Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Update on my parents file got a request for medical for 2nd time submitted and is reflected in system
Got passport request today any idea how much time it is taking to get it stamped

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Thank you so much for your time to give me some insights. I responded back saying my parents will land before medical expiry date because we cannot go through all the unknown doing re-medical . I see that MY CIC a/c is already updated saying decision made and PR stamped Nov 23rd with expiry date Nov. 30th coming Wednesday)
I also received email saying passport has been forwarded to LA visa office. This is such a short timeline. Tomorrow offices are closed due to Thanksgiving, LA visa office will receive document on friday and i am hopeful they mail the Passport same day so that my parents receive it by Saturday or sunday. All is can do now is just wait..too much pressure built to get the passport on time
[/QUOTE]

Yep I definitely feel the pressure. Best part is you're doing everything possible that you can control and trying to make it. That's all you can do.

You may also want to follow up with LA office tomorrow (if possible). Can you pay for expedite passport return?

Are your parents in US? I did not realize you meant LA in US. If so is there a Canadian land border close by that they can cross quicker?

Hopefully, someone see that visa stamped on11/23 valid till 11/30 need expediting...

I'm just brainstorming ideas....

Worse case if they don't get their passport prior to 11/30 then that's on IRCC and I believe you can fight that but hopefully it does not get to that.

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Is there a way to track the application status for my parents, I had applied online on the portal. I have received the AOR and an additional document request, which i had responded to. But apart from that, there is no update. I had applied in dec 2021 and received AOR in july.

I had also used this link - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en but the system doesnt find the application.
Are u able to link ur application??

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Dear all i m back again with some questions:
1- i m still unable to link application. I have UCI application number etc but i dont understand system cant find application even in ecas
2- what is the sequence of events in PGP application? I received a biometric request for my parents with a financial assessment letter
3- financial assessment letter is same as sponsor approval??
4- my mri for 2019,2018 is less thn required but letter doesnt state any action what are my options and what can i do? In IMM1344 i checked marked to go ahead with application even if i dont meet financial requirements my income for 2021 is better and I believe if i submit notice of assessment for 2021 my MrI for 2021,2020 will b a yes and only 2019 will b no can i do that and how?
5- why financial assessment doc taking into account 8 persons its just my parents no dependents?

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
1- i m still unable to link application. I have UCI application number etc but i dont understand system cant find application even in ecas
2- what is the sequence of events in PGP application? I received a biometric request for my parents with a financial assessment letter
4- my mri for 2019,2018 is less thn required but letter doesnt state any action what are my options and what can i do? In IMM1344 i checked marked to go ahead with application even if i dont meet financial requirements my income for 2021 is better and I believe if i submit notice of assessment for 2021 my MrI for 2021,2020 will b a yes and only 2019 will b no can i do that and how?
5- why financial assessment doc taking into account 8 persons its just my parents no dependents?

I cannot answer all your questions but for #4 financial assessment form is VERY different from sponsor approval letter. As you stated you are short for for at least one year. Unfortunately, you'd have to answer honestly but keep in mind IRCC does not care if you're short by a few $$$ one year and over my $1M the next following year's.
As long as you're short in one of the years you'd most likely be denied. The most likely reason your application is not outright denied now is because you elected to continue regardless so they can technically only continue your app till the end and deny you due to lack of income at the end.

#5 do your or your parents have any dependant? Are you married? If yes does your wife have a dependent. I recommend you review the family information you submitted, it's hard to tell without knowing more information.

Zion12

Feb 3, 2020
hi to all, i have a question about my application to sponsor my mom which is i got my ITA to sponsor her, when i apply my pr wayback 2017, i have a mistake that i did not put my aunt who is canadian citizen in my application to question 'do you have any relative living inside canada", now i applied my mom and i need to put aunt on additional family information to my moms application as my moms siblings.. is there any person here who experience this? can you answer please.. thank you

Zion12

Feb 3, 2020
hi to all, i have a question about my application to sponsor my mom which is i got my ITA to sponsor her, when i apply my pr wayback 2017, i have a mistake that i did not put my aunt who is canadian citizen in my application to question 'do you have any relative living inside canada", now i applied my mom and i need to put aunt on additional family information to my moms application as my moms siblings.. is there any person here who experience this? can you answer please.. thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
1. no idea
2. Similar to other family sponsorship app. Biometric, medical exam, police and background check. The finaical assessment is prob like somewhere in between.
3. Did they request information from you on financial assessment? It's not a state that all applicantion wen throught. For most, it's done in the background without additional information requested.
4. You need to meet all 3 years of LICO Will see if the agent will do something different. If you checked to go ahead even if you dont' meet requirement, the application process will contineu regardless if you meet the requirement.
5. You did not give ANY information about your application. We do not know if you, or your co-signer or you parents have any dependent. Or if you are still on undertaking of any other sponsorship.

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Yep I definitely feel the pressure. Best part is you're doing everything possible that you can control and trying to make it. That's all you can do.

You may also want to follow up with LA office tomorrow (if possible). Can you pay for expedite passport return?

Are your parents in US? I did not realize you meant LA in US. If so is there a Canadian land border close by that they can cross quicker?

Hopefully, someone see that visa stamped on11/23 valid till 11/30 need expediting...

Worse case if they don't get their passport prior to 11/30 then that's on IRCC and I believe you can fight that but hopefully it does not get to that.
[/QUOTE]

yeah the pressure is there, i emailed LA Visa office and got response from them saying passport is ready to be collected by courier service so hopiing its mailed tomorrow friday early morning and i get this by saturday. my parents plan to land vancover port of entry soft landing and return to sanfranciso next day . its a costly option, hoping for the best. Thank you!

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022

yeah the pressure is there, i emailed LA Visa office and got response from them saying passport is ready to be collected by courier service so hopiing its mailed tomorrow friday early morning and i get this by saturday. my parents plan to land vancover port of entry soft landing and return to sanfranciso next day . its a costly option, hoping for the best. Thank you!
[/QUOTE]
Great! You're in my prayers...

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
1. no idea
2. Similar to other family sponsorship app. Biometric, medical exam, police and background check. The finaical assessment is prob like somewhere in between.
3. Did they request information from you on financial assessment? It's not a state that all applicantion wen throught. For most, it's done in the background without additional information requested.
4. You need to meet all 3 years of LICO Will see if the agent will do something different. If you checked to go ahead even if you dont' meet requirement, the application process will contineu regardless if you meet the requirement.
5. You did not give ANY information about your application. We do not know if you, or your co-signer or you parents have any dependent. Or if you are still on undertaking of any other sponsorship.
First financial assessment is done prior to sponsorship approval letter (and can be reassessed anytime during the application)... But like you said it's done in the back ground. Most people that meet the cut off for all 3 years and maintain it throughout the application process don't get this financial assessment letter ..

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
On a second thought I recommend you order your GCMS notes so you'd get the most accurate answer as to why you got the financial assessment letter and why 8 people.... It's not an immediate response but at least you'd eventually know.

Reactions: YVR123

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
1. no idea
Thank u for a detailed reply
For point 5 i am applying for my parents mom and dad i have 3 siblings all are above age 21 which means they are not counted as dependents for my parents neither did i apply for any of them as for my family its me my spouse and my daughter and that's exactly what we have mentioned in our application
I dont understand why they are accounting for 8 people and we haven't submitted any undertaking for anyone ever it should technically be 5 people from what I understood initially

for point 4 can they reject our application later in process? My income is low for 2018 and 2019 because i came to canada in 2018 may and took me a while to find a job so my income from aug 2018 to dec 2018 is obviously on the lower side and so was my spouse we picked pace in 2019 but it was still low 2020 and 2021 was a good year for us but since the application was submitted in nov 2021 the assessment for 2021 wasn't available so we never mentioned income for 2021 if that makes sense?
they havent asked me for any further information in the letter its just a financial assessment letter thats all

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
For point 5 i am applying for my parents mom and dad i have 3 siblings all are above age 21 which means they are not counted as dependents for my parents neither did i apply for any of them as for my family its me my spouse and my daughter and that's exactly what we have mentioned in our application
I dont understand why they are accounting for 8 people and we haven't submitted any undertaking for anyone ever it should technically be 5 people from what I understood initially

for point 4 can they reject our application later in process? My income is low for 2018 and 2019 because i came to canada in 2018 may and took me a while to find a job so my income from aug 2018 to dec 2018 is obviously on the lower side and so was my spouse we picked pace in 2019 but it was still low 2020 and 2021 was a good year for us but since the application was submitted in nov 2021 the assessment for 2021 wasn't available so we never mentioned income for 2021 if that makes sense?
they havent asked me for any further information in the letter its just a financial assessment letter thats all
And if they take into account 5 people we are good

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

So the siblings are not mentioned in IMM0008?

The age cut off is under 22. So if any of your siblings are under 22, then he/she is counted.

It could be a mistake on the IRCC side, we have seen a few cases where medical exam was requested for adult siblings were NOT included in IMM0008. Order GCMS notes. If you have time, try to call them to see what is wrong.

"And if they take into account 5 people we are good "
Does it mean that you have enough income for all year starting from 2018 till current for family size of 5?
Because you mentioned that your income was "low in 2018".