+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello all,

Happy to share my parents received their PR cards today. Our entire process is now complete. Timeline in signature is updated for your reference.

Thank you to everyone for their guidance and support throughout this entire journey. I will be sticking around this forum in case I can be of any help to anyone in need.

Cheers!

gpranav

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
Filed with Application
File Transfer...
31-10-2012
Med's Request
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013, Med's received on 17-05-2013
Passport Req..
18-06-2013, Passport submitted on 09/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
09/07/2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully in September 2013
Hello

Finally I had received the Passport request. Do we need to take appointment to submit the Passport at VAC office? Or can we walk-in? Thanks again. I was trying to contact them but they are closed and I wanted to go there on Monday if they allow walk-in and we are 400 Kms away from nearest VAC.

karachi_boyz

Dec 7, 2021
Hi Everyone,

My parents got a medical request for a PGP application. They had recently gone through a medical test for a visitor visa. And it is valid until March 2023.

The physician panel suggested asking CIC to link that test to your PGP application. How long does it take to link it by submitting a web form?

Can anyone please share their experience?

Thanks

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hello

Finally I had received the Passport request. Do we need to take appointment to submit the Passport at VAC office? Or can we walk-in? Thanks again. I was trying to contact them but they are closed and I wanted to go there on Monday if they allow walk-in and we are 400 Kms away from nearest VAC.
Could you please let us know the timelines?

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
Hi all, I received my PR status in 2021 and unfortunately missed Interest to Sponsor Form window in 2020.... I am currently in the process of hiring a lawyer so that he can oversee and help me out with the process of sponsoring parents... I know that might be redundant but can anyone share their experience of how likely the lottery is..... as far as I read I have a dreadful feeling that PGP can take years and years... also are there any news on when Interest to Sponsor form might open this year (2022) ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all, I received my PR status in 2021 and unfortunately missed Interest to Sponsor Form window in 2020.... I am currently in the process of hiring a lawyer so that he can oversee and help me out with the process of sponsoring parents... I know that might be redundant but can anyone share their experience of how likely the lottery is..... as far as I read I have a dreadful feeling that PGP can take years and years... also are there any news on when Interest to Sponsor form might open this year (2022) ?
Here is an article on the program with your chances. No news on this year.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/10/ircc-parents-and-grandparents-program-2021-immigration-lottery-is-complete-1019280.html#gs.2wc9bm

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
thank you for the reply...so essentially the chances were 1 to 5 in 2020 and 2021 but that only if one received an invitation to apply......which means since Interest to Sponsor Form was not open since 2020 these chances are going to be lower. I am just afraid that this way of bringing parents is too unrealistic..... does that mean that they should start exploring other means of immigration pathways if possible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for the reply...so essentially the chances were 1 to 5 in 2020 and 2021 but that only if one received an invitation to apply......which means since Interest to Sponsor Form was not open since 2020 these chances are going to be lower. I am just afraid that this way of bringing parents is too unrealistic..... does that mean that they should start exploring other means of immigration pathways if possible?
They can look at immigration programs but it will depend on their age, education and language skills. Most people over 45 are not eligible for Express Entry. They need to find a Canadian employer who will file for a LMIA and pay $1k and prove no Canadian or PR could be hired, only your parents. Are they highly skilled? How old are they?

