+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
No that is too confusing. It needs to be consistent. I don't know what the best method is but whatever is decided, they should try to be consistent with it.
Every year 2 routes - lottery or FIFO then? Consistent?

So people who like lottery can try their luck with lottery. Those who like FIFO can apply that way too.

It helps IRCC also gauge which is more popular.

They can release stats like oh with lottery there were 80,000 and with FIFO 20,000

something like that?

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Being Neutral I would say people who lived in Canada more days after their oath of Citizenship should be put in queue first to sponsor.

Two routes,Lottery and FIFO is also a good idea. It will give people a chance to pick one and then they can't complain because they will be the one to pick either one of them. And if they apply for both will get Banned for a minimum of 5 years to sponsor and certain $ amount of fine for each year for those 5 years.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
so do you prefer FIFO (first in first out)?

Or points system?

I wonder why IRCC doesn't do like surveys or market studies as to what immigrants prefer?
I was once suggesting to have a similar system like EE (or a slim-down version of it) but then, some "senior members" here (and you probably know who) saying that it will exhaust the resources and of course, PGP is not promised... Man... that one is tough cookies to deal with!!!

Reactions: Dainik and nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I was once suggesting to have a similar system like EE (or a slim-down version of it) but then, some "senior members" here (and you probably know who) saying that it will exhaust the resources and of course, PGP is not promised... Man... that one is tough cookies to deal with!!!
Yeah tell me about it!

I think some just want to see PGP die and be removed completely.

The argument often goes :

1) Oh healthcare burden will increase, drain on Canadian economy and finances!

But if you suggest choosing richer and healthier younger parents as PREFERRED candidates for PGP

then the argument switches to :

2) Oh that favors the rich! That is UNFAIR! UN-CANADIAN. We want it to be equal for everyone!

Oh please....make up your mind what is important.

to which they SHOULD reply

3) I just want PGP canceled. No Parents please!

But they won't, because they know they will be blasted by members here because we are here for PGP specifically!

LOL!!!!

Reactions: babybenz and Dainik

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
PGP is very important for the good sound morale of the Immigrants (Citizens and PRs) who are already contributing to the Canadian Economy.

Reactions: nayr69sg

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
so do you prefer FIFO (first in first out)?

Or points system?

I wonder why IRCC doesn't do like surveys or market studies as to what immigrants prefer?
I know right! If they had done some surveys after the lawsuits, by now they will know what the majority of people want and how they will implement it. of course not to benefit everyone but they will have a better idea.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All the changes like the lottery and FIFO have been due to a lot of petitioning done by various groups. People actually petitioned hard for the lottery but once it was implemented people complained. FIFO the same thing. Basically if you don’t get selected you didn’t like. Think we all saw the problems with FIFO coming given the large demand versus supply.

PGP is a compassionate program that does not add a net benefit to the Canadian economy so there will be very little support to create a very complex system that will be very expensive to run. There will only be one system. If you ran 2 half the people would apply for both even if you told them not to. The program needs to be the most cost effective as possible. If you had a language component people would be outraged especially since our citizenship test doesn’t have a language component for seniors. Just because people are wealthy doesn’t mean they will add to the Canadian economy. If both parents guaranteed they would work out of the home for 10-15 years that would be different. They would pay into the tax system. That idea has been suggested. Many professionals will not actually want to leave their careers because it would be very difficult to continue their career in Canada at that point. They have already built up seniority in their careers. Many would land and return home to continue working so that is not adding to the Canadian economy.

Reactions: Kelon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGP is very important for the good sound morale of the Immigrants (Citizens and PRs) who are already contributing to the Canadian Economy.
Morale is not what most immigration policies are based on. Even refugee programs are based on providing safe refuge but also adding young families to the Canadian economy. Most refugee adults do work although it may take them a few years to get into the labour force. There is a small fraction of refugees that are selected purely on vulnerability and that is a purely a compassionate program. Not arguing whether the PGP program should exist and how many applicants they should have but immigration policies are mainly economic policies. If anything the PGP exists because Canada was trying to get high skilled immigrants to choose Canada versus other countries. Now that other countries have become less attractive, like the UK, Canada doesn’t have to try as hard to attract talent.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
All the changes like the lottery and FIFO have been due to a lot of petitioning done by various groups. People actually petitioned hard for the lottery but once it was implemented people complained. FIFO the same thing. Basically if you don’t get selected you didn’t like. Think we all saw the problems with FIFO coming given the large demand versus supply.

PGP is a compassionate program that does not add a net benefit to the Canadian economy so there will be very little support to create a very complex system that will be very expensive to run. There will only be one system. If you ran 2 half the people would apply for both even if you told them not to. The program needs to be the most cost effective as possible. If you had a language component people would be outraged especially since our citizenship test doesn’t have a language component for seniors. Just because people are wealthy doesn’t mean they will add to the Canadian economy. If both parents guaranteed they would work out of the home for 10-15 years that would be different. They would pay into the tax system. That idea has been suggested. Many professionals will not actually want to leave their careers because it would be very difficult to continue their career in Canada at that point. They have already built up seniority in their careers. Many would land and return home to continue working so that is not adding to the Canadian economy.
so.......

any complicated system wont do.

any simple system still does not address the fact that it does not benefit Canadian economy.

which means.......

you prefer PGP canceled altogether. Correct?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Morale is not what most immigration policies are based on. Even refugee programs are based on providing safe refuge but also adding young families to the Canadian economy. Most refugee adults do work although it may take them a few years to get into the labour force. There is a small fraction of refugees that are selected purely on vulnerability and that is a purely a compassionate program. Not arguing whether the PGP program should exist and how many applicants they should have but immigration policies are mainly economic policies. If anything the PGP exists because Canada was trying to get high skilled immigrants to choose Canada versus other countries. Now that other countries have become less attractive, like the UK, Canada doesn’t have to try as hard to attract talent.
again.....you would prefer PGP canceled altogether. It is not good for Canada at all in your eyes.

Correct?

Reactions: Dainik and babybenz

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
so.......

any complicated system wont do.

any simple system still does not address the fact that it does not benefit Canadian economy.

which means.......

you prefer PGP canceled altogether. Correct?
See I've told you, she is tough cookies man!
LOL...
Next reply will come "PGP is not promised"... (just copy & paste)
LOL
Next argument will be "PGP do not add economic beneficial to Canadian"....
LOL

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
For the one you all know who: Without your parents, where the heck you did come from dude/gal? from the sky?
Come one man, this sub-forum is to discuss how to get your Parents/Grandparents to be with you so you can make whole family.
This is not for "economical beneficial" to the vast Canadian forum. For that, I would suggest you to join TED Talk, Shark Tank or some kind of that short stuff... Or even join Red Cross, OK man?
Now off you go, please...

Reactions: Dainik and nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
See I've told you, she is tough cookies man!
LOL...
Next reply will come "PGP is not promised"... (just copy & paste)
LOL
Next argument will be "PGP do not add economic beneficial to Canadian"....
LOL
Complicated system - granted may cost a little more in manpower costs to implement but if it chooses healthier younger parents who are less likely to need welfare etc could SAVE the system money in the long run.

Which leads me to conclude that you know who just wants to find all the reasons why no system would work, and PGP is a drain and is hoping we immigrants might say

Oh DEAR!!!! I am so sorry. I will not sponsor my parents. I will ask IRCC to cancel PGP for the sake of Canada!

Sorry man that aint gonna happen. LOL!

Last edited: