+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi Everyone, Need help

I applied for my mom PR using Family sponsorship. Today we received an email from IRCC (IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation)) saying

"""Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation). In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.""

Question1) my mom is not in Canada, She never visited Canada then why they saying to provide Canadian address
Question 2) Aren't she suppose to be ask for Passport stamp
Question 3) Isnt Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) for people staying in Canada

winterc11

Jan 7, 2021
Hi Everyone, Need help

I applied for my mom PR using Family sponsorship. Today we received an email from IRCC (IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation)) saying

"""Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation). In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.""

Question1) my mom is not in Canada, She never visited Canada then why they saying to provide Canadian address
Question 2) Aren't she suppose to be ask for Passport stamp
Question 3) Isnt Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) for people staying in Canada
I received a similar email.
I replied back to that email saying they are not in the country at present and will be returning later this year.
I expected them to ask for passport stamp. Did you get a reply back from them.

Thanks

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
I received a similar email.
I replied back to that email saying they are not in the country at present and will be returning later this year.
I expected them to ask for passport stamp. Did you get a reply back from them.

Thanks
Yes. They replied back in 1-3 weeks with the request to submit passport for visa stamp

katheosva

Mar 5, 2021
Hello everyone.
So, we already submitted the passports. How long did it take for those of you to get them back stamped? How long after would i receive the COPR?
I already received invitation to pre-arrival services as well.

kieqwe

Feb 22, 2021
My dad is finally coming to Canada, will be landing at Toronto (YYZ).
Can anyone share how the landing process work (e.g. how long it takes, are directions clear in the airport to show where to go)?
Will there be translator/interpreter that he can request if needed (his English is fairly limited)?

Will it be sufficient if I prepare a list of questions based on the IRCC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/border-entry/interviews.html)?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
My dad is finally coming to Canada, will be landing at Toronto (YYZ).
Can anyone share how the landing process work (e.g. how long it takes, are directions clear in the airport to show where to go)?
Will there be translator/interpreter that he can request if needed (his English is fairly limited)?

Will it be sufficient if I prepare a list of questions based on the IRCC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/border-entry/interviews.html)?

Thank you in advance!
it depends on how busy the airport is on the day. My parents spent about 3 hrs in the airport. several planes were landing that afternoon and tons of ppl arrived. but they only spent about 15 mins in the IRCC office. Rest of the time they were queueing up at a kiosk or waiting for luggage.
They don't speak English so I prepared a letter to briefly explain they are landing and ask for an interpreter. They told me the officer was so busy they barely looked at it. There was an interpreter and everything turned out fine. They were not questioned at all. All they need to do is to sign at several places on the COPR before the officer date and stamp it.

alikeyvan

Feb 27, 2023
Hi

The sponsorship application of my parents was sent on Dec 3rd 2022 and after this we have not heard from IRCC. We have not even received an AOR email nor a rejection email yet. Just a confirmation about the successful submission of the application. Is this normal? Is there a way to follow this up since we do not have a UCI number?

Thanks

katheosva

Mar 5, 2021
Hi everyone.
We are almost finish with our process. Today, on the IRCC account it showed status: approved. My parents passports are on their way back to them. When should i expect the COPR? Is it send by email as the other documents have been sent or by mail to my parents address in their home country?
Thanks

katheosva

Mar 5, 2021
Hi

The sponsorship application of my parents was sent on Dec 3rd 2022 and after this we have not heard from IRCC. We have not even received an AOR email nor a rejection email yet. Just a confirmation about the successful submission of the application. Is this normal? Is there a way to follow this up since we do not have a UCI number?

Thanks
It might take a while or not.
In my case i sent the application Feb 2021 and received AOR in August 2021. It's a waiting game. Good luck