+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
This is what Canada post tracking says. Are we allowed to repost another set of forms?
Also, I am planning to call CIC on Monday.

Feb. 12Delivered to recipient's delivery partner
Ottawa, ON
What do you mean by reposting another set of forms? Did you make any mistakes? Are you talking about another set of application?

Based on a previous post by another user few weeks ago, they had called IRCC to ask what “delivered to recipient’s delivery partner” means. It simply means that the CPC address is a Large Volume Recipient so IRCC has third party “delivery partners” who collect applications and submit them to an IRCC work desk. Be rest assured they have received your application if it says the above thing you shared. I had the same Canada Post message as well. Though by all means go ahead and contact IRCC to clear any doubts or confusion you may have.

If you’re confused what an AOR is, it means Acknowledgement of Receipt, which I believe is usually sent in an email to you and/or your parent from IRCC, not Canada Post, once IRCC opens your file, checks if it’s complete and then issues an application ID number or something. Experts, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited:

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
What do you mean by reposting another set of forms? Did you make any mistakes? Are you talking about another set of application?

Based on a previous post by another user few weeks ago, they had called IRCC to ask what “delivered to recipient’s delivery partner” means. It simply means that the CPC address is a Large Volume Recipient so IRCC has third party “delivery partners” who collect applications and submit them to an IRCC work desk. Be rest assured they have received your application if it says the above thing you shared. I had the same Canada Post message as well. Though by all means go ahead and contact IRCC to clear any doubts or confusion you may have.

If you’re confused what an AOR is, it means Acknowledgement of Receipt, which I believe is usually sent in an email to you and/or your parent from IRCC, not Canada Post, once IRCC opens your file, checks if it’s complete and then issues an application ID number or something. Experts, please correct me if I’m wrong.
Thanks for clarifying. By reposting I meant sending another copy of application forms. But I wont do that now. I will call CIC first.

Reactions: hotsalsa

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I don’t think there is a way to know if IRCC has actually received your specific application until they issue an AOR to you. However, if Canada Post says that they have delivered your application or if they say that they have delivered your package to recipient’s delivery partner, be rest assured that they have received your package and IRCC definitely has it and will get to it/open it gradually. If you’re wondering when will you get an AOR, based on this forum I’ve learned that it can take a few weeks to a few months. Always a good idea to keep an eye on the tracker to get a general idea of how everyone’s applications are progressing. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much. I just used the express mailing from canada post with tracker I dont think it requires signature on receiver end , although status says package delivered i should have asked for signature from recipient. Ayways thank you so much again

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Thanks for clarifying. By reposting I meant sending another copy of application forms. But I wont do that now. I will call CIC first.
Yup, there is no need to send a duplicate application. Let us know how your call with IRCC goes. Good luck!

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Thank you so much. I just used the express mailing from canada post with tracker I dont think it requires signature on receiver end , although status says package delivered i should have asked for signature from recipient. Ayways thank you so much again
No worries! Even if you had opted for signature, it’s more than likely they wouldn’t have signed anyway because they’re not giving a signature guarantee due to the pandemic (someone had shared this fact earlier on this forum). All the best!

Reactions: prisha55

csharma1

Nov 16, 2016
Quick question guys, If you mentioned an income in your interest to sponsor form for 2019 (for eg $99,000) which matches your NOA, but because you forgot to file a slip for 2019, you will have to re-file it and that will increase your income to $103,000 - are we required to communicate this to them? What if the application is already sent. I am thinking the risk here is your income is lower as opposed to higher.

Vaneegill

May 2, 2019
Hi, i have couple of questions about IMM 5669 for my mother in law and father in law.
My mother in law owns and runs a business since 2009 and my father in law is retired government employee since 2012.

Do they need to provide personal history of last 10 years or since they turned 18. In guide it states that if you are not working in last 10 years then you need to provide since 18.

Is running a business count as working?
Also, my father in law got retired in 2012.

Thanks

Sina

Jan 9, 2012
Hi All, I just mailed my Parents and Grandparents sponsorship document to IRCC. Just wondering how long does it take to get some reply from them? I just want to make sure the documents have been received by them and nothing is missed. and what happens if the application is missing something?
Thanks

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hi guys,

My parent application delivered to CIC on Feb 22, 2021. When should I expect to hear from them? Is there any spread sheet? Thanks

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi All, I just mailed my Parents and Grandparents sponsorship document to IRCC. Just wondering how long does it take to get some reply from them? I just want to make sure the documents have been received by them and nothing is missed. and what happens if the application is missing something?
Thanks
Hi, a lot of people here are currently in the same boat, having sent and applied the documents and awaiting a reply. The first thing after sending documents is getting an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) via email. This can take few weeks to few months. If meanwhile they find out that there is a document missing then then they will contact you and provide you information about how to send them that missing document. Please add your info and keep referring to the tracker -

https://immitrackerpro.com/ca/

It will provide you with rough timeline estimates based on everyone’s applications.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi guys,

My parent application delivered to CIC on Feb 22, 2021. When should I expect to hear from them? Is there any spread sheet? Thanks
Hi, if you still haven’t, please create a free account and add your information on this tracker -

https://immitrackerpro.com/ca/pgp

It’s also a great place to refer everyone’s timelines and get a rough idea about how things are moving along. You can expect to hear from them in a few weeks to a few months. The tracker will help you get an idea as people start getting replies and start updating their trackers.

Reactions: Master3

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quick question guys, If you mentioned an income in your interest to sponsor form for 2019 (for eg $99,000) which matches your NOA, but because you forgot to file a slip for 2019, you will have to re-file it and that will increase your income to $103,000 - are we required to communicate this to them? What if the application is already sent. I am thinking the risk here is your income is lower as opposed to higher.
No need to update. Assume you already qualified to sponsor your family based on your previous income.

Reactions: Paul09