+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Good morning.
My parents passed their medicals on July 28, 2022. I was asked for additional documents(sent) and online it says "reviewing". After medicals are passed, how long does it take to receive COPR, approximately?
Thanks
For me it took 7 months to get Passport request after submitting the additional document. The IRCC status sometime is not 100% correct

Reactions: katheosva

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Hello all,

First time asking a question here. I've found this thread a great source of information, so thanks to all of you!

What is the next thing if you're from a visa-exempt country and you have "Decision Made" on Ecas for the principal applicant? (Medicals and police certificate are still valid for another couple of months, pre-arrival letter received.) I imagine it's the Confirmation of Permanent Residence, right? Do they send you a message to tell you it's on its way, or do they just mail it to you without telling you it's coming?

And is the COPR valid until exactly 12 months after the date of the medical, or do they give you a bit longer? I've heard they sometimes phone you to find out if you have time to come before it expires. How close do you have to be to expiry for that to happen?

Thanks for reading this!
for me it's now 2 months that the status of main applicant is decision made and still nothing.
In reply to my email one month ago, visa office replied that Ready for Visa Letter was sent to me more than a month ago ( 2 days before the status changed to decision made) that I didn't receive such a letter, using Web Form I asked them to resend the Letter but still nothing.
conclusion: as my experience if the main applicant is Decision made in 3-4 days you should be contacted by IRCC and informed of the result. If you have not been contacted you contact them and explain that ECAS is decision made but you have not been informed of the result. Good luck

Reactions: pjc34

rink2022

Jul 23, 2022
Timeline:
Silent user, many thanks to all , this forum information was the great help.

App received- 15 March 2021
Medical request- 6 June 2022
Medical passed- 22 June
Pre arrival letter- 21 July
Pcc and travel request - 23 July
Pcc and other details submitted- 6 August
Pcc uploaded and started reviewing- 9 August (NDVO)
DM and PPR - 11 August

Good luck to all!
"DHARTI PE ROOP MA BAAP KA USS VIDHATA KI PEHCHAN HE"

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Timeline:
Silent user, many thanks to all , this forum information was the great help.

App received- 15 March 2021
Medical request- 6 June 2022
Medical passed- 22 June
Pre arrival letter- 21 July
Pcc and travel request - 23 July
Pcc and other details submitted- 6 August
Pcc uploaded and started reviewing- 9 August (NDVO)
DM and PPR - 11 August

Good luck to all!
"DHARTI PE ROOP MA BAAP KA USS VIDHATA KI PEHCHAN HE"
Were your parents in Canada or India during application processing?

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
How about medicals... Do we have to re do the medicals if it expires before the travel date???
Anyone have any idea..
Thank you
Hi, your medical result is valid for one year from the day that it has been passed and you should land in Canada as a permanent resident before it expires.
otherwise IRCC may request you to do medical exam again. some visa offices request you to do it again some don't. that depend on your luck. hopefully you have good luck
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html#long

Last edited:

Midhund

May 29, 2017
Hi, your medical result is valid for one year from the day that it has been passed and you should land in Canada as a permanent resident before it expires.
otherwise IRCC may request you to do medical exam again. some visa offices request you to do it again some don't. that depend on your luck. hopefully you have good luck
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html#long
Thank you soo much brother

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive virtual landing instructions after receiving a "passport request" letter? My parent received a passport request letter despite the Canadian address on the profile. As per letter instructions, we notified IRCC that the applicant is in Canada (via web form), it's been two months and dead silence. I called IRCC and they just tell me to wait. Anyone had experience with this? Thank you for your help

Reactions: kuldip25

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive virtual landing instructions after receiving a "passport request" letter? My parent received a passport request letter despite the Canadian address on the profile. As per letter instructions, we notified IRCC that the applicant is in Canada (via web form), it's been two months and dead silence. I called IRCC and they just tell me to wait. Anyone had experience with this? Thank you for your help
Hi dear
I am in the same boat as you. I was informed that Ready for visa Letter was sent to me on June 19 by Email but I didn't receive this Email. now it is 2 months that I have been asking IRCC via Web Form (the only way of communication that we have) to resend this letter and no response, nothing, as you said: deadly silence.
I just told this so you know that there are many other applicants that are in the same situation and unfortunately cannot do anything except waiting and praying. hopefully this may calm you a little

• Sad
Reactions: dalsy2

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi dear
I am in the same boat as you. I was informed that Ready for visa Letter was sent to me on June 19 by Email but I didn't receive this Email. now it is 2 months that I have been asking IRCC via Web Form (the only way of communication that we have) to resend this letter and no response, nothing, as you said: deadly silence.
I just told this so you know that there are many other applicants that are in the same situation and unfortunately cannot do anything except waiting and praying. hopefully this may calm you a little
Try to reach to your local MP , they will help to convey your issue to IRCC quickly

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Try to reach to your local MP , they will help to convey your issue to IRCC quickly
how do you guys get an answer from your MP? :( I tried email and filling out a "contact us" form on her website but I'm getting no response. And they have no appointments available at the moment.

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hi dear
there was recent news about privacy breach (CIC sent work permit and permanent residence applicants emails with names and UCIs and other personal info to wrong people), so it's possible they sent your email with the letter to somebody else :(
this article is about work permits but there were others which I can't find quickly right now
https://www.cicnews.com/2022/08/ircc-sent-work-permit-extension-instructions-to-wrong-e-mail-addresses-0829844.html#gs.8w21jb