+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

PEHAT

Nov 2, 2021
Vancouver, BC
My application was received on march11. My parents got their biometric done on nov18 and it was updated on file on same day. Medical was requested on nov28. They just got it done on dec7. Which definitely will take some time to show up on file if they pass it.
I would like to know I still don’t know if they started to review myeligibility as sponsor. Where do you see this message. In linked file or online service

They send an email with attached official document, where they say:
"
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for
Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to .... for further processing.

"

PEHAT

Nov 2, 2021
Vancouver, BC
I don’t think we can upload document in mycic account Unless the account is linked. I was unsuccessful to link the account despite multiple attempts . I have mycic account once I login I can’t upload anything as my account is not linked.
Few tips that helped me to link the application:
1) use passport data for primary applicant fields;
2) for Number of people add all: sponsor + sponsor's wife primary applicant + dependents;

Reactions: prisha55

ABCD_12345

Oct 21, 2012
Hello everyone,

I'm being asked to submit my parents aadhar and voter id card as proof of relationship between primary appliciant (my dad) and his dependent (my mom). I'm suspecting its because their marriage certificate only has their first name followed by "son/daughter of.. <father's full name>" whereas their passport has first, middle and last name, i.e names don't match exactly. I do have their aadhar card and voter id card but my mom's DOB in aadhar and voter id card is different than the one mentioned in passport and pgp application.

1. Can someone please advise if I was to submit aadhar and voter id card with different DOB then it could be an issue?
2. If yes, what could be my best course of action to navigate in such a situation?
a. Is it acceptable to say that my mom doesn't have aadhar and voter id and I can try "fixing" (meaning try having full names) their marriage certificate and share that with cic again?
b. Can some type of affidavit help? (although document received from CIC strictly mentions "Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship")

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
(I understand its my mistake and I should have corrected her DOB in passport as well but correcting DOB in passport takes forever in my country :()

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Today, December 8 was the last day to submit my parents PCCs.

Still haven’t received them from India. (However, we do know that they are being processed, it’s just that it’s taking longer than usual).

Neither have I received any extension from IRCC yet. I have web formed them and I have emailed them too. Let’s see what happens now.
I don't think they send a confirmation of the extension. Make sure you keep a copy of your original webform and proceed.

Reactions: hotsalsa

Mat20

Sep 8, 2021
They send an email with attached official document, where they say:
"
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for
Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to .... for further processing.

"
How many days after e-cas status changes to decision made, you received the email? My e-cas changed to DM but didn't receive any email.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
How many days after e-cas status changes to decision made, you received the email? My e-cas changed to DM but didn't receive any email.
You don’t receive an email for the decision. Next step is PPR, that might be a few weeks or months depending on your visa office.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Just an update guys:

PGP2020
Got Pre-Arrival and Passport Request this morning, Dec10
Timeline below:

PGP 2020 Application for Parents | Local Visa Office is CPC-Mississauga
APP Received: 11 Feb 2021
Sponsor In Process: 17 Aug 2021, Approved Letter 10 Sep 2021
AOR Received and Sponsor Decision Made: 03 Sep 2021
Biometrics Request: 03 Sept 2021, Done 13 Sep 2021
Medical Request : 10 Sep 2021, Done 27 Sep 2021, Passed as per GC Key 09 Oct 2021
PR In Process Date: 20 Oct 2021
PCC Request: 27 Oct 2021, uploaded in GC Key same day, updated by IRCC 09 Dec 2021
Pre-Arrival and Passport Request: 10 Dec 2021

ECAS
Sponsorship Application Status: DECISION MADE
PR Application Status: DECISION MADE 10 Dec 2021

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All,

My parents COPR and Visa validity is Jan 18th 2022 and their flight is booked for Jan 13th 2022.

Their Medical for PGP application was done on Jan 12, 2021.

I read in some forums that Airline can deny boarding if travelers medical has expired, considering the Medicals were done on Jan 12th 2021 that would mean it expires on Jan 11 2021. But the Visa expiry is mentioned Jan 18 2022, could it be because IRCC received the results from hospital on that day?

Is it possible Airline can deny boarding and have a visibility on Medicals? i called Air Canada customer care and they said they cant check that information at customer care, not sure if they can at Air Canada desk in Airport?