+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
It looks like your application is processed faster. I submit additional documents in January. Since then there is complete silence. It doesn’t not even say if the documents have been updated. I submitted documents via web form and email. I did not get upload option via account. I just received a generic reply but inside account it still says we need your additional documents.
I am in same boat
No update
I am june 2021 applicant
Additional documents uploaded in april 2022
No reply

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello,

my parents PR application is in process.
I received an email yesterday asking for PCC, biometrics payment, voters and Aadhar card and to submit these documents within a month.
My parents are in Canada with me on visitors visa. how do I apply for PCC from here?
I tried looking at BLS website but I could not find a courier option and processing time is currently taking 8 weeks for PCC.
Please advise if there is a faster method to get it.

Thank you
Hello,

My parents are here too and we had to apply for Indian PCC from Canada.

Firstly, yes it sucks that you can no longer apply for Tatkal service from Indian Consulate for one-day service like before.

You have two options:

1. If your parents don’t plan to travel back soon to India for next few weeks/months:

The BLS website has information on how to apply for PCC from Canada. Please go through that. You will have to create an online profile for each parent on the Passport Seva Kendra website and fill out the forms etc for PCC. You will have to take all these forms and other supporting original documents as requested to BLS after booking an appointment with them. You can try walk-in but they usually have long lineups and they quickly turn down people if they reach their intake capacity for the day. This is about the Toronto branch. I am not sure about Brampton or any other branches but I would assume it’s the same situation everywhere. Once this online profile is created and all forms are generated, it triggers your application forward to your local police station in India and then they do their thing and go check at the Indian address and verify everything. This usually takes a few weeks. Now in my case, since my parents are here and not present at the Indian address, we had to coordinate with my uncle in India who was coordinating with the local police on our behalf. This required additional documents like consent letters and authorizing letters that allowed the police to trust my uncle on our behalf. Once the police issues a positive PCC, it’s updated online with Indian Consulate who then give BLS the green light to print the letter and mail it to your local Canadian address and you receive the PCC in mail. You then upload this to IRCC. This takes quite a few weeks and we missed the original one month deadline and eventually submitted one month late. We did send a web form to inform about the delay but IRCC seemed chill about it. We didn’t have to send any couriers or anything. Everything was handled by BLS and they send it to you (or you can opt for pick-up).

2. If your parents plan to travel back to India in the coming few days like literally in the next 2 to 7 days:

Your parents can personally follow up with local police and verify everything and get a PCC issued. I don’t have much details about each step in this case since it’s been a long time since I’ve been there but I would assume it would still take some time but probably not as long as coordinating from here. And then they’d have to upload it to IRCC.

Either way the one-month deadline is too tight. You may or may not be able to make it.

Sorry if this was a very long message but I hope you have a better idea. I get that the government wants to have a proper protocol in place to acquire PCCs but it was really convenient when they had the Tatkal service where you could just show up to the Consulate office in the morning with all your proper and relevant documents and then collect your PCC in the evening. All the best!

Also, I am not looking for any acknowledgment or likes. I only show up and say something if I feel I actually have something that could somehow help the person rather than replying to anything and everything just for the sake of it. People are responsible enough to make that decision for themselves without getting too personal or involved. Cheers!

navgill

Mar 28, 2013
Can someone answer that how long it takes to receive an email to create Portal account after replying to an initial email to confirm that applicants are in Canada

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Can someone answer that how long it takes to receive an email to create Portal account after replying to an initial email to confirm that applicants are in Canada
Mine came on the same day few hours after submitting that initial email. I’ve heard it can take upto a week too. How long has it been for you?

tj1696

Apr 14, 2022
This is the famous Ghost Update. You should be able to link your application to GCKey within 1-2 weeks now. Please post this in PGP 2021 thread.
I just posted it in PGP 2021 thread. My parents received biometric and medical request and I got approved as sponsor. Not sure how to link application to GC key.

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
What does being eligible for "Pre-arrival services" mean? Is my application approved, if yes, then how long till we get the Passport request?

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
What does being eligible for "Pre-arrival services" mean? Is my application approved, if yes, then how long till we get the Passport request?
Most likely next day as per my experience.
I am an authorized representative on my Auntie and uncle application. I received information letter in IRCC account on April 12 regarding pre-arrival, then very next day there was passport request letter.
And once you submit passport. In few days, IRCC account says application approved under decision status.
They haven’t received their passports back yet but account states that application approved how long travel documents valid for.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuldip25 and CHANNO

CHANNO

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Most likely next day as per my experience.
I am an authorized representative on my Auntie and uncle application. I received information letter in IRCC account on April 12 regarding pre-arrival, then very next day there was passport request letter.
And once you submit passport. In few days, IRCC account says application approved under decision status.
They haven’t received their passports back yet but account states that application approved how long travel documents valid for.
Hi, Can you please share your timelines.

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
Hi, Can you please share your timelines.
I just updated timeline of my parents application in my signature.
Earlier reply was based on my Auntie and uncle file. I took over this file as representative this January. Before me there was an agent taking care of it, so I don’t k know about rest of their timeline.

Reactions: sharadsinha