+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Thank you. I will raise web form. I am thinking of contacting MP too.
@taran087 , MP office will provide you quick update like with in a day but its not very effective. I mean IRCC didnt have any imapact. MP office will call and get the latest updated from IRCC.
As @sharadsinha mentioned , raising webform is much better option . IRCC will take your file into the procress, but its take 1 month to get their reply .
Better you can do both in parallel.
Also I heard there is option where we pay $5 and get the detailed report in webform , you may choose this option.

Gurisandhu9999

May 12, 2021
Plz help me in this situation
My father is main applicant and got his decision done by 29 april. On may 2 he got passport request letter in which they said that if u are already in canada then reply via webform in 5 days and if u having any dependent outside canada then u have to submit passport to vfs. My mother is in usa so we replied( for my father) via webform and for my mother we sent passport. My mother already got her visa and copr in usa but there has been no update on my father's application as he is main applicant and already in canada. Plz guide me what to do

CoralDG

Jan 9, 2021
Hi

My parents have received a letter today i.e. 25th May, 2022 to submit the passports. They are now in Mumbai, India. I am looking for some guidance / clarification on submission of passports to VFS Mumbai.

(1) I am not finding any link to pay fees for VFS courier charges for pick up & drop (Rs 608 * 2 = Rs 1216). If someone has paid it online for using VFS courier services, please forward the link.

(2) Can we walk in person; and submit package (including passports) to VFS Mumbai?

(3) We have paid RPRF Fee and Biometric fee in advance at the time of application.

(4) Apart from courier service charges RPRF & biometric fees, is there any fee we need to pay for passport transmission fee?

(5) My parents have used the same Mumbai VFS Centre for biometric services. I read somewhere that if finger print services are used at the same VFS centre, there is no other fees. Just need some more guidance on it.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: taran087

CHANNO

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Hi

My parents have received a letter today i.e. 25th May, 2022 to submit the passports. They are now in Mumbai, India. I am looking for some guidance / clarification on submission of passports to VFS Mumbai.

(1) I am not finding any link to pay fees for VFS courier charges for pick up & drop (Rs 608 * 2 = Rs 1216). If someone has paid it online for using VFS courier services, please forward the link.

(2) Can we walk in person; and submit package (including passports) to VFS Mumbai?

(3) We have paid RPRF Fee and Biometric fee in advance at the time of application.

(4) Apart from courier service charges RPRF & biometric fees, is there any fee we need to pay for passport transmission fee?

(5) My parents have used the same Mumbai VFS Centre for biometric services. I read somewhere that if finger print services are used at the same VFS centre, there is no other fees. Just need some more guidance on it.

Thanks in advance.
Link for passport submission is https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
hi everyone..i was hoping to get some input on this. i got selected to sponsor my parents in dec 2020. on march 6th 2021 i sent their application. november 10th got aor email from ircc which said i am approved to be a sponsor and asked the following documents.
Updated residential address, Immigration Medical Examination ( my parents got their med instruction on nov 18th), Right of Permanent Residence Fee, Passport/Travel Document, Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant), Proof of Relationship (Principal Applicant and Dependant Spouse or Common-law Partner, Biometrics (if applicable), Police Certificate, Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562), Details of Military Service – IMM 5546 (if applicable),
CV/Resume

out of all these only medical and police clearence was left to do and rest i have already sent with the main application. am i to send eveything again electronically? i sent my parents pcc on nov 23rd, 2022 as per instruction on the email mentioned above and got an automatic reply. they dont need biometrics which also mentioned in their online account. it has been total silence after that. my parents did their medical and as per online account it shows medical passed december 6th, 2021. thats the last update. so i am wondering if i should have send all the documents listed in the email even though hard copy was sent to ircc with main application. any input much appreciated. thank you and good luck to us all
send those documents again.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
hi. how were you notified of passing medicals ?
i cant get gcc key working and hoping they inform via email. my parents did their medical yesterday
They don't inform via email. Why don't you link your application to IRCC account? Rather than waiting for for GCC to work login with "Sign in Partner" bank login.
Note: While linking you application there is a question "Total number of people in the application" . Generally everyone enters the number of applicants ( Mother and Father ) but actually the expected answer is total number of family members ( adding the sponsored parents). So try all numbers from 2 to total numbers. Something may click. Else you will get error that your application cant be traced.

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi, there was an update in the IRCC account front page and when I checked inside, the Background check has changed to "We are processing your background check". Does anyone know how long it takes to complete this?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi, there was an update in the IRCC account front page and when I checked inside, the Background check has changed to "We are processing your background check". Does anyone know how long it takes to complete this?
My application is approved and it still says the same thing even today. It is not accurate or reliable sometimes. Hang in there!

Gurisandhu9999

May 12, 2021
Hi I applied for my parents sponsorship in 2019 and they got passport request in 2021. My father was the principal applicant and my mom was dependent. At the time passport request was sent my mom was in canada on a visitor visa and ny father was in india. My father submitted his passport and got his Copr. But my mom couldn't submit her passport because she was in canada . I did sent many weforms but no reply yet. Eventually in November she went back to india. Now they want to land in canada in june as my fathers COPR will expire in July. I was waiting for a reply from CIC and till now no reply. We took tickets for both of them in june. Not sure how my mom can get COPR. They asked remedicals for my father not for my mother when it expired. My mom has still a valid visitors visa. Please let me know what should i do in this situation.
Whats update in your case?