+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Thank God, i have finally received passport request . its 5 page letter says step 1 to confirm any change in status step 2 submit passport , step 3 prepare our documents which is submit copy of the letter passport along with 2 photos.

saifali_a95

Jan 8, 2021
Thank You I called but no one picks the phone it says to call later as line is busy. I submitted web form as well as GCMS note. Can you please share me your timeline? I wonder if any pgp 2020 applicants left here
Yeah there are many people like me from PGP 2020 still waiting.

My timeline: 03-March-2021 (Application Submitted).
08-Dec-21: Sponsorship approval.
06-June-22: Medical Received.
03-July-21: Pre-arrival service letter received.
05-July-22: Police Clearance Certificate Request.
Waiting for Passport request. Medical Passed and PCC has been submitted already.

saifali_a95

Jan 8, 2021
Thank God, i have finally received passport request . its 5 page letter says step 1 to confirm any change in status step 2 submit passport , step 3 prepare our documents which is submit copy of the letter passport along with 2 photos.
Your visa office? Mine is Vancouver. What is your timeline?

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
HI Group members, I received Passport request letter with my Dad's name on the top.

- could any of you please confirm that i would not request seperate passport request with my mom's name, the same passport request letter applies for both applicants?
_ Also i am going o send the passport to VFS Los Angeles via USPS prepaid return envelop, do i need to submit each passport separately or can i mail both passport using one envelop and send one return envelop to get both passport back. Can you please let me know. Thank you so much

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hello all i applied in PGP lottery back in oct 2020 and received selection letter in Oct 2021 with deadline on 6 dec 2021 I submitted the application and then there was complete silence in May 2022 I received email to submit further documents which i did by june 2022 (i emailed them because letter say its fast way)
Last sat I received a call from case officer that my application is in abadoned applications because they never received my email she asked me to send everything again i emailed again and also sent hard copies
I received AOR on thurs 27 oct
My question is
How long does the whole process takes?
How can i add application to GCkey account i have tried to link it several times but its not working should i wait a few more days to recieve an email to link our application like we receive when we apply for citizenship?
If i move to any other country for instance will my parents still be able to come? Or will it change
Thanks

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello all i applied in PGP lottery back in oct 2020 and received selection letter in Oct 2021 with deadline on 6 dec 2021 I submitted the application and then there was complete silence in May 2022 I received email to submit further documents which i did by june 2022 (i emailed them because letter say its fast way)
Last sat I received a call from case officer that my application is in abadoned applications because they never received my email she asked me to send everything again i emailed again and also sent hard copies
My question is
How can i add application to GCkey account i have tried to link it several times but its not working should i wait a few more days to recieve an email to link our application like we receive when we apply for citizenship?
If i move to any other country for instance will my parents still be able to come? Or will it change
Thanks
WoooW..you received a call from the case officer !!! saying that they never received an email from your side ,and last Saturday you sent the documents and on Thursday you got an AOR !!!...we definitely are not living on the same planet ...and you definitely have high level connections ;)
in principle 3 years and ...in your case maybe Yesterday ...

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
WoooW..you received a call from the case officer !!! saying that they never received an email from your side ,and last Saturday you sent the documents and on Thursday you got an AOR !!!...we definitely are not living on the same planet ...and you definitely have high level connections ;)
in principle 3 years and ...in your case maybe Yesterday ...
Well umm u dont have to be sarcastic but yes the case officer called on sat morning she told me she is working from home and my application happened to be in abandoned applications she asked me if i m still interested cz we have had paid all fees in full from processing fees to card fees etc everything is fully paid and she called me because she dont see any refund claims either so i told her that yes i m very much interested and thn she asked me why i hadnt sent the docs i told her i did already she said they were never received thats why they are probably never uploaded so i should send them again and mail them with a letter stating you had emailed and they were never acknowledged i did exactly that i emailed with explainition attached my old email in which i had sent docs and mail them as well they received my email this time and sent me an AOR...i dont have high level connections of any sort its just pure luck i guess

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Well umm u dont have to be sarcastic but yes the case officer called on sat morning she told me she is working from home and my application happened to be in abandoned applications she asked me if i m still interested cz we have had paid all fees in full from processing fees to card fees etc everything is fully paid and she called me because she dont see any refund claims either so i told her that yes i m very much interested and thn she asked me why i hadnt sent the docs i told her i did already she said they were never received thats why they are probably never uploaded so i should send them again and mail them with a letter stating you had emailed and they were never acknowledged i did exactly that i emailed with explainition attached my old email in which i had sent docs and mail them as well they received my email this time and sent me an AOR...i dont have high level connections of any sort its just pure luck i guess
not being sarcastic at all !!! some people in the forum didnt have the chance to get a thing although they applied way in the beginning while you had all these privileges and case officer is following you while everyone is chasing after a simple answer without being able to get it ,and nothing wrong about being lucky .

