+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
All the talk about LICO being too low. That people might not own their home outright and have big mortgages and debt.

So here's my question @canuck78

Should PGP have criteria that favors richer applicants? Those who do own their homes outright and have no mortgage? Have incomes 3 times or more that of LICO?

If not. Then why? And if not then what is the point of talking about LICO and mortgages and how people might be stretched financially?
Ha ha ha.... she will be answering you ... "Parents sponsorship has never been promised when immigrate" here in Canada... Ha ha ha... I bet with you so!

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Very true but unless someone owns their home outright they could need to sell at any point. You also have to look at the whole country and there is a huge difference in housing prices. I think LICO is too low just based on the housing costs. Unfortunately some are so focused on sponsoring their parents they don’t read the fine print or don’t actually budget. They may not also realize many things are not covered. I have seen families that brought their parents to Canada because they couldn’t afford daycare. Then one parent got sick so they no longer had childcare and on child had to quit their job to care for their sick parent (often the mother). They ended up in a much worse situation. Some families have been cashing in RRSPs to meet income limits or declaring income that they didn’t earn just to sponsor their parents. They don’t realize that they will need to earn more when their parents arrive. I understand that for many it is an obligation but sometimes it would make sense to pay for care in their home country at least until they can get more established. With housing costs increasing it also has become much harder for families to purchase homes especially in some areas that are popular with certain immigrant communities which used to be affordable. When parents don’t speak English or French and want to be able to have access to the comforts of home many want to live in a certain area. I also wonder if some provinces will crack down on many of these parents accessing low income senior programs like dental care that only funds a limited amount of seniors.
"declaring income that they didn’t earn"........
Really? Why would someone even Think of that? A Fraud, Criminal Offence. Will get caught very soon. Penalties with jail time. Who wants that? On top of that you will never be able to sponsor anyone in your life. Hahaha!

Reactions: Niharika_11

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
"declaring income that they didn’t earn"........
Really? Why would someone even Think of that? A Fraud, Criminal Offence. Will get caught very soon. Penalties with jail time. Who wants that? On top of that you will never be able to sponsor anyone in your life. Hahaha!
Seems like some people have very poor opinion of us immigrants.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
In May 2019 the federal government quietly offered a settlement to halt lawsuits. It was known to them that the process was a flop show. Why did they waste time from June 2019 till December 2019 and failed to develop another system?
They are using delay tactics to bring another project and they know people will accept it because people don't want the program to be postponed further or stopped for some years.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
In 7 months from June 2019 to December 2019, government couldn't think of a fair system. Do you still think they can bring a fair system in 3 months from January 2020 to March 2020. I don't think so. People will now have fear that this program can be delayed or postponed indefinitely if they raise their voice.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
In 7 months from June 2019 to December 2019, government couldn't think of a fair system. Do you still think they can bring a fair system in 3 months from January 2020 to March 2020. I don't think so. People will now have fear that this program can be delayed or postponed indefinitely if they raise their voice.
Question for you. Is lottery system fair?

They could just revert to lottery system.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Lottery, I think if played with money or gold is good but not with humans/parents. Betting on two men in a boxing ring is completely different. And trying your parents' luck with lottery is insane.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lottery, I think if played with money or gold is good but not with humans/parents. Betting on two men in a boxing ring is completely different. And trying your parents' luck with lottery is insane.
No system will be perfect but lottery system is the most fair approach of them all since geography and money has no play in the outcome at all. Money / geography / typing skills all play an unfair advantage to a small group of people over all others. It is no different from the french immersion programs all over Canada. There is a huge demand for it than there are spaces for it. Everyone wants their kids in the programs to either get advantage for their kids to get government jobs or kids in classes that doesn't have kids disrupting / taking up teachers time.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
No system will be perfect but lottery system is the most fair approach of them all since geography and money has no play in the outcome at all. Money / geography / typing skills all play an unfair advantage to a small group of people over all others. It is no different from the french immersion programs all over Canada. There is a huge demand for it than there are spaces for it. Everyone wants their kids in the programs to either get advantage for their kids to get government jobs or kids in classes that doesn't have kids disrupting / taking up
You can gamble with money but not with humans. Parents are not a commodity. Lottery is Gambling. Also, you are comparing oranges with apples. (French classes vs Parents sponsorship)

Reactions: Niharika_11

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
You can gamble with money but not with humans. Parents are not a commodity. Lottery is Gambling. Also, you are comparing oranges with apples. (French classes vs Parents sponsorship)
How about alternating the FIFO with lottery?

One year FIFO. Next year lottery. Following year FIFO.

And of course keep the EOI submissions for FIFO open for 30 days same as for the lottery.

Or have BOTH lottery and FIFO in the same year.

2 routes. 5k spots each. You can choose to enter lottery or FIFO but not both.

Reactions: Dainik

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
How about alternating the FIFO with lottery?
No that is too confusing. It needs to be consistent. I don't know what the best method is but whatever is decided, they should try to be consistent with it.