+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

mike87

Oct 27, 2014
I received a call from IRCC this morning and they were asking to verify if my prevents are still in Canada living with me. They have been here on a supervisa since mid 2020. Any one else received a call from IRCC?

Reactions: Mat20

Mat20

Sep 8, 2021
I received a call from IRCC this morning and they were asking to verify if my prevents are still in Canada living with me. They have been here on a supervisa since mid 2020. Any one else received a call from IRCC?
I received a call 3 weeks ago from IRCC requesting a document....I guess they want to issue e-copr since your parents are inside Canada. That's why they were calling to verify.

Reactions: mike87

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
I got police certificate request but I'm confused about 2 things:
1 - Request is for me (sponsor) and my father (Primary applicant), not for my mother. Is that expected or should we get the PCC for my mother as well?
2 - It says to provide PCC from India and any other country we have spent 6 or more months since the age of 18. Does this include Canada as well? I I checked on the IRCC account instructions where you upload the documents and there it says any country except Canada. I wanna make sure if we also need to get PCC from Canada since we all have spent at least 6 months here since the age of 18.

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I got police certificate request but I'm confused about 2 things:
1 - Request is for me (sponsor) and my father (Primary applicant), not for my mother. Is that expected or should we get the PCC for my mother as well?
2 - It says to provide PCC from India and any other country we have spent 6 or more months since the age of 18. Does this include Canada as well? I I checked on the IRCC account instructions where you upload the documents and there it says any country except Canada. I wanna make sure if we also need to get PCC from Canada since we all have spent at least 6 months here since the age of 18.

Thanks
1. Did you put your information in IMM0008 by mistake? If not then IRCC mixed up your mother and your name some how. PCC is not needed for sponsor and should be obtained for PA and all his dependents (i.e. your mother)
2. You need PCC from all countries excluding Canada. If they need that for Canada, I think they usually state it in the request.

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
1. Did you put your information in IMM0008 by mistake? If not then IRCC mixed up your mother and your name some how. PCC is not needed for sponsor and should be obtained for PA and all his dependents (i.e. your mother)
2. You need PCC from all countries excluding Canada. If they need that for Canada, I think they usually state it in the request.
No, I just double checked and the IMM0008 form is correct with my Parents info. I guess I will just attach all three PCCs just to be safe.
Also for marriage certificate, they asked for Aadhar card and voter Id, but my parents have since gotten their marriage certificate. Should I attach that instead?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No, I just double checked and the IMM0008 form is correct with my Parents info. I guess I will just attach all three PCCs just to be safe.
Also for marriage certificate, they asked for Aadhar card and voter Id, but my parents have since gotten their marriage certificate. Should I attach that instead?
You should let them know that the dependent's name is not mentioned in the request and sponsor's is put in the request instead. If they have made a mistake, you don't want that to carry on to other requests.

Sure. Marriage certificate is the default document. They likely asked for Aadhar card and voter ID because marriage certificate is not provide. Doesn't hurt to write a letter to explain that you now have gotten the marriage certificate.

Reactions: rampantbull

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
You should let them know that the dependent's name is not mentioned in the request and sponsor's is put in the request instead. If they have made a mistake, you don't want that to carry on to other requests.

Sure. Marriage certificate is the default document. They likely asked for Aadhar card and voter ID because marriage certificate is not provide. Doesn't hurt to write a letter to explain that you now have gotten the marriage certificate.
What's the best way to contact them regarding this?

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Guys, what happens if the principal applicant is already in Canada (on tourist visa) and dependent is still in the home country. Do I update the address of the principal applicant with IRCC? Will the PA then get a portal email? But what happens to the dependent, since they aren't in Canada and still need an immigrant visa stamp in their passport to land in Canada. Thank you for your help.

Citizen44

Dec 18, 2021
Is it common to receive pre-arrival letter before the medical?
I was expecting to get medical requests for my parents but they sent us the PAL.

Also, my father had a heart surgery(aortic stent) 8 years ago and he is all fine now. Would it cause any issues with his medical?

vijaysaini

Nov 19, 2014
Hi I got email for proof of relationship. I have issues here
1. on my matric exam father name is right.
2. On aadhar card card Husband name is there.
3. on driving licence my name spelling is wrong.
4. voter card has husband name.
5. Don't have birth certificate and they don't accept affidavit.

What are my options to prove relationship with my parents. Can any one help .