+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
You’re only eligible to apply AFTER you become a PR/Citizen (and meet minimum income requirements for 3 years prior to applying). You cannot submit one without having that status.

I mean you can but you will be rejected.

You could have but you would have been rejected.

No one should be doing that really and eating up IRCC’s time and resources and taking up spots of people who are actually eligible.
oh good to know....i just listened a questionable podcast that said that you don't have to be pr at the moment of submission of the form, and that made me suspicious.. i also read on this site "https://www.mdsvisa.com/how-to-fill-out-the-parents-and-grandparents-interest-to-sponsor-form/", that you have to input your passport or pr number. So I decided to ask here and see what people with experience can say....thank you!

Reactions: hotsalsa

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
oh good to know....i just listened a questionable podcast that said that you don't have to be pr at the moment of submission of the form, and that made me suspicious.. i also read on this site "https://www.mdsvisa.com/how-to-fill-out-the-parents-and-grandparents-interest-to-sponsor-form/", that you have to input your passport or pr number. So I decided to ask here and see what people with experience can say....thank you!
You can also check https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html , it clearly mention the eligibility

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Not sure about previous years but in 2020 I had to upload a copy/proof of my status while submitting the interest to sponsor form. PR card in my case.

Reactions: vd1234567

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
Not sure about previous years but in 2020 I had to upload a copy/proof of my status while submitting the interest to sponsor form. PR card in my case.
thank you for your replies! I am just going mad waiting.... and want to make sure I did not miss anything.... oh well... I did not and the only thing I can really do is hope that Form opens in 2022....

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
thank you for your replies! I am just going mad waiting.... and want to make sure I did not miss anything.... oh well... I did not and the only thing I can really do is hope that Form opens in 2022....
No problem. Happy to help!

Again, just relax! I know it’s easy for me to say but trust me, I can understand this stuff can easily make anyone super anxious and frustrated. Try to enjoy the present and try not to stress out too much. You have no choice but to wait so wait for it without stressing out. You got this!

This forum is an excellent place to ask for help and there are many here who can assist you. I hope the form opens soon and things work out smoothly for you and your family. All the best!

Reactions: vd1234567

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
No problem. Happy to help!

Again, just relax! I know it’s easy for me to say but trust me, I can understand this stuff can easily make anyone super anxious and frustrated. Try to enjoy the present and try not to stress out too much. You have no choice but to wait so wait for it without stressing out. You got this!

This forum is an excellent place to ask for help and there are many here who can assist you. I hope the form opens soon and things work out smoothly for you and your family. All the best!
thank you!

Gurisandhu9999

May 12, 2021
Hi, in my case, I informed IRCC (via webform) and also, the IRCC office in home country (by email) a few days after my mother arrived in Canada, so her address was updated to the Canadian address. I think this is why it didn't take too much time for us to receive the Portal email after the PPR email.
Did you inform IRCC that your father is in Canada?
Yes i informed but no any information from ircc

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Hello,
Today my mom-in-law received a notification letter that her file is to be transferred to Mo treal Processing Centre. Did anyone experience this?She passed her medical last January 2022 and since then, a notification today…

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hello,
Today my mom-in-law received a notification letter that her file is to be transferred to Mo treal Processing Centre. Did anyone experience this?She passed her medical last January 2022 and since then, a notification today…
Ya this is regular process . Depends upon the sponsors address , the file will be trasferred to that cpc. Now next update will be PCC.