+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PG courses and Masters Information help

s.bhat

Jun 30, 2014
I am Bcom graduate looking to study abroad. I was advised to do a PG dip. And later a masters by my consultants.
If i do a PG dip. will i be able to get a Good job? Masters require a 12+4 education. So should i Pursue my PG in India and apply for masters in canada Or Do Pg in canada and pursue masters?

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Pg in India, masters in canada. Score more than 60%
Take admission in Brock university or comparable or better and you will get good job. Promise. Once you are done with pg update your details and we ill guide you through.

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
My advise is to take a p.g diploma course in canada in a well reputed s.p.p college! And then if u wish you can pursue masters! Go ahead..
Thank you!

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Dr.Raj91 said:
My advise is to take a p.g diploma course in canada in a well reputed s.p.p college! And then if u wish you can pursue masters! Go ahead..
Thank you!
Dr raj , do you think its worth spending 13000$ minimally for a pg especially when we have courses in india which are quarter the fees, recognised by aicte for further education and even sometimes easily at par with masters. IMHO spending 7-8_lakh plus for a years course and plus other costs in a new country which doesnot even equate to a masters degree or countrywide recognition is a sheer waste.

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
tusharnayyer said:
Dr raj , do you think its worth spending 13000$ minimally for a pg especially when we have courses in india which are quarter the fees, recognised by aicte for further education and even sometimes easily at par with masters. IMHO spending 7-8_lakh plus for a years course and plus other costs in a new country which doesnot even equate to a masters degree or countrywide recognition is a sheer waste.
Dear sis,
Do you really think genuine students out there trying to update their profile with a abroad education! No they really don't! At the end of the day every 1 needs A Canadian P.R! No one is worried about the educational standards and backgrounds.. every 1 are in need of P.R.*** 13k$ is actually less people afford to pay more for getting into the country! Hardly 5 to 10 % students come back and work in there respective countries! So I definitely think its worth a fortune ;D :p
Thank you,

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
Dr.Raj91 said:
Dear sis,
Do you really think genuine students out there trying to update their profile with a abroad education! No they really don't! At the end of the day every 1 needs A Canadian P.R! No one is worried about the educational standards and backgrounds.. every 1 are in need of P.R.*** 13k$ is actually less people afford to pay more for getting into the country! Hardly 5 to 10 % students come back and work in there respective countries! So I definitely think its worth a fortune ;D :p
Thank you,
u sure about the statistics ? and as far as i have got info on company's there, i guess its pretty tough for u to find a job. every1 here on forum sad that i will struggle fr 2-3 years. :( . that kind of time i do not have. What are the pre-requisites to get a job there ?

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
lucifer_2510 said:
u sure about the statistics ? and as far as i have got info on company's there, i guess its pretty tough for u to find a job. every1 here on forum sad that i will struggle fr 2-3 years. :( . that kind of time i do not have. What are the pre-requisites to get a job there ?
It depends upon different territories! Each has its own demands ! So select such a territory which does not require work experience such as B.C so everything gets easy!
B.C require only Job offer from the employer !..I personally think its not a big deal! You are already competing with 1 Billion for a job in India. Why can't you compete with 33 million with lot of opportunities for post graduates! Does it makes sense?

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
Dr.Raj91 said:
It depends upon different territories! Each has its own demands ! So select such a territory which does not require work experience such as B.C so everything gets easy!
B.C require only Job offer from the employer !..I personally think its not a big deal! You are already competing with 1 Billion for a job in India. Why can't you compete with 33 million with lot of opportunities for post graduates! Does it makes sense?
i have already applied for clg in ON province.

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Dr.Raj91 said:
Dr raj doesnt my name sound masculine enough? I am a male. Anyways coming to your pt, OP categorically hasnt lived abroad, is specifically looking for a good job post graduation and with no work history you are advicing him to joing a pg course in a cllg . looking at your profile you yourself have taken a univ programme for two years ? Wy contradict and advice wrong when you know a brilliant guy can do much better with a univ degree ? I dissapprove your advice. There is no shortcut to residency , atleast if he graduates from a univ his course wouod be recognised in India and even if doesnt get to stay their his credential wouldnt be declined back here.

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
tusharnayyer said:
Dr raj doesnt my name sound masculine enough? I am a male. Anyways coming to your pt, OP categorically hasnt lived abroad, is specifically looking for a good job post graduation and with no work history you are advicing him to joing a pg course in a cllg . looking at your profile you yourself have taken a univ programme for two years ? Wy contradict and advice wrong when you know a brilliant guy can do much better with a univ degree ? I dissapprove your advice. There is no shortcut to residency , atleast if he graduates from a univ his course wouod be recognised in India and even if doesnt get to stay their his credential wouldnt be declined back here.
[/quote

Dear bro,
You don't make any sense here , he has 12 + 3 of educational years for a master degree in canada you need to have 12+4 !! I never advised him anything wrong if you would have seen my post I had mentioned about ****doing masters after p.g diploma in canada!****
So please verify every post before acting weird!
And by the way don't get offended by calling you sis! Cause tusharnayyar doesn't look masculine to me ! I wasn't trying to be mean! I get nothing from that!

