+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

larilcsn

Oct 13, 2020
1. No need to add cosigner details now.
2. No need to add dependent now. I think Common-law partner should be added.

Others please suggest on the 2nd point.
I believe this whole info like dependents, partners, co-signer etc will be only asked once you get selected to apply! On the form, name of the parents and/or grandparents only!

Reactions: jeffhanie

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What was the average processing time at that time? do you remember that?
You can check the spreadsheet of each year's PGP on this forum to calculate average time.
We were invited to apply on Oct 2018 (2nd round lottery) and we submitted the application early Dec. The application took roughly 15 months for passport request/COPR. It may be different for 2020 with COVID and the slight change of process (2020 NOA to be submitted later)

Reactions: goodboy97

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My sincere thanks to you for your reply: I still have some doubts about—
1) As you said IRCC might consider aadhar card/ voter card / 10th class certificate,,,, I don’t doubt your knowledge, please don’t take any offence to this but are you certain about this, I mean you know someone who was in the same boat and was successful in the past.

Appreciate your help
If you want to be quite sure I advise you to consult an experienced Immigration Lawyer. Do not expect all the information shared here in this forum is accurate and guaranteed. We are helping each other by sharing our information.

Reactions: YVR123

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
You can check the spreadsheet of each year's PGP on this forum to calculate average time.
We were invited to apply on Oct 2018 (2nd round lottery) and we submitted the application early Dec. The application took roughly 15 months for passport request/COPR. It may be different for 2020 with COVID and the slight change of process (2020 NOA to be submitted later)
for 2018, when did the registration finish? I want to know the time difference between the time you registered and the time they invited you.

ROBBEN

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Sept 2015
Doc's Request.
sent along with app
AOR Received.
Nov 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 2015
Med's Request
03 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
10th Aug 2016
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
It is confusing. If you are qualifying with your individual income, how come you won't qualify if you are combined. Could you please elaborate?

You can co-sign on each other's application.
Thanks for your response, I don't qualify based on my income alone, hence I need my wife to Co-sign. so does she needs to submit a different sponsorship application ??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
for 2018, when did the registration finish? I want to know the time difference between the time you registered and the time they invited you.
It doesn't matter. The registeration was at the beginning of the year. There were so many unqualified interest to sponsor forms filled and they did not have enough applications submitted from the first round of lottery picked. So they decided to do the lottery again. It was a surprised to us.

This year's time is not the same as previous years. So it's hard to "guess".

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for your response, I don't qualify based on my income alone, hence I need my wife to Co-sign. so does she needs to submit a different sponsorship application ??
She will be in your application when your interest to sponsor is picked.
She doesn't submit a different interest to sponsor just to be a co-signer.

However, if she wants to sponsor her own parents, then, yes, she should submit her own interest to sponsor form.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
What was the average processing time at that time? do you remember that?
In 2018, my parents case was processed from completed submission to Passport request (immigrant visa) was about 6 months. But we were well prepared for the details. I know there're cases get to about under 2 years as complication arose like newborn or decease; medical results needed further tests; missing documents (marriage Certificate, Birth certificate, etc...) etc... which all add up months in total.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi I submitted the interest form yesterday. But i did not get any confirmation email till now...is anybody facing same issue?
When you finish the submission, did you see the confirmation screen with the Confirmation number? If you see that, it means IRCC has received your submission successfully and the email should arrive anytime onward, doesn't matter. What matter is the confirmation number that you need to check if you are selected later on. You should write down this number, and I hope it's not too late for you?
I heard email arrived late 1-2 days in the past...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It doesn't matter. The registeration was at the beginning of the year. There were so many unqualified interest to sponsor forms filled and they did not have enough applications submitted from the first round of lottery picked. So they decided to do the lottery again. It was a surprised to us.

This year's time is not the same as previous years. So it's hard to "guess".
Don't think that was ever confirmed. Was this published? I could have also been a political move to say the Liberals accepted more applications.

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
Would step parent go on the interest to sponsor for or should I just put my mother on the form and put dependents and significant other if/when I get the invitation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In 2018. Invitation letter were sent roughly 45 days after the online form close.
Parents got approval visa in about 6 months from the date of complated submitted application, assuming no medical issues and no futher complication (such as missing documents, wrong dates that need correction, etc...)
Not everyone got approval in 6 months. There is a wide range of approval times. The fastest were around 6 months.

Reactions: YVR123