+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you are RIGHT ..... immigration for parents not guaranteed .... the direct effect of this is that many educated and qualified immigrants leave for US.... US is cheaper and offers better wages and savings - many are planning it too .... and many return to India for work and business ..... the latter is a good opportunity for most .... but Canada is considerate it had two draws every year except in past year 2019 due to elections and now 2020 due to corona pandemic ..... wait for announcement of program and we could have it after June - when it is difficult to say but one must be optimistic ..... wait for things to be normal .... this corona has affected economy so there will be emphasis on recovery and examining role of immigrants and their contribution ..... these will determine govt decisions .... Thanks
Your post makes no sense. Immigrants don’t leave Canada for the US so they can secure sponsorship for their parents. Indians can’t just move to the US to work. They need to get selected for H1B and to stay permanently they have to wait for green cards is so long that their children may age out before they get a green card. That is why so many Indians move to Canada to secure citizenship so they can access a work visa more easily.

Due to coronavirus the focus will be on LTC and how the cost to care for seniors will increase dramatically. There is unlikely to be an announcement but the number of immigrants will be scaled back versus previous targets due to higher unemployment rates. We have already seen draws canceled. That is just basic economics. Immigrants role in eventually recovering from the recession still has nothing to do with PGP.

We will all have to wait and see what happens to PGP but with long wait times throughout all the immigration programs the PGP staff could be used to process things like student permits or express entry which benefit the economy.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you are RIGHT ..... immigration for parents not guaranteed .... the direct effect of this is that many educated and qualified immigrants leave for US.... US is cheaper and offers better wages and savings - many are planning it too .... and many return to India for work and business ..... the latter is a good opportunity for most .... but Canada is considerate it had two draws every year except in past year 2019 due to elections and now 2020 due to corona pandemic ..... wait for announcement of program and we could have it after June - when it is difficult to say but one must be optimistic ..... wait for things to be normal .... this corona has affected economy so there will be emphasis on recovery and examining role of immigrants and their contribution ..... these will determine govt decisions .... Thanks
I forgot to mention that there are not 2 draws a year is not standard.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
What about the many Indians moving to Singapore? CECA is very good for Indians wanting to move to Singapore. Singapore recognizes indian professional qualifications as equal to Singapore.

I would say Singapore is a better option for Indians than Canada.

Reactions: barunk19 and Dainik

barunk19

Star Member
Jun 17, 2015
Friends, I need to bring my aged parents. I am the only kid for them and want to have them here. Where do I start, what I need to do. Any information will be much appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Friends, I need to bring my aged parents. I am the only kid for them and want to have them here. Where do I start, what I need to do. Any information will be much appreciated
You will need to sponsor them through the parent / grand parent sponsorship program in order for them to have PR status and be able to live her permanently. In order to qualify, you will need to meet minimum income requirements for three years in a row from working in Canada.

Note that only a limited number of applications are accepted each year. The program has not opened yet for this year and we do not know if and when it is going to open to applications.

You can read more here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Reactions: Dainik and nayr69sg

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Which income should considered for meet up financial requirements--
Total income ( line 150) OR Net income (line 236) in NOA?
Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Which income should considered for meet up financial requirements--
Total income ( line 150) OR Net income (line 236) in NOA?
Thanks
Total income (line 150)

Reactions: Dainik

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Your post makes no sense. Immigrants don’t leave Canada for the US so they can secure sponsorship for their parents. Indians can’t just move to the US to work. They need to get selected for H1B and to stay permanently they have to wait for green cards is so long that their children may age out before they get a green card. That is why so many Indians move to Canada to secure citizenship so they can access a work visa more easily.

Due to coronavirus the focus will be on LTC and how the cost to care for seniors will increase dramatically. There is unlikely to be an announcement but the number of immigrants will be scaled back versus previous targets due to higher unemployment rates. We have already seen draws canceled. That is just basic economics. Immigrants role in eventually recovering from the recession still has nothing to do with PGP.

We will all have to wait and see what happens to PGP but with long wait times throughout all the immigration programs the PGP staff could be used to process things like student permits or express entry which benefit the economy.
friend you ignore that canadian citizens can work in usa if they are skilled category - and once there they try to buy a house much cheaper than in usa and take other steps for green card ok .... and some set up business there and bring in their parents as investors .... thats easy way to sponsor them in usa .... now one may be able do that too in canada but its more lucrative in usa .... and some just return to peace of life back home .... thats canada's loss too .... canada is second choice for immigration to america - usa is first choice and western europe is second if language is no barrier .... canada gains due to english being a official language in india .... its a complicated issue and varies from case to case

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
What about the many Indians moving to Singapore? CECA is very good for Indians wanting to move to Singapore. Singapore recognizes indian professional qualifications as equal to Singapore.

I would say Singapore is a better option for Indians than Canada.
yes many do go to singapore but that is more like gateway to australia ultimately .... also all cant go to singapore its more like going for job and coming back mostly

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
well - am retd ok - and irrespective of pgp sponsor i have decided to make some business effort in india and settle here ultimately creating a sort of retirement avenue for my son in canada .... am already planning to invest in retirement funds for him wef Aug 20 ..... one leave home for employment and goes abroad and tries to save .... the issue is when you get citizenship you plan to settle there and your costs go up affecting you savings - that is if u r to return home you would spend much less than you would if you plan to settle in Canada .... this is reality

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
thanks Dainik ..... well one must be optimistic for pgp 2020 to take off at the end of this year - I feel last year being election year and this year virus pandemic has caused the delay .... one must trust the govts and administration to do their job and accord priorities ..... so patience is required

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
yes many do go to singapore but that is more like gateway to australia ultimately .... also all cant go to singapore its more like going for job and coming back mostly
many use Singapore as a gateway to USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, NZ.