+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
Hi, My mom received the Ready for VISA letter (I believe it is the Passport Request letter) in IRCC account. The latter has come from the Canadian Embassy in home country asking to submit the Passport to local VFS. Also, the letter says that if the applicant is in Canada, the passport needs to be submitted to "Case Processing Centre – Ottawa". Please see the timeline in the signature below.
I was thinking that the applicants in Canada will receive the PR portal request.
Has anyone in this group (or know anyone) in the same situation?
Any advice would be helpful.

Yes I believe it is same letter.

(As per letter I received for my Auntie and Uncle application)On the top it says primary office Mississauga and bottom header states
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca

One the third page of letter it has instructions to follow if the person is in Canada.
As per letter- B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)
I just double checked the letter and I did not see any instructions stating if the applicant is in Canada, the passport needs to be submitted to "Case Processing Centre – Ottawa".

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Yes I believe it is same letter.

(As per letter I received for my Auntie and Uncle application)On the top it says primary office Mississauga and bottom header states
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca

One the third page of letter it has instructions to follow if the person is in Canada.
As per letter- B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)
I just double checked the letter and I did not see any instructions stating if the applicant is in Canada, the passport needs to be submitted to "Case Processing Centre – Ottawa".
Hi thanks for the reply. In our letter, there is no virtual landing information. It just gives the following instruction for Submitting passport in Canada.
If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
Submit all documents in a single package to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Reactions: taran087

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
Also my spouse was unemployed for some period..what do i put in address column, NA?
I also refilled this form after I submitted application for PGP2020 in March/2021. Bcz I realized in November that I have my husband as co-signer (for 2018 and 2019) but forgot to get him sign the form and also there were few other mistakes re income. In November I sent them new form with signature and also I updated my husband’s employment status (he was unemployed for most part of 2020 yr and the time I submitted application in March) he got new job in may2021) and our family size was changed ( my son born in may).
so far I did not have any email questioning about it. I believe they accepted it.

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
Hi thanks for the reply. In our letter, there is no virtual landing information. It just gives the following instruction for Submitting passport in Canada.
If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
Submit all documents in a single package to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
This is something new. Hopefully someone will answer. Would you be able to call this office to confirm this procedure?

Reactions: SAKARUN

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
This is something new. Hopefully someone will answer. Would you be able to call this office to confirm this procedure?
There is no phone number to contact them. So, I am going to contact the Ottawa office and the office in home country via email to confirm the procedure.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hello Folks,

Has anyone received any update from NDVO. My parent's PCC, biometrics and medical were completed in Dec 2021. The pre-arrival letter came on 5th Feb 2022. After that, it's complete silence.

Reactions: kuldip25

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Hello Folks,

Has anyone received any update from NDVO. My parent's PCC, biometrics and medical were completed in Dec 2021. The pre-arrival letter came on 5th Feb 2022. After that, it's complete silence.
Exactly same scenario with me sent a webform last week

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I think they should have a points or ranking system as in Express entry based on the number of days stay, tax paid, income qualification, etc. It will at least have some kind of justifiable process.

Lottery is like winning Lotto max
For whom? For the parents that are being sponsored or for the children that are sponsoring them? Why can't parents that receive a pension and that have their own financial means not get a PR and then pay taxes and health care themselves? Has IRCC not thought about that there are such parents out there that are financially stable and even better off then their children?

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Thanks, I will try sending them an email today. Do you know anyone contacted this office for similar reason?
Actually while I applied for PR and I was in Canada, then instead of PPR they have asked me to do virtual landing by taking appointment at CPC mississauga by sending email to above id.

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hello Members,
Altogether different topic from Parents immigration . Its regarding the health insurance .
As far as I know , once parents get the PR they are eligible for OHIP. Which will be eligible after 3 months of landing. SO first question is during 3 months what kind of health insurance should we choose?
Now once they are eligible for OHIP, it will cover the prescription drug around 4400 , physiotherapy , optometrist. Apart from these like dental coverage or anything other that which is not in OHIP, what would be the best insurance plan to buy ?

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello Members,
Altogether different topic from Parents immigration . Its regarding the health insurance .
As far as I know , once parents get the PR they are eligible for OHIP. Which will be eligible after 3 months of landing. SO first question is during 3 months what kind of health insurance should we choose?
Now once they are eligible for OHIP, it will cover the prescription drug around 4400 , physiotherapy , optometrist. Apart from these like dental coverage or anything other that which is not in OHIP, what would be the best insurance plan to buy ?
Hello,

There are many insurance companies available that you can pick from based on your needs and getting in touch with an insurance agent might be a better option as they can guide you and provide different options to you.

However, I think there is no waiting period for OHIP now? My parents went to Service Ontario and already applied for their OHIP cards with ease on the very next business day after getting their eCoPR.