Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
This is not the advice I would recommend, those kind of requests are why it is hard to reach anybody at IRCC. Having the temporary file number will do absolutely nothing to speed up the process, will not change when you will get AOR or when your parents will be able to land. All it does is clog the system with fairly useless requests.

Wait for AOR or try to find on Ecas using other ID as it only takes your time, do not call for a temporary file number unless you need to send additional documents and don't feel you can wait for AOR for that. If it is just to see your file so that you feel better, you are wasting everyone's time.
From my previous expirence, when you get the application number, you can link your application to the myCIC account to start receiveing the messages and documents from IRCC.

Dont mislead by saying these requests have made the system clogged. it is the due to the COVID and backlog of other types of applications that have made the system the way it is.

People used to connect before and they will continue to do so after

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
From my previous expirence, when you get the application number, you can link your application to the myCIC account to start receiveing the messages and documents from IRCC.

Dont mislead by saying these requests have made the system clogged. it is the due to the COVID and backlog of other types of applications that have made the system the way it is.

People used to connect before and they will continue to do so after
The customer service line is what @Naheulbeuck is referring to and yes waiting times are incredibly long if you can even get your call to go through because many call frequently instead of being patient. Being able to link your file a month earlier makes no difference. You will not gain any extra information by getting a temporary file number that you couldn't get by just waiting for AOR. There are people who check their account multiple times a day for months although they have been told to expect months of not hearing anything. Others call IRCC daily, weekly or monthly. I have seen one person brag about ordering GCMS notes weekly, calling IRCC weekly and checking their account at least once daily of not more. Some think that bothering IRCC will speed up their case and ordering GCMS notes is their right so why not order weekly. People calling IRCC when it actually isn't needed or ordering an unnecessary amount of GCMS notes occupies employees which means others wait longer or that the employee can't take on other tasks. All these applications involve months of no activity and lots of patience. Although I know everyone gets anxious people should consider whether they would contact IRCC if there was a fee attached to the call or the request of information. That may put requests into perpective.

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hey, no problem! You’re welcome.

We haven’t got any medicals done for the extension at this point. If this changes or if and when they request one, I’ll make sure to update you here.

It’s weird that they didn’t stamp your parents passports. When there is no stamp it is assumed that the stay has to be only for 6 months. But I’m guessing since it’s a super visa initial entry, it’s okay and they might make an exception? Not sure, maybe seniors can advise? It’s anyway been close to two years now so hopefully there are no hiccups.

If their PR gets approved by July then many other PR applications here will also get approved and it will be monumental and unprecedented and we will distribute sweets and flowers and do a happy dance.... hopefully NOT with a mask and social distancing.

Good luck!
Hi,

NO ARO yet. I am applying for Super visa extension for my parents. I just go through the CIC website and found that without any entry stamp visitor can stay up to 6 months. Now, i am in a fix, cos my parents are here for almost 2 years without extensions. I was unaware of the fact of the entry stamp. I assumed since they have PG-1 visa they can stay up to 2 yrs.

I am little worried now for the implication of the fact, If it shall affect their PR application or if they can be denied for extension. any remarks or advise.

Also requesting senior if anyone has gone through similar situation or can guide how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi,

NO ARO yet. I am applying for Super visa extension for my parents. I just go through the CIC website and found that without any entry stamp visitor can stay up to 6 months. Now, i am in a fix, cos my parents are here for almost 2 years without extensions. I was unaware of the fact of the entry stamp. I assumed since they have PG-1 visa they can stay up to 2 yrs.

I am little worried now for the implication of the fact, If it shall affect their PR application or if they can be denied for extension. any remarks or advise.

Also requesting senior if anyone has gone through similar situation or can guide how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, you might have to call IRCC or make a query through an online web form and get confirmation about your parents situation of staying past 6 months. Or we need to hear from someone who is/was in the same situation but it might be difficult to locate them in time.

I’m hoping with so many on and off travel restrictions along with the fact that it was an initial Super Visa entry, you might be okay but it’s not upto me to decide. Travel restrictions are a recent thing of the last one year or so. A stamp with a date would’ve been so much convenient for your case and you are in a weird situation where your parents didn’t get a stamp and they’ve stayed way over 6 months so I’m not sure what’ll happen now. Of course they will not order them to leave the country immediately since they have a valid super visa and once you properly explain your situation then they will surely help you with the best solution.

Either way, once you clarify with someone at IRCC, apply for their visitor record extension. Everything takes too long these days so best to apply as soon as you’re ready and eligible.

And just to give you an update about my parents -

PGP 2020 PR - still waiting for AOR.

Visa Extension - still awaiting updates, no medical or any other requests yet.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: inder321

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
My friend have you gone through this link yet,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-super-visa-guidance.html

No need to worry they are allowed to stay for 2 years if they are on supervisa.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
You can relax and stop worrying, let's put your mind at ease and others in similar situations:

"If you have a super visa
If you enter Canada on a super visa and the border services officer puts a stamp without a date in your passport, you can stay for 2 years."

ALSO

"If parents and grandparents who possess the temporary resident super visa or letter of introduction have a stamp in their passport with no handwritten date, or if they have no stamp, then the period of authorized stay is 2 years from the date of entry."

If you want to extend their stay, make sure you do it before the deadline though.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
If parents came to Canada on august 2019 when should the extension be sent by?
You need to do it atleast 30 days before expiry date so July 2021 but just to be safe I would suggest you do it by mid-June 2021. Doesn’t take too long to apply. It’s a straightforward online application. Good luck!

sunil808

May 30, 2021
this is supposed to be information not argument. please try to get it. if you never had parents to love or you've never had one to be loved by. that's so sad.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
this is supposed to be information not argument. please try to get it. if you never had parents to love or you've never had one to be loved by. that's so sad.
People can provide information but also educate about the challenges that Canada are facing like ageing demographic, huge backlogs in surgeries and medical care due to covid, lots of problem with longterm care, major deficits, lack of healthcare resources for existing Canadians, etc. The PGP program is renewed every year but is never guaranteed. People should consider whether they would immigrate to Canada knowing that their parents may not be able to join them and have a plan B. With higher levels of immigration it won't be possible for every parent to come to Canada and some parents won't pass the medical admissibility test. Given the huge backlogs of surgeries there should be a discussion about whether it makes sense to add more seniors and put more demand on a system that is at a crisis point especially with the covid backlogs. Unfortunately man immigrants are under the false impression that they'll be able to bring their parents to Canada in 3 years and that really needs to be corrected so people are making educated decisions. There are also a huge lack of healthcare beds in some regions. The best example is Brampton. Adding more seniors to a region that is always above capacity doesn't make sense. A new hospital is needed in the area to meet the current need but that it likely 10 years away.