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
They can look at immigration programs but it will depend on their age, education and language skills. Most people over 45 are not eligible for Express Entry. They need to find a Canadian employer who will file for a LMIA and pay $1k and prove no Canadian or PR could be hired, only your parents. Are they highly skilled? How old are they?
my mom and stepdad both 40....stepdad is very qualified in IT department, mom on other hand it not highly qualified.. we were discussing with them but very briefly the idea that my stepdad might try to find an employer here to try to immigrate on work visa and take mom as a depended....but that was a very brief discussion that did not end up with anything substantial...... so far the sponsorship was the main goal... since my lawyer that made my student visa way back in 2014 said that this is a reasonable path of brining my parents afterwards....however time passed and I only managed to obtain my PR status in Jan 2021...... and so far I see that either the program changed since or I was originally misled by my lawyer... because reading these forums make me realize more and more how improbable is to win this lottery....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my mom and stepdad both 40....stepdad is very qualified in IT department, mom on other hand it not highly qualified.. we were discussing with them but very briefly the idea that my stepdad might try to find an employer here to try to immigrate on work visa and take mom as a depended....but that was a very brief discussion that did not end up with anything substantial...... so far the sponsorship was the main goal... since my lawyer that made my student visa way back in 2014 said that this is a reasonable path of brining my parents afterwards....however time passed and I only managed to obtain my PR status in Jan 2021...... and so far I see that either the program changed since or I was originally misled by my lawyer... because reading these forums make me realize more and more how improbable is to win this lottery....
You need to meet LICO for three years consecutively from 2021 to be eligible for PGP program. Your dad can look for work in Canada and try to secure a LMIA and apply for closed work permit. Or look to see if they are eligible for PNP programs. He needs ECAs for degrees and IELTs. This doesn’t guarantee that they will get PR.

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
You need to meet LICO for three years consecutively from 2021 to be eligible for PGP program. Your dad can look for work in Canada and try to secure a LMIA and apply for closed work permit. Or look to see if they are eligible for PNP programs. He needs ECAs for degrees and IELTs. This doesn’t guarantee that they will get PR.
that is true....so far I do meet the LICO requirements (assuming you mean my income), the thing is that so far there are no signs that Interest to Sponsor form will open in 2022, even if it opens in 2023.... there is no certainty they we will get selected. And the PGP process may take years to complete....however as the time passes..... and my parents don't get any younger.... I am starting to think that the best way is to explore many options and to keep PGP on the backburner... as an option.... Anyways at this point I am just rumbling but you did confirm my suspicions...I heard about PNP Programs and LIMA Stuff so I think I must bring it over again to my parents.

cometome14

Sep 29, 2017
Hi,
Today I received PCC request for my parents.My mother is here in canada on visitor visa father is in India right now.Mother’s return flight is next month 21st.Now I am concerned about mother’s PCC as we have only 30 days deadline.Need suggestion in what should I do for mother’s PCC ?, should apply from here or wait her to reach back home and apply.

Reactions: hotsalsa

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Hi there,

Thank you all for responding to my all questions. This forum has been a great support throughout my PGP application process. Just wanted to share my parents landing/post landing experience. My parents landed at YVR (Vancouver) on 08th June, and it took 3.5 hrs for them to complete immigration / security check / luggage collection. Immigration was smooth, not many questions asked.

Linked PR card application online on 08th June. Applied MSP online, but to complete MSP enrollment you need to get BC Services Card from ICBC.

We went to ICBC to apply for BC Service card, but they won’t accept COPR, they need physical PR card but they took picture & all details and told us that they will link this with online MSP application. ICBC provided us with interim BC Services card letter. Also suggested us to call after a month if we haven’t received PR card to ask for temporary PHN # / MSP coverage letter.

ICBC asked us to come in person after we receive our physical PR card to get BC Services card. We applied SIN card online. As per service Canada suggestions, I submitted Interim service card letter and bank statement (Yes, we opened bank account before going for SIN) for address proof for my parents SIN application.

Please see signature for my full time line

I hope this information might help someone……….. Good Luck guys who are all waiting to receive updates

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi,
Today I received PCC request for my parents.My mother is here in canada on visitor visa father is in India right now.Mother’s return flight is next month 21st.Now I am concerned about mother’s PCC as we have only 30 days deadline.Need suggestion in what should I do for mother’s PCC ?, should apply from here or wait her to reach back home and apply.
Getting a PCC takes some time and your mother’s trip is still more than a month away so I would suggest you start the application online from here. They need to verify everything at local police station so it’s good your father is there to followup.

In my case, parents are here in Canada so we applied online and locally in India we had my uncle follow up with local police.

Also, we submitted our PCC one month late than original deadline of 30 days so if it comes to that in your case, don’t worry, just apply as soon as possible right now and if you feel it won’t be here within 30 days then around day 22-25 or so, raise a web form so there is proof that you let IRCC know you’re still waiting and there are delays.