+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
thanks for your opinion, hope other members who already submitted the application can advise how they fillup the 14 Employment Sponsor section
This is from the official Guide 5772:

Provide your employment history, including periods of unemployment, for the last three consecutive taxation years preceding your application. Make sure that you do not leave any gaps in time. If you have additional employment history from the end of the last taxation year up until the present, include that as well. Record your total gross income for each period of employment.

Meaning Option 2, so the first thing will be current 2021 work experience and income till date.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Also Question 14 on IMM5768, do these entries only need to be employment incomes for one (or more) job(s)? i.e. T4 incomes?

What about other income like interest or dividend earnings? I am confused because the T4 amount does not always necessarily match the amount on NoA? Is that a concern? Or are they only looking for employment income specifically and don't really care about other sources?

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
Hi everyone,
Q on 5476 : confusion with this.....
Im representing my parents, the guide says the sponsor and person being sponsored both need to submit the 6476 form separately .
so does that mean i would sign as the sponsor on both forms and at the end 1 form would be signed by my parents and the other would be signed by myself and my wife (co-sponsor)??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also Question 14 on IMM5768, do these entries only need to be employment incomes for one (or more) job(s)? i.e. T4 incomes?

What about other income like interest or dividend earnings? I am confused because the T4 amount does not always necessarily match the amount on NoA? Is that a concern? Or are they only looking for employment income specifically and don't really care about other sources?
Line 150 is what counts when it comes to income minus EI for unemployment during normal times.

Reactions: hotsalsa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI, i also need to file extension for my parent super visa. they came July 2019. I hope its easy process to file extension. can anyone share the information and process on extension. do i need to get the medical exams done for extension as well.
You can certainly try. Yes they will likely need a new medical. Depending on processing times for PGP they may need to return home for a period of time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @canuck78 for your reply. When they were relatively young in 60s/70s - they did not want to come to Canada and spend their days in home country. Now there is change of mind in them, because of the need for emotional care and support. Before this stupid virus, I used to visit 3 times a year and now with all restrictions, it was just once in 2020 and I'm getting older too for more frequent travel.
That doesn't mean they have H&C reasons. Your situation sounds like everyone trying for a PGP spot.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Line 150 is what counts when it comes to income minus EI for unemployment during normal times.
Thank you for your reply.

Alright, so Line 150 is the sum of only my different employment incomes for that particular tax year?

So as an example, if I had 3 jobs in 2019, when filling out Q14 on IMM5768, I have to make 3 entries and make sure Job A, Job B and Job C do eventually add up to the figure on Line 150 for the 2019 tax year. Alternatively, if I want to double check, the T4s for these 3 jobs would also give me the same number as Line 150. Is that correct?

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
To further simplify -
My 2018 income Line 150 = Job A + Job B + Interest/Other Investment Income

So on the IMM5768 form, for 2018 dates, do I just write -

Option I: two entries Job A and Job B (which equals Line 150 minus interest income)
OR
Option II: three entries Job A, Job B and Interest/Other Investment Income (which exactly equals Line 150)

My employment income for 2019 and 2020 is straightforward,
meaning Line 150 = Job A + Job B (2019)
and Line 150 = Job A + Job B + Job C + Job D + CERB (2020). There is no additional income to confuse me. What do I do about 2018? Ideally, Option I? But then what about it not being equal to Line 150?

This is the only part of our application that is pending. I would really appreciate if someone can advise so I can wrap it up and send in the application after one final review.

Personal Checklist

little_sunshine123

Feb 8, 2021
Hi everyone, I mailed in my application (for sponsoring my parents) last week via CanadaPost. The lady at CanadaPost said it is too heavy and must be shipped as a parcel, so I shipped it as an Express parcel.

I just checked the tracking today, it seems that the status says that it is "available for pick up".

Is this normal? Has anyone else seen this?

Many thanks,

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
To further simplify -
My 2018 income Line 150 = Job A + Job B + Interest/Other Investment Income

So on the IMM5768 form, for 2018 dates, do I just write -

Option I: two entries Job A and Job B (which equals Line 150 minus interest income)
OR
Option II: three entries Job A, Job B and Interest/Other Investment Income (which exactly equals Line 150)

My employment income for 2019 and 2020 is straightforward,
meaning Line 150 = Job A + Job B (2019)
and Line 150 = Job A + Job B + Job C + Job D + CERB (2020). There is no additional income to confuse me. What do I do about 2018? Ideally, Option I? But then what about it not being equal to Line 150?

This is the only part of our application that is pending. I would really appreciate if someone can advise so I can wrap it up and send in the application after one final review.

Personal Checklist
Spoke to my accountant, Option I it is! Employment (and/or self-employment) income only. Nothing else.

kparents

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021

I personally believe all income (dividend inclusive) would be considered

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
If it is on your NOA then yes you should mention that. It should be 30k or gross income. Just like we can't deduct gas/insurance cost from gross income if we drive to work.
If you have multiple income sources then the total of those numbers should be equal to the Line 150 on your NOA

So don't forget any uber or skip the dishes income or any interest earned on savings and you have included those incomes in your return
My 2018 NoA has Job A + Job B + interest earned. So based on what you're suggesting, I should mention the interest earned as well on Q14 of IMM5768. In that case, for the interest earned, which is only around $80, what should I write under Employer Name/Address? Please refer last few posts just above if you need more information.

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi everyone, I mailed in my application (for sponsoring my parents) last week via CanadaPost. The lady at CanadaPost said it is too heavy and must be shipped as a parcel, so I shipped it as an Express parcel.

I just checked the tracking today, it seems that the status says that it is "available for pick up".

Is this normal? Has anyone else seen this?

Many thanks,
I am in the same situation.
3-Feb: Submitted xpresspost parcel
8-Feb: Reached Ottawa and out for delivery
8-Feb: item redirected to recipient’s new address
8-Feb: item available for pick up

I called Canada Post and representative said your recipient (Government Organization) is LVR (Large Volume Recipient). Some times LVRs assign third party partner to pick up parcels on their behalf or pick up at their convenience. That could be the reason we have this status.

As that happened in second half of the day, I would wait till tomorrow first half and see if someone picks it up.

This is also in line with the query someone asked couple of days back in the same thread and said my status is “received by delivery partner” or something.

little_sunshine123

Feb 8, 2021
I am in the same situation.
3-Feb: Submitted xpresspost parcel
8-Feb: Reached Ottawa and out for delivery
8-Feb: item redirected to recipient’s new address
8-Feb: item available for pick up

I called Canada Post and representative said your recipient (Government Organization) is LVR (Large Volume Recipient). Some times LVRs assign third party partner to pick up parcels on their behalf or pick up at their convenience. That could be the reason we have this status.

As that happened in second half of the day, I would wait till tomorrow first half and see if someone picks it up.

This is also in line with the query someone asked couple of days back in the same thread and said my status is “received by delivery partner” or something.
Thanks so much for your reply. I am much more relieved now :)

I was a bit worried when I saw this message and was wondering if anyone would go and pick It up.

I guess let's see what happens in a few days, hopefully everything works out :)

Reactions: BNS007

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks so much for your reply. I am much more relieved now :)

I was a bit worried when I saw this message and was wondering if anyone would go and pick It up.

I guess let's see what happens in a few days, hopefully everything works out :)
I received the Canada Post notification this morning “delivered to recipient’s delivery partner”.

Reactions: little_sunshine123