+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
There is no point in applying. They will return the application.
I had the same case where just 1 year I fell short of $63 because of parental leave. I applied and was selected. And then sent in my application with explanation with hope of consideration
7 months later they returned the application saying I fell short of $63 for 1 year.

I felt bad for having wasted 1 spot for a deserving candidate :(. But I had really hoped they had considered the shortfall of just $63
wow... what a story! didn't you curse IRCC?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
I can only tell you that the 2018 PGP invitation has very little information in the letter (attached to the email that we received).

It has the name, date of birth and address of the sponsor and an application barcode that is supposed to be printed and include in the actual application.
The application deadline is also included. That's about it.
Great, so if the application invitation is sent then we can see the sponsor intention form that was sent; in this case everyone who sends the intention to be a sponsor form will be assured the submitted info is correct or not!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Great, so if the application invitation is sent then we can see the sponsor intention form that was sent; in this case everyone who sends the intention to be a sponsor form will be assured the submitted info is correct or not!
There is no details about the applicant (parents' info).

Reactions: goodboy97

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required

prcanada

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
wow... what a story! didn't you curse IRCC?
Well I requested a lot in an accompanying explanation letter. But no use, this is what they sent me

We understand that the refusal of your eligibility as a sponsor came as a great disappointment to you. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada believes strongly in the principle of family reunification based on the responsibility of the family itself to provide the resources for supporting its sponsored members. Our goal is to ensure that sponsorship is respected as a serious commitment and that sponsors comply with the terms of their undertakings.

As you know, sponsors must prove they can support the sponsored person and their family members by meeting a financial test called the minimum necessary income. The sponsor, and co-sponsor if applicable, must meet or exceed the minimum necessary income requirements, as identified annually in the low-income cut-offs (LICO), on the date which the sponsorship application is signed. Persons who do not meet LICO cannot sponsor even if they have good employment prospects, extensive assets or relatives willing to provide additional su
pport.

farhanyou123

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the same case where just 1 year I fell short of $63 because of parental leave. I applied and was selected. And then sent in my application with explanation with hope of consideration
7 months later they returned the application saying I fell short of $63 for 1 year.

I felt bad for having wasted 1 spot for a deserving candidate :(. But I had really hoped they had considered the shortfall of just $63
Honestly, I feel better now. Perhaps I knew I wont get a solution but some friend like you. I wish you all the best if you applying now and if you already got your parents visa I am happy for you.

I will not apply this time :( Prayers for all.

farhanyou123

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will not consider your case. Yes, they will go strictly by policy.

Your application will be automatically refused if your 2018 Canadian Notice of Assessment doesn't meet income requirements.

Child benefits don't fall under immigration and fall under different rules. It may not be fair but that's how it is.
Hmm thanks my friend. I think I feel better now :)

Tambs

Feb 15, 2018
I have a questions.
1. my parents are married with 3 children+ me=4 but I only want to sponsor my mother and my siblings under 18yrs old if I get invited.
2. My income 69k 2018,2019 and 2020 will be more, am single.
3. Currently my mother in Canada with me on super visa.
Because of my income I cannot sponsor the whole family but wish I can.
my question is, can I sponsor my mom with my 2 siblings without sponsoring my father and one of my 10yrs old brother?
Pls advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a questions.
1. my parents are married with 3 children+ me=4 but I only want to sponsor my mother and my siblings under 18yrs old if I get invited.
my question is, can I sponsor my mom with my 2 siblings without sponsoring my father and one of my 10yrs old brother?
Pls advise
Unfortunately you can't.

You need to show enough income to cover your father (as well as your mother and siblings) even if you don't want to include your father as an accompanying dependent in the application. If you don't have enough income to include your father, then you do not qualify to sponsor your parents at this time.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I have a questions.
Pls advise
Your income requirements needed for 6 people, if your siblings are
  • under 22 years old

Total number of people 2020Footnote12019Footnote12018Footnote1

6 people$62,814$78,296$77,095

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014

Oh wowwww :( that's so harsh...$63 seems like such a negligible amount, and you were on parental leave too :( :(

Inder3256

Jan 11, 2019
I have a PR card with 10 numbers XX-XXXX-XXXX
I have entered correct 10 numbers but without hyphens.
Any suggestions.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
For those of us that get selected, does anyone know what the potential processing times are these days for parent sponsorship? Based on previous years tracker data?

Last edited:

Inder3256

Jan 11, 2019
Yes I could enter all 10 numbers without hyphens. I need to know if I made a mistake by not entering hyphens which show on my PR card.