Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
oh I see! Thanks so much!

I also havent received the pre-arrival letter yet, I guess that might arrive soon?

Thanks so much :) This is great news!
Congratulations, @gen_z , please share the old portal link and your processing timelines.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I got the invitation to apply letter on September 23, 2021. I just submitted my application. I was confused about the deadline, so I did not submit the application within the 60-day period. The letter provided conflicting information:
“You and the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor have 60 days from the date of this email to submit your complete application online through the Permanent Residence online portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login). The application must be submitted by the principal applicant (your parent or grandparent), or by an authorized representative on their behalf. We must receive your application on or before December 6, 2021 before 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.”
I am wondering if there is one deadline for all regardless of when the invitation to apply letter was received.
For those who got invited to apply in January 2021, were there two different deadlines on your invitation to apply letter?

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
I got the invitation to apply letter on September 23, 2021. I just submitted my application. I was confused about the deadline, so I did not submit the application within the 60-day period. The letter provided conflicting information:
“You and the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor have 60 days from the date of this email to submit your complete application online through the Permanent Residence online portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login). The application must be submitted by the principal applicant (your parent or grandparent), or by an authorized representative on their behalf. We must receive your application on or before December 6, 2021 before 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.”
I am wondering if there is one deadline for all regardless of when the invitation to apply letter was received.
For those who got invited to apply in January 2021, were there two different deadlines on your invitation to apply letter?
i am in pgp 2020. when i received the invite, it did say that i have 60 days to submit the application and the date in bold letters. application received mafch 1 and my deadline was march 14. try not to be so close to the deadline they gave you

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am in pgp 2020. when i received the invite, it did say that i have 60 days to submit the application and the date in bold letters. application received mafch 1 and my deadline was march 14. try not to be so close to the deadline they gave you
Thanks for your response. Was March 14 exactly 60 days from the date you received the invitation to apply letter?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hey everyone, where and how exactly do I need to ask IRCC to give me an extension to submit my parents' PCCs? The PCCs have been applied for through BLS here in Toronto and are currently being processed at the local police station in Mumbai, India with my uncle there constantly following up with them. However, we are certain it may not be here before the due date hence the extension request. Also, what exactly will I need to show them as proof of application? Thanks!

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Thanks for your response. Was March 14 exactly 60 days from the date you received the invitation to apply letter?
the letter was dated jan5/21 and the deadline was mar14/21. so around 68 days

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hey everyone, where and how exactly do I need to ask IRCC to give me an extension to submit my parents' PCCs? The PCCs have been applied for through BLS here in Toronto and are currently being processed at the local police station in Mumbai, India with my uncle there constantly following up with them. However, we are certain it may not be here before the due date hence the extension request. Also, what exactly will I need to show them as proof of application? Thanks!
Depending on processing times mentioned on BLS website for each location, it might take the same time or less depending on how fast actions are completed in the process. When I received email that police verification has been initiated, my father went to the local police station and asked the police officer if they have received the request, in my case police officer had already visited home but no one was there as my father was not in town. he then asked my father copy of my mom's aadhar card as proof against the request. Once police officer sent clear report (status on consulate website changed to 'police report is clear and is available for issuance', then I wrote an email based on my choice to the consulate stating the reason why I need PCC. I am not sure if writing an email expedited the process as I never received email response back from consulate, however, they processed in time depending on the given processing times. I have received PCC.

For requesting extension, I raised webform with a subject: requesting extension of deadline to submit PCC for my mum, I attached email proof of appointment with BLS + BLS website link with a screenshot of processing times to get PCC to show efforts I am making and time taken by authorities that might make me unable to submit PCC in time. I received response from IRCC that they have extended deadline by 30 days from the day they receive request.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Depending on processing times mentioned on BLS website for each location, it might take the same time or less depending on how fast actions are completed in the process. When I received email that police verification has been initiated, my father went to the local police station and asked the police officer if they have received the request, in my case police officer had already visited home but no one was there as my father was not in town. he then asked my father copy of my mom's aadhar card as proof against the request. Once police officer sent clear report (status on consulate website changed to 'police report is clear and is available for issuance', then I wrote an email based on my choice to the consulate stating the reason why I need PCC. I am not sure if writing an email expedited the process as I never received email response back from consulate, however, they processed in time depending on the given processing times. I have received PCC.

For requesting extension, I raised webform with a subject: requesting extension of deadline to submit PCC for my mum, I attached email proof of appointment with BLS + BLS website link with a screenshot of processing times to get PCC to show efforts I am making and time taken by authorities that might make me unable to submit PCC in time. I received response from IRCC that they have extended deadline by 30 days from the day they receive request.
Great, thanks for your response. My parents are in Canada but local police station is cooperative and has said they will verify our Indian address and documents through my uncle on my parents behalf. It’s just that we might not meet the original 30-day deadline because they are taking their sweet time so I will submit a web form too and provide the necessary proof of application. Thanks again!

Reactions: swsood1686

zzsnow7878

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
sponsor parent and grandparent
2021-02-26, Application delivered to Ottawa
2021-07-29,Linked application to MYCIC account
2021-08-26, AOR
2021-10-14,biometric request
2021-10-20,decision made
2021-10-25, medical request
2021-11-01,biometric completed
2021-11-05, passed medical exam
2021-11-11, request additional documents.
2021-11-24, Received additional documents.