundir8

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
But, you stated that you were Single in 2018. So who is going to be your co-signer? Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you.
I think assumption here is if you have a co-signer now, he/she can be the co-signer for the entire duration of income requirement years (in this case, 2018, 2918 and 2020, even if the sponsor and co-signer were not married in 2018 and/or 2019).

This assumption does lead to a question (which may not affect OP here) though, what is the family size of the year when the sponsor was single. Does co-signer is considered to count the family size, even if there was no relationship established between the sponsor and co-signer.

In conclusion, a lot of grey area. This can only be known once someone apply and disclose what decision is made by the IRCC.

vasy

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Does anyone still know how many invitations have been sent?????? This is really frustrating than sending applications in one day..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does anyone still know how many invitations have been sent?????? This is really frustrating than sending applications in one day..
No

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
The link stated that your current spouse/common-law partner can be the co-signer. And income of all 3 previous years can be counted even when the relationship started later. Copied portion from the link:

Regardless of how long you’ve been married or in a common-law relationship:
  • your spouse or common-law partner can be your co-signer
  • your co-signer must provide proof of income for the last 3 taxation years before the date of your application
Hahaha! So, it means....let's go wife/Common-law hunting/fishing/phishing, now that you do not qualify for 2018 income. Find one who can co-sign?
Too, fishy! Hunty, hunty.

Reactions: PhdStream

bourne5144`

Jun 24, 2017
If I have enough income to show do I need to show my spouse as co-sign?
In the form IMM5768- what is my previous undertaking, If I got my PR in CEC should I add me, my wife and son in the previous undertaking?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hahaha! So, it means....let's go wife/Common-law hunting/fishing/phishing, now that you do not qualify for 2018 income. Find one who can co-sign?
Thats one perspective. However, as long as someone is ready to take the responsibility (by co-signing), it should not matter. The fact is only partners are allowed to be a co-signer. Once you are serious in a relationship and ready to take each other’s responsibility, it should not matter. The only thing I would like to know is how the family size is calculated before two established relationship. Moreover, what if one or both of them were in other relationship before, do we have to count ex-partner (may be not, but I am curious to know)?

The reason I am wondering is, IRCC example suggests to count kids only from the year they were born. What is the criteria for partner?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yeah but the spouse also need to sign to commit for the 20 years undertaking. It may be actually a bigger commitment than signing to get married!!
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14

Believe me, I thought about it for a long time when I agreed to co-sign. LOL

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If I have enough income to show do I need to show my spouse as co-sign?
In the form IMM5768- what is my previous undertaking, If I got my PR in CEC should I add me, my wife and son in the previous undertaking?
No. previous undertaking would be ...
e.g. you sponsored a previous wife and the ex-wife is still on your undertaking (still within 3 years since that ex landed), then you need to count them.
another e.g. you co-signed for your inlaws and they just landed and you still have 20 years on their undertaking. (I don't know how to count if they are all under PGP 2021 or if their PGP application is still in progress. My take would be to include them and write an explaination letter.)

You are not on undertaking for the immediate family that you included in your PR application.

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi ,

Probably wrong thread but just want to use this thread since many experienced guys are here

i received invitation for my parents yesterday and have few questions hoping to get some help

• income requirements - 2020 and 2019 is okay but 2018 i am sort 1500$ so wondering if still okay or not?
  • i was single in 2018 so i should check for 3 person i guess , so co -sign won't help for 2018 i believe ??
  • also was student earlier 2018 part so not sure that makes a difference ?
any thoughts help is much appreciated

*** before someone start saying stuff , let me update this i am eligible with co-signer , https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1461&top=14
Your ID/Name has been short listed.