+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
how do you guys get an answer from your MP? :( I tried email and filling out a "contact us" form on her website but I'm getting no response. And they have no appointments available at the moment.
Usually there will be the office email Id , I sent to same Id and got response from the MP office

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive virtual landing instructions after receiving a "passport request" letter? My parent received a passport request letter despite the Canadian address on the profile. As per letter instructions, we notified IRCC that the applicant is in Canada (via web form), it's been two months and dead silence. I called IRCC and they just tell me to wait. Anyone had experience with this? Thank you for your help
Fairly common fir it to take around 1-2 months at the moment from the time of DM. All they can do is wait their turn. There was an initial delay because IRCC had to read your email and change then to a virtual landing that likely took around a month. You have to subtract the time until IRCC switched them to virtual landing and they were put into that queue.

Reactions: dalsy2

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
how do you guys get an answer from your MP? :( I tried email and filling out a "contact us" form on her website but I'm getting no response. And they have no appointments available at the moment.
Their website will provide contact information. During the summer response times are often slower because many are on vacation. Given that your application is following pretty standard processing they will likely just tell you that you need to wait. They can’t intervene to have your parents receive virtual landing faster.

Reactions: dalsy2

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Fairly common fir it to take around 1-2 months at the moment from the time of DM. All they can do is wait their turn. There was an initial delay because IRCC had to read your email and change then to a virtual landing that likely took around a month. You have to subtract the time until IRCC switched them to virtual landing and they were put into that queue.
Thank you. IRCC agent on the phone said he can't see the webform, which means they haven't processed it yet (that's what he said, not my assumption). Does it mean that once IRCC opens/processes the webform it will take another 1-2 months to wait in this new queue for virtual landing instructions?
In that case I'll keep my fingers crossed for IRCC to open the webform soon. Would you say 2-3 months is normal time to process a webform and I shouldn't submit another one? Thanks for your help

Also, another stupid question - if your medical results are about to expire and you still haven't virtually landed, do you have to take another medical exam, wait for results, repeat the process etc?

Jatinmittal

Aug 18, 2022
I received passport request while parents are here in Canada on super visa. Filled the web form to update address and do virtual landing. DO you know how long it will take for them to respond? Any email address where i can send updated address. ?

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Can we use different mailing address on the 2 way courier than the one we have on our passport for passport submission request.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. IRCC agent on the phone said he can't see the webform, which means they haven't processed it yet (that's what he said, not my assumption). Does it mean that once IRCC opens/processes the webform it will take another 1-2 months to wait in this new queue for virtual landing instructions?
In that case I'll keep my fingers crossed for IRCC to open the webform soon. Would you say 2-3 months is normal time to process a webform and I shouldn't submit another one? Thanks for your help

Also, another stupid question - if your medical results are about to expire and you still haven't virtually landed, do you have to take another medical exam, wait for results, repeat the process etc?
Yes webform has to be read first to change yo virtual landing but after it is changed then it should take 1-2 months. As long as medicals are still valid you are fine. They can also overlook the expiry date if just over 1 year.

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
Hi Everyone - So I just received an update from Mississauga office that "Please be advised that your file will be transferred to the New Delhi office ".
Is this normal procedure?

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
Yes. Applications can be processed in home country or Canada. Depends on how IRCC is distributing applications.
Sounds reasonable . However everything including medical, PCC, biometrics etc is done for the application and I received pre-arrival letter in May. I was just curious why would they transfer now since it should be in the final stages.

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
I received passport request while parents are here in Canada on super visa. Filled the web form to update address and do virtual landing. DO you know how long it will take for them to respond? Any email address where i can send updated address. ?
Congratulations
May I know your timeline please

jogesh

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2010
Doc's Request.
File trf to NDVO 04-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
File Transfer...
04-05-2010 Starts processing on 08-02-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-12-2012
Interview........
HOPEFULLY WAIVED
Passport Req..
08-11-2012 SUBMITTED ON 29-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
Mid oct 2013 by god grace
Hi Jatin. My situation is same as yours. I sent the webform today for change of address. But there is no instruction on letter how to do a virtual landing. Will you please tell me how you do that in your case?