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
My question is
Thanks
when it comes to living outside this where it becomes interesting on one side you dont have to be in the country before applying ,on the other side and here where you might hear two opinions ( at least im one versus too many ...) .if you are living outside you still need the proof of the income and that you are still financially able to sponsor your Parents ,and you still need the proof that that you will be residing in Canada when they enter the country ( own a house,a business a job...you will working on convincing the Case officer of this ) ,my point of view is that our residency is not a prison ,but you need to convince them that you are still connected to your residency place ...that is canada.

question about you AOR did it have an application number and it starts with what ?
and how many people are included in your application ( parents,dependents and yourself and co-signer if applicable )

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
when it comes to living outside this where it becomes interesting on one side you dont have to be in the country before applying ,on the other side and here where you might hear two opinions ( at least im one versus too many ...) .if you are living outside you still need the proof of the income and that you are still financially able to sponsor your Parents ,and you still need the proof that that you will be residing in Canada when they enter the country ( own a house,a business a job...you will working on convincing the Case officer of this ) ,my point of view is that our residency is not a prison ,but you need to convince them that you are still connected to your residency place ...that is canada.

question about you AOR did it have an application number and it starts with what ?
and how many people are included in your application ( parents,dependents and yourself and co-signer if applicable )
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html

Who is eligible to sponsor a parent or grandparent
Find out if you meet the income requirements
Before you apply, find out how much money you need to sponsor your parents and grandparents. You’ll have to prove you have this income in your application.
You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if
  • you’re invited to apply
  • you’re at least 18 years old
  • you live in Canada
  • you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • you have enough money to support the people you want to sponsor
    • to show that you have enough, you’ll have to provide your proof of income
    • you may have a spouse or common-law partner co-sign to combine your incomes
  • you meet all other requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html

Who is eligible to sponsor a parent or grandparent
Find out if you meet the income requirements
Before you apply, find out how much money you need to sponsor your parents and grandparents. You’ll have to prove you have this income in your application.
You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if
  • you’re invited to apply
  • you’re at least 18 years old
  • you live in Canada
  • you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • you have enough money to support the people you want to sponsor
    • to show that you have enough, you’ll have to provide your proof of income
    • you may have a spouse or common-law partner co-sign to combine your incomes
  • you meet all other requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
asking the question again ,you applied today and you are living in canada ,the sponsorship takes 3-5 years to finish ... you cant leave canada and stay abroad and come back along with your parents and live again in Canada and have the proof that you now living in canada ,again like,house and family and work conditional that yourn financial status is recored as income in CRA ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
asking the question again ,you applied today and you are living in canada ,the sponsorship takes 3-5 years to finish ... you cant leave canada and stay abroad and come back along with your parents and live again in Canada and have the proof that you now living in canada ,again like,house and family and work conditional that yourn financial status is recored as income in CRA ?
We have not seent anyone that have successfully sponsored their parents what you suggested. You can try and let us know if you get refuse or not.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
We have not seent anyone that have successfully sponsored their parents what you suggested. You can try and let us know if you get refuse or not.
we have not seen doesnt mean it did or it didnt happen ,trying to understand the difference between a permanent resident and a citizen when it come to these cases it is very possible ( again trying to understand without the intention to arguer for the fun of it ) if a citizen have the right to do it while abroad and a permanent resident needs to do it while residing here ,or if a citizen can prove that he will be here upon the arrival as a permanent resident through his house ownership, work ...

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
we have not seen doesnt mean it did or it didnt happen ,trying to understand the difference between a permanent resident and a citizen when it come to these cases it is very possible ( again trying to understand without the intention to arguer for the fun of it ) if a citizen have the right to do it while abroad and a permanent resident needs to do it while residing here ,or if a citizen can prove that he will be here upon the arrival as a permanent resident through his house ownership, work ...
You could try asking this question on IRCC's social media.