+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Mahajan.tanu

Sep 21, 2018
Hello ,

I received email saying I meet requirements to sponsor . And below it has list of documents that I need to submit for the application processing
I am confused if I have to resubmit all those documents or only if I have not submitted earlier .

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hey buddy the Sponsor Approval letter, did you receive it my email or my mail and if it is by mail, is that coming to your address in canada or to your parent's home address ? Thanks,
Hello, i recieved it in email.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
No I have not received any Biometrics request, Called CIC and got response that old Biometrics already attached with PR file.
Can you share the contact number you called. I called this morning but it hunged up. Called at 888-242-2100
Is there a series of number selection that can be followed ? Like 1,2 on the IVRetc

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hello ,

I received email saying I meet requirements to sponsor . And below it has list of documents that I need to submit for the application processing
I am confused if I have to resubmit all those documents or only if I have not submitted earlier .
Submit the documents that were not sent with the application. There are choices available on the sponsorship approval letter about how to submit additional documents.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Honestly, I did not realize that it changed to this until I saw it in the forum. I assumed these have been generic statuses from the get go. Curious as to what the next steps are. I’m trying to dig through the last year’s forum to identify next steps or changes in the My Cic statuses.

Background check (BGC) is a generic term for criminality, security and information sharing.
It's common for applicants to receive a request for IMM5669 Schedule A Background/Declaration form at this stage to ensure that there are no gaps in their personal history and/or for IRCC to reconfirm the information submitted. On MyCIC account if the Background Check status changes from "in progress" to "not applicable" then most likely criminality has passed.
On MyCIC account Background Check will change twice for most applicants. First it will change in the initial few weeks, and then go back to "Not Applicable" and later in the process again change to, "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." This happens because criminality check and security check are both a part of background check, and when these checks happen, the status changes. It will continue to be in progress the second time until you receive the COPR.

Review of eligibility:

To make the process efficient eligibility review takes place in 2 stages, first a case analyst, a program assistant or a case processing agent will review the application and make a recommendation. Then an officer (decision making authority) will review it and make a final determination. eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as "passed".
Usually, before the end of Review of eligibility stage Medicals and Criminality are also passed. At this stage some applicant's also receive a request to pay the RPRF fees if it has not been paid upfront. If an applicant receives a request for the RPRF fee then it usually means that eligibility is recommended passed or passed. On MyCIC account review of eligibility will continue to be in progress until you receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).

mike87

Oct 27, 2014
Background check (BGC) is a generic term for criminality, security and information sharing.
It's common for applicants to receive a request for IMM5669 Schedule A Background/Declaration form at this stage to ensure that there are no gaps in their personal history and/or for IRCC to reconfirm the information submitted. On MyCIC account if the Background Check status changes from "in progress" to "not applicable" then most likely criminality has passed.
On MyCIC account Background Check will change twice for most applicants. First it will change in the initial few weeks, and then go back to "Not Applicable" and later in the process again change to, "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." This happens because criminality check and security check are both a part of background check, and when these checks happen, the status changes. It will continue to be in progress the second time until you receive the COPR.

Review of eligibility:

To make the process efficient eligibility review takes place in 2 stages, first a case analyst, a program assistant or a case processing agent will review the application and make a recommendation. Then an officer (decision making authority) will review it and make a final determination. eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as "passed".
Usually, before the end of Review of eligibility stage Medicals and Criminality are also passed. At this stage some applicant's also receive a request to pay the RPRF fees if it has not been paid upfront. If an applicant receives a request for the RPRF fee then it usually means that eligibility is recommended passed or passed. On MyCIC account review of eligibility will continue to be in progress until you receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).
This is very useful. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query.

George01

Aug 27, 2021
Hi Friends, I booked biometrics appointment for my parents. Appointment letter from VFS is asking for "Signed copy of the Consent Form". Can someone please guide where to find this form? TIA.

kparents

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
I'm a little shocked at how fast some people's files are moving on here. Makes me feel like something is wrong with my application! I received an invite on January 5th, 2021 and my PGP application was received by IRCC on February 25th. My AOR was on August 24th, 2021 and I received a request with it to provide an IMM-5768 (financial evaluation). I sent that in and the application status changed to "in process" on September 13th, 2021. The only thing that has happened since then was a request for biometric fees, about a week later. Nothing else since then, and it has been a month - no request for biometrics or medical exam or anything else. Anyone else experiencing a similar timeline?
Patience is key in this process mate. Only those in CPC-Mississauga have their applications moving along quick from my observation. My application was received on the 4th of February and no medical yet as well :)

Reactions: paul2587

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hi Friends, I booked biometrics appointment for my parents. Appointment letter from VFS is asking for "Signed copy of the Consent Form". Can someone please guide where to find this form? TIA.
Found something that might be useful. I haven’t used vfs.

Watch this video

the link to download consent form is given in the description of the video.

Last edited:

George01

Aug 27, 2021
Found something that might be useful. I haven’t used vfs.

Watch this video

the link to download consent form is given in the description of the video.
Thank you for your help ! Do you mind sharing which service/website did you use to complete Biometrics for your parents?

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I'm a little shocked at how fast some people's files are moving on here. Makes me feel like something is wrong with my application! I received an invite on January 5th, 2021 and my PGP application was received by IRCC on February 25th. My AOR was on August 24th, 2021 and I received a request with it to provide an IMM-5768 (financial evaluation). I sent that in and the application status changed to "in process" on September 13th, 2021. The only thing that has happened since then was a request for biometric fees, about a week later. Nothing else since then, and it has been a month - no request for biometrics or medical exam or anything else. Anyone else experiencing a similar timeline?
my application was received on feb 22nd my AOR on august 31st and nothing after that. I didn’t submit financial evaluation form as I had already submitted in original package. It was just rhdd we generic request to my understanding

Reactions: paul2587

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hello folks, I could never link the account no matter how I tried so I just check my status via ecas amc check my email got bc d as my update. I’d that okay? Anyone on same situation. My application received on feb 22nd and aor on august 31st and no update since than ecas says application in process