+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
There is no need to apply 30 days before. Would apply a few days before the expiry date to allow for any problems processing the extension.
This is wrong information. Forum members please don’t listen to this advice. This member is not providing correct information. I will post the direct link from the government website confirming the requirement to apply 30 days before.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/eligibility.html

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
This is wrong information. Forum members please don’t listen to this advice. This member is not providing correct information. I will post the direct link from the government website confirming the requirement to apply 30 days before.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/eligibility.html
Ok, before you go off the rails. Look at the key word, it says you SHOULD apply, it does not say you MUST apply 30 days before.
Big difference.

You should apply at least 30 days before your current status expires.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78 is correct.

You'll note the IRCC site uses the word "should". It's a guideline and not a requirement. As long as IRCC receives the extension before the current status expires, it's fine and that person has implied status.

We've seen hundreds of people do that here successfully over the years.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
canuck78 is correct.

You'll note the IRCC site uses the word "should". It's a guideline and not a requirement. As long as IRCC receives the extension before the current status expires, it's fine and that person has implied status.

Okay makes sense. I’ll still do 30 days cuz I’m extra paranoid lol!

Reactions: scylla

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Since everyone here is so helpful I have another question. Do I need to provide my notice of assessments and proof of employment letter and proof of ties back home that was submitted with the original supervisa app for the extension as well?

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Since everyone here is so helpful I have another question. Do I need to provide my notice of assessments and proof of employment letter and proof of ties back home that was submitted with the original supervisa app for the extension as well?
Not if you have said Yes to the question in the generic form that the IRCC is allowed to check your SIN records. In that case you dont need to provide anything.

But, saying that, it wont hurt ( other than may be a little delay ) while going through the extra bundle of documents you have provided

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But they have already announced the PGP plan for 2021 will be started within the first half of 2021.
No - they haven't made any announcements yet for the 2021 program.

You are getting confused with the 2020 program which was run very late in the year and some activities happened in early 2021.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
You can relax and stop worrying, let's put your mind at ease and others in similar situations:

"If you have a super visa
If you enter Canada on a super visa and the border services officer puts a stamp without a date in your passport, you can stay for 2 years."

ALSO

"If parents and grandparents who possess the temporary resident super visa or letter of introduction have a stamp in their passport with no handwritten date, or if they have no stamp, then the period of authorized stay is 2 years from the date of entry."

If you want to extend their stay, make sure you do it before the deadline though.
Thanks a lot.. appreciate that

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
canuck78 is correct.

One of my friend applied extension after the period of expiry cos his parents passport were getting renewed. he gave the reason of passport renewal and successfully got extension of 1 year

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hi, you might have to call IRCC or make a query through an online web form and get confirmation about your parents situation of staying past 6 months. Or we need to hear from someone who is/was in the same situation but it might be difficult to locate them in time.

I’m hoping with so many on and off travel restrictions along with the fact that it was an initial Super Visa entry, you might be okay but it’s not upto me to decide. Travel restrictions are a recent thing of the last one year or so. A stamp with a date would’ve been so much convenient for your case and you are in a weird situation where your parents didn’t get a stamp and they’ve stayed way over 6 months so I’m not sure what’ll happen now. Of course they will not order them to leave the country immediately since they have a valid super visa and once you properly explain your situation then they will surely help you with the best solution.

Either way, once you clarify with someone at IRCC, apply for their visitor record extension. Everything takes too long these days so best to apply as soon as you’re ready and eligible.

And just to give you an update about my parents -

PGP 2020 PR - still waiting for AOR.

Visa Extension - still awaiting updates, no medical or any other requests yet.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Hello, thanks, you have been extremely helpful in this forum..

i also haven't got ARO yet .. i will apply extension in a day or so.. they landed on 6th July 2019.. i am also planning to go without medicals for now..

Last edited:

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hi.. i am just providing my financial documents like bank statement, latest pay stubs for means of financial support.. i believe NOA is not required for extension

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hi.. i am just providing my financial documents like bank statement, latest pay stubs for means of financial support.. i believe NOA is not required for extension
what did you say in the letter the reason for the extension was?

I want my parents to spend more time with me. They still have significant reasons to return back home so they will be compelled to return back home after their allowed extension. I'm wondering how detailed I should be with the explanation letter.