+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

cometome14

Sep 29, 2017
Getting a PCC takes some time and your mother’s trip is still more than a month away so I would suggest you start the application online from here. They need to verify everything at local police station so it’s good your father is there to followup.

In my case, parents are here in Canada so we applied online and locally in India we had my uncle follow up with local police.

Also, we submitted our PCC one month late than original deadline of 30 days so if it comes to that in your case, don’t worry, just apply as soon as possible right now and if you feel it won’t be here within 30 days then around day 22-25 or so, raise a web form so there is proof that you let IRCC know you’re still waiting and there are delays.
Hi
Thank you for your reply
I checked online on BLS document check list they are asking for original passport and I am worried if the passport does not come on time she may not be able to fly.

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi
Thank you for your reply
I checked online on BLS document check list they are asking for original passport and I am worried if the passport does not come on time she may not be able to fly.
Hi,
You don’t have to submit the original passport. It stays with you! You just have to follow the online instructions, start an online application/form for PCC on Passport Seva Kendra website, take all your relevant and original documents to BLS and then submit the application, pay the fees. They don’t take your passport.

PEHAT

Nov 2, 2021
Vancouver, BC
Who knows if it is required for parents to have two vaccine (canada approved vaccines like Pfizer, Moderna, etc..) shots in order to pass the Medical Exam stage or not?

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
Who knows if it is required for parents to have two vaccine (canada approved vaccines like Pfizer, Moderna, etc..) shots in order to pass the Medical Exam stage or not?
They didn’t ask about the vaccine status when we went for medical. So vaccine status will not be a concern during medical exam.

• Love
Reactions: PEHAT and YVR123

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
Hi all, just a curious question I noticed that interest to sponsor form has this note on the webpage: "The form is now closed and will stay closed. "
I don't want to read much into it... but the last part says will stay close makes me nervous. I only got my PR in 2021 and yet to even submit the interest to sponsor form, this language makes me afraid that it might not even open any time soon. Anyone who have experience with the interest to sponsor form, and was the language always like this?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi all, just a curious question I noticed that interest to sponsor form has this note on the webpage: "The form is now closed and will stay closed. "
I don't want to read much into it... but the last part says will stay close makes me nervous. I only got my PR in 2021 and yet to even submit the interest to sponsor form, this language makes me afraid that it might not even open any time soon. Anyone who have experience with the interest to sponsor form, and was the language always like this?
Hi,

Like you said, I also wouldn’t read too much into it. Things keep changing very quickly. I haven’t faced this exact situation but immigration and family reunification is very important to Canada. I’m sure they will update it when they know they can take on more applications so hang in there. Also, not sure if you’re already eligible to apply (you might be meeting minimum income requirements for last 3 years as I’m assuming you’re just waiting to apply the interest form) but in case you aren’t, let’s hope the forms open up by the time you’re ready. Again, stay positive and don’t lose hope.

Reactions: vd1234567

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
Hi,

Like you said, I also wouldn’t read too much into it. Things keep changing very quickly. I haven’t faced this exact situation but immigration and family reunification is very important to Canada. I’m sure they will update it when they know they can take on more applications so hang in there. Also, not sure if you’re already eligible to apply (you might be meeting minimum income requirements for last 3 years as I’m assuming you’re just waiting to apply the interest form) but in case you aren’t, let’s hope the forms open up by the time you’re ready. Again, stay positive and don’t lose hope.
Hi Thank you for the reply, yes I am ok on part with the income....luckily I was working on PGWP since around 2018.... the issue at first was that I did not have enough points for express entry and when I was in 2020.... the pandemic started and the process took longer then expected...so I only got PR in 2021 and missed the 2020 window for the interest form.....I really hope that I can submit form somewhere this fall (2022) but I read somewhere that the system is overwhelmed and they might postpone the whole thing till 2023.... any how I read at this forum that some people spend 7 years in pool and still trying.....

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi Thank you for the reply, yes I am ok on part with the income....luckily I was working on PGWP since around 2018.... the issue at first was that I did not have enough points for express entry and when I was in 2020.... the pandemic started and the process took longer then expected...so I only got PR in 2021 and missed the 2020 window for the interest form.....I really hope that I can submit form somewhere this fall (2022) but I read somewhere that the system is overwhelmed and they might postpone the whole thing till 2023.... any how I read at this forum that some people spend 7 years in pool and still trying.....
Yup, there are people who I know have been waiting for 5 years, 7 years, 15 years and I really do feel for them. I wish there was a better, more conclusive, more inclusive way.

But don’t lose hope because there are also people like me, who got picked in the very first year, very first draw being eligible, which my family and I are very grateful for.

Back in 2020 when I was getting ready to apply for the first time, I expected the interest forms to open in January based on previous years but everyone said it got postponed to April and then eventually came out in October so it was still quite a bit of a wait due to the pandemic. The system sure is overwhelmed and it takes more than a year in most cases for the process to be completed from start to finish.

Just hang in there and stay positive is all I can say.

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
My mum is currently here in Canada on a Super Visa till first week of August. We got a PR Portal email and submitted information on 14th June.
Is eCOPR the step where she becomes PR or is it when she gets the PR card? Need to decide if I still have to apply for extension of her stay on Super Visa if she gets eCOPR but not the PR card. Any official information/link anyone has to share?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
My mum is currently here in Canada on a Super Visa till first week of August. We got a PR Portal email and submitted information on 14th June.
Is eCOPR the step where she becomes PR or is it when she gets the PR card? Need to decide if I still have to apply for extension if she gets eCOPR but not the PR card. Any official information/link anyone has to share?
eCoPR and she’s officially a Permanent Resident. You can then apply for her SIN, Health Card, Bank account etc on the basis of her eCoPR while you wait for PR card to arrive in mail. No need to apply for any extensions once you receive the eCoPR.

This information is based on personal experience, no official link to share at the moment. Check signature for specific timeline although I know some people receive their eCoPRs sooner.

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
eCoPR and she’s officially a Permanent Resident. You can then apply for her SIN, Health Card, Bank account etc on the basis of her eCoPR while you wait for PR card to arrive in mail. No need to apply for any extensions once you receive the eCoPR.

This information is based on personal experience, no official link to share at the moment. Check signature for specific timeline although I know some people receive their eCoPRs sooner.
That makes sense, thank you.

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Is eCOPR the step where she becomes PR or is it when she gets the PR card? Need to decide if I still have to apply for extension of her stay on Super Visa if she gets eCOPR but not the PR card. Any official information/link anyone has to share?
Congrats @DevGurgaon , could you please post your timeline here

vd1234567

Jun 11, 2022
Hi all, I have a question at the moment of submitting Interest to Sponsor form, does one have to be a PR or Citizen, in other words if in 2020 I was in the process of obtaining my pr....my application was in process.... could've I still submitted Interest to Sponsor form, or it would be rejected due to me not having a status at that particular moment?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi all, I have a question at the moment of submitting Interest to Sponsor form, does one have to be a PR or Citizen, in other words if in 2020 I was in the process of obtaining my pr....my application was in process.... could've I still submitted Interest to Sponsor form, or it would be rejected due to me not having a status at that particular moment?
You’re only eligible to apply AFTER you become a PR/Citizen (and meet minimum income requirements for 3 years prior to applying). You cannot submit one without having that status.

I mean you can but you will be rejected.

You could have but you would have been rejected.

No one should be doing that really and eating up IRCC’s time and resources and taking up spots of people who are actually eligible.