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
@tusharnayyar
Moreover universities won't give you immediate job placements when compared to spp colleges in canada! In his profile he has mentioned bout immediate job placement! Improve your statistics! Before landing in canada!

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Dr.Raj91 said:
tusharnayyer said:
[/quote

Dear bro,
You don't make any sense here , he has 12 + 3 of educational years for a master degree in canada you need to have 12+4 !! I never advised him anything wrong if you would have seen my post I had mentioned about ****doing masters after p.g diploma in canada!****
So please verify every post before acting weird!
And by the way don't get offended by calling you sis! Cause tusharnayyar doesn't look masculine to me ! I wasn't trying to be mean! I get nothing from that!
Dr Raj, Tushar Nayyer is male name and its pretty obvious. Acting weird? I dont think so, I think its the other way round . You advice is wrong of him taking up pg in Canada and there are no 2 ways about it. Read my first reply and I explicitly told him.to complete pg in India and do later masters in Canada, as wasting 13000 aka 8 lakh plus on a course not recognised back in India. Just cause you want to study in 8 classroom univ and a residency is your main goal doesnt necessarily mean everyone wants that. No sir, spp colleges or any other cllgs or universities give you placements, if an internship/coop does exist in the course you still yourself are responsible to find placment. Didnt you read enough horror stories? OP clearly has stated he wants a good job, and with that academics I dont think he looking forward to flipping burgers at Wendys or working as merchandiser at Costco, he hasnt even mentioned bout residency. Where you getting ideas Dr raj, my statistics are completely fine. Let me tell you my work experience includes months of abroad stints i.e. malaysia, singapore, norway and croatia and not to forget a month of Bose store experience in Boston and that sincerely makes me an ideal candidate to guide a fellow young graduate on what to do and not do while persuing a course abroad. I have enough stamps on my passport than you prolly will have in your lifetime. You sir are deillusioned.

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
tusharnayyer said:
Dr Raj, Tushar Nayyer is male name and its pretty obvious. Acting weird? I dont think so, I think its the other way round . You advice is wrong of him taking up pg in Canada and there are no 2 ways about it. Read my first reply and I explicitly told him.to complete pg in India and do later masters in Canada, as wasting 13000 aka 8 lakh plus on a course not recognised back in India. Just cause you want to study in 8 classroom univ and a residency is your main goal doesnt necessarily mean everyone wants that. No sir, spp colleges or any other cllgs or universities give you placements, if an internship/coop does exist in the course you still yourself are responsible to find placment. Didnt you read enough horror stories? OP clearly has stated he wants a good job, and with that academics I dont think he looking forward to flipping burgers at Wendys or working as merchandiser at Costco, he hasnt even mentioned bout residency. Where you getting ideas Dr raj, my statistics are completely fine. Let me tell you my work experience includes months of abroad stints i.e. malaysia, singapore, norway and croatia and not to forget a month of Bose store experience in Boston and that sincerely makes me an ideal candidate to guide a fellow young graduate on what to do and not do while persuing a course abroad. I have enough stamps on my passport than you prolly will have in your lifetime. You sir are deillusioned.
Oh that's good for you! Keep it up!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dr.Raj91 said:
@ tusharnayyar
Moreover universities won't give you immediate job placements when compared to spp colleges in canada! In his profile he has mentioned bout immediate job placement! Improve your statistics! Before landing in canada!
Colleges won't give you job placements. You have to find them yourself.

Post graduate diplomas have very low value in Canada. If someone is coming all the way to Canada to study and wants to find a good job afterwards, they should take a Masters. It's much easier to find a job as a Masters graduate than PGD - expecially if you want to work in business / commerce / finance. PGDs are pretty much ignored by employers in these industries. So I think they are useless and a waste of money.

s.bhat

Jun 30, 2014
scylla said:
Colleges won't give you job placements. You have to find them yourself.

Post graduate diplomas have very low value in Canada. If someone is coming all the way to Canada to study and wants to find a good job afterwards, they should take a Masters. It's much easier to find a job as a Masters graduate than PGD - expecially if you want to work in business / commerce / finance. PGDs are pretty much ignored by employers in these industries. So I think they are useless and a waste of money.
Thank you for the info. are you currently in Canada? Are there any good universities which will help me pursue masters with 12+3 bachelor's??