+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Also, mid-February ‘21 PGP 2020 submission with no AOR yet. Not too worried though (since parents are already here on a Super Visa, now implied status, awaiting decision on a visitor record extension). AORs... They’ll get to it when they get to it. It’s a long waiting game. Will see a flurry of updates here once a large number of active members start receiving one.

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
what did you say in the letter the reason for the extension was?

I want my parents to spend more time with me. They still have significant reasons to return back home so they will be compelled to return back home after their allowed extension. I'm wondering how detailed I should be with the explanation letter.
Hi , I just mention that they want to spend more time with our family. also mention that du to COVID 19 restrictions they were unable to visit major attractions and cities. You may also cite the concern of their safety during air travel due to CoVID19. Also mention also the financial resources and their health insurance.

I believe during this time COOVID 19 is the strong reason.

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

10years montreal

Dec 29, 2017
Hi , I just mention that they want to spend more time with our family. also mention that du to COVID 19 restrictions they were unable to visit major attractions and cities. You may also cite the concern of their safety during air travel due to CoVID19. Also mention also the financial resources and their health insurance.

I believe during this time COOVID 19 is the strong reason.

Hello guys,

For those whose parents have a super visa here, could you confirm the insurance expanses for parents.
I spoke to one insurance company and they said that it would cost about 700 dollars for a couple. Is this true?
Is this how much it really cost?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello guys,

For those whose parents have a super visa here, could you confirm the insurance expanses for parents.
I spoke to one insurance company and they said that it would cost about 700 dollars for a couple. Is this true?
Wow that’s really cheap. Make sure you’ve inquired about the right insurance. If it’s actually $700 for a couple and the insurance coverage is what it’s supposed to be then it’s really a good deal. I spent around $3600 for my parents 1st year insurance and later found a better deal of about $2500 for their 2nd year.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

That doesn't seem correct. Should be more than double but could be substantially more. How old are your parents?

Reactions: hotsalsa

10years montreal

Dec 29, 2017
Wow that’s really cheap. Make sure you’ve inquired about the right insurance. If it’s actually $700 for a couple and the insurance coverage is what it’s supposed to be then it’s really a good deal. I spent around $3600 for my parents 1st year insurance and later found a better deal of about $2500 for their 2nd year.
Could you tell please which company offers 2500 dollars per year

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
No. There is no need to provide any explanation or supporting ties documents. They didn’t ask for it online. This is not a super visa extension. It’s application for a visitor record extension so the requirements weren’t as exhaustive as a super visa application.
Thank you. Did you provide a note stating reason for extension? I basically want my parents to spend more time with me and am worried about their health if they travel during covid would it be sufficient if I said that?