+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2021

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
My parents are in late 70's. I think PGP program requires marriage certificate. Since my parent's marriage happened almost 50 yrs back (back then in India) no one bothered to take a Marriage certificate. What is the alternative, if they do NOT have a marriage certificate. My Mother's passport indicates that My Dad is her husband. My PR and Citizenship applications have the names of my Dad and Mom.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents are in late 70's. I think PGP program requires marriage certificate. Since my parent's marriage happened almost 50 yrs back (back then in India) no one bothered to take a Marriage certificate. What is the alternative, if they do NOT have a marriage certificate. My Mother's passport indicates that My Dad is her husband. My PR and Citizenship applications have the names of my Dad and Mom.
Yes there other ways to prove marriage but you’ll need to wait until next year to try and qualify.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
but you’ll need to wait until next year to try and qualify.
Thanks Canuck78. I 'm aware that I need to wait till Sept to figure out whether I'm selected for PGP sponsorship. Since I'm in India now, I just wanted to get the documents ready, than run around in the last minute

Yes there other ways to prove marriage .
What are the other ways to prove marriage ? Since there are no flights to Canada from India till September end, I rather make use of this time to get the documentation ready. If I get the PGP sponsorship approved, then it is great and if NOT that's fine too - atleast I'm prepared and it's karma that played bad sport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Canuck78. I 'm aware that I need to wait till Sept to figure out whether I'm selected for PGP sponsorship. Since I'm in India now, I just wanted to get the documents ready, than run around in the last minute

What are the other ways to prove marriage ? Since there are no flights to Canada from India till September end, I rather make use of this time to get the documentation ready. If I get the PGP sponsorship approved, then it is great and if NOT that's fine too - atleast I'm prepared and it's karma that played bad sport.
If you didn’t submit last year then you don’t qualify this year. Did they apply last year?

Reactions: Nishiminami

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey did you apply for PGP in 2020? If not then unfortunately you aren't eligible for PGP 2021. I believe a notarized affidavit about the marriage along with the passport copies of both mentioning Husband/Wife names should suffice. This is what most people say is sufficient in lieu of Marriage Certificate. But need confirmation.

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
So, the only people ELIGIBLE, for this year are the ones who submit the Interest To Sponsor in 2020.
Its requested, to everyone please post your questions in proper Threads. If you did not applied last year, please do not ask irrelative questions in this thread. Thanks, everyone.

vasy

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Hi
Can some one please answer my questions

1.how many applications were there last year for PGP and how many got invitations
2. Can some one apply again for their parents if they applied last year and are in the pool
3.for people who are already in pool last year do they need to UPDATE any information for 2020 APPLICATION
4. For people who are newly applying this year for parents what are the documents needed
Help would be really appreciated
TIA

Last edited:

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi my opinion:

1.how many applications were there last year for PGP and how many got invitations
No one knows, but someone claimed in this forum that s/he counted (based on tools to check your interest approval) and it turned out to be somewhere around 210K (if my memroy is good) out of which some 13K was picked in the last draw and 40K will be picked in the next one. Refer this thread for exact numbers and the claim (note this is not an official number. just a kind person volunter to count for all of us)

2. Can some one apply again for their parents if they applied last year and are in the pool
Not this time, they are not going to accept any new interest to sponsor for 2021 anymore. Refer to this for more https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

3.for people who are already in pool last year do they need to UPDATE any information for 2020 APPLICATION
No, as per the link above the form is now closed. If you think you have provided a wrong info in your interest, in my opinion, you can try web-from. Please google for the webform.

4. For people who are newly applying this year for parents what are the documents needed
Again no one knows, new applicants this year will get chance to apply online whose detail is still TBD (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/07/ircc-to-accept-a-record-number-of-applications-for-the-2021-parents-and-grandparents-program.html). To get some sense, what are needed you can refer to Guide 5772 – Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents that is used for past application, specifically Document Checklist [IMM 5771]. I want to repeat this will give you a sense of what are needed but not the exactly what are needed, as detail of the future PGP application is yet TBD.,

Last edited:
Reactions: lundir8

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Hi
Can some one please answer my questions

Help would be really appreciated
TIA
pls read the msgs ok .... info is like this - 1.... about 150K applications were recd last year ...2.... only those who applied last year ie 2020 and could not make it can apply or will be considered meaning new applications .... 3.... number of applications selected last year was 10K and now in 2021 there are 30K slots
hope the info is useful
thanks

vasy

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Thanks @PhdStream and @PzSingh For taking time and answering the questions patiently. Really appreciative.
just one more last question
So people who applied for their parents last year have to just wait until September 20/2021 to see if we get invited and no updates needed to be done for previous application if nothing submitted previously had to be corrected?
I’m just asking this because people who submitted last year got their Their notice of assessment and T4 for 2020 this year so just wondered if this has to be updated!!!

TIA

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks @PhdStream and @PzSingh For taking time and answering the questions patiently. Really appreciative.
So people who applied for their parents last year have to just wait until September 20/2021 to see if we get invited and no updates needed to be done for previous application if nothing submitted previously had to be corrected?
I’m just asking this because people who submitted last year got their Their notice of assessment and T4 for 2020 this year so just wondered if this has to be updated!!!

TIA
The firs part of your question, "Yes" .. this is already answered, more over IRCC has pretty much clear info in their notice

For the second part, NoA was not needed when we submitted the interest, so I do not see any reason to update/correct "interest to sponsor" after obtaining 2020 NoA.

Reactions: PzSingh and scylla

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM

TIA
well am a candidate for pgp 2021 .... will let all know if application figures in draw ..... god bless all hope Canada govt gets more compassionate in this matter