+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hello all,

On October 15, 2022 IRCC sent me PGP invitation email as I applied in October 2020 and given me time until December 24, 2022 to submit the Online application through their Online Portal. I have few questions related to the application:

1. During my expression of Interest in 2020, I entered the name of my Mother only (Principal Applicant) and didn't mention the name of my Father anywhere in the expression. The e-mail/letter that the IRCC sent to me has NO name of mother printed on it anywhere but instead of that the e-mail/letter is referred to me only as Sponsor. So my question is: If they didn't mention name of any of my parent on the letter as it only says "parents", Can I consider that this letter talks about both parents regardless to which parent name I had mentioned during the expression time and If I want, Can I include my Father's name in the application now along with my mother as dependent? How should I proceed with it?

2. Let's say If I'll be allowed to add my Father name at this stage in the application along with my mother(principal applicant), Should I fill separate application for both parents or only ONE? IMM 0008 forms and any other?

3. Which Taxation Year CRA Notices I have to provide to them If I expressed interest in 2020?

4. My parents are married but they don't have their Marriage Certificate as the marriage was never registered back in years. It will be bit hard to apply one at this stage as my mother is visiting me here in CANADA until next year. What would be my option? Can we fill Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) form for them as even though they were married traditionally but their is no legal document available and marriage was never registered in those times.

5. In form Schedule A-Background (IMM 5669), As both of my parents are retired now and didn't work from last 10 years and they are asking to provide their personal history since the age of 18 in their case. Does this apply to the principal applicant only or also applies on my Father too (Not sure if he can be considered as a dependent or not?).

6. For DEPENDENT's they have different meaning i.e someone who is entirely dependent on the principal applicant i.e. any kind of disabilities, medical reasons or financially dependent etc. Then how to enlist the other Parent in the application?

Appreciate and Thanks in advance for your time and Inputs for all my above concerns.

Jan 12, 2012
Hi Guys,
I am looking for an info/advise for below situation.
My parents have a Visitor visa. They are planning to travel to Canada. Also they were eligible for PGP program. They have sent medical and police report a year ago. We have been waiting as most of you are doing. If High commission ask their passport once they are here in Canada on their visitor visa what shall we do?
Do we have to update address if they are here for 6 months on visitor visa?
Can we submit passport from here in Canada?
Once passport is submitted if they take long time and if they need to travel what shall we do?
As a sponsor/reps if my mailing address changed should I have to notify about address change? if so how do I do it?
Thank You
Sharma

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
hello Group members for my parents application when i log into my cic account Under details about your application status where it says review of additional documents it still says we need additional documents to process your application. we will send you letter or email with details however when i go to upload documents it says no docs required and no option to upload. Any idea why is it like this.(medical was done dec 2021, police clearance and fbi clearance was submitted in jan 2022, on feb 2022 received pre arrival letter , on september 2022 received Biometrics request and is now complete. ) I would appreciate any insight . Thank you!

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
looks like large number of PGP 2020 applicants already completed the process and i am still here stuck with CIC not disclosing whats going on. pre arrival received in feb 2022. biometrics requested september 2022 and submitted. All documents submitted my cic a/c says we need additional document to process your application but do not disclose what is needed. it is just playing game. its so frustrating...

saifali_a95

Jan 8, 2021
looks like large number of PGP 2020 applicants already completed the process and i am still here stuck with CIC not disclosing whats going on. pre arrival received in feb 2022. biometrics requested september 2022 and submitted. All documents submitted my cic a/c says we need additional document to process your application but do not disclose what is needed. it is just playing game. its so frustrating...
Call IRCC to find out. Sometimes they receive all the documents but they don't update the status on GCKEY until and unless the visa officer actively works on your file.

Reactions: YVR123

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Call IRCC to find out. Sometimes they receive all the documents but they don't update the status on GCKEY until and unless the visa officer actively works on your file.
Thank You I called but no one picks the phone it says to call later as line is busy. I submitted web form as well as GCMS note. Can you please share me your timeline? I wonder if any pgp 2020 applicants left here

NP123

Oct 25, 2022
Hi guys. I applied for my mother's PR in 2020 and got the invitation in Mar 2021. Medical was in June 2022 with police clearance request in Aug 2022. IRCC asked for my mother's passport in Sep 2022 with a statement that if she in Pakistan then the the passport needs to be submitted to Islamabad visa office and if in Canada then submit to ottawa office. so she came to Canada after the letter arrived on super visa and i submitted the passport to Ottawa office. Yesterday we got my mother's passport back without the confirmation of PR but with a letter having following statement. I do want to mention that i missed to update IRCC that she came to Canada on supervisa after the passport request. Can anybody throw some light on the following statement from IRCC ?

"Please note that we are returning your passport and pictures without a confirmation of Permanent residence or permanent resident visa being issued. we want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application. A visa office will contact you with information on confirming your status as permanent resident"

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys. I applied for my mother's PR in 2020 and got the invitation in Mar 2021. Medical was in June 2022 with police clearance request in Aug 2022. IRCC asked for my mother's passport in Sep 2022 with a statement that if she in Pakistan then the the passport needs to be submitted to Islamabad visa office and if in Canada then submit to ottawa office. so she came to Canada after the letter arrived on super visa and i submitted the passport to Ottawa office. Yesterday we got my mother's passport back without the confirmation of PR but with a letter having following statement. I do want to mention that i missed to update IRCC that she came to Canada on supervisa after the passport request. Can anybody throw some light on the following statement from IRCC ?

"Please note that we are returning your passport and pictures without a confirmation of Permanent residence or permanent resident visa being issued. we want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application. A visa office will contact you with information on confirming your status as permanent resident"
if she is in Canada, she doesn't need her passport stamped for PR. She will be landed virtually and will get eCOPR.