Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
I have about C$ 15,000 in provident fund and civil investment fund which i will get upon resignation or get 90% of the deposit as and when required. Can I show this as my fund? I can show statements from these organizations as proof.

I have also invested C$5,000 (as per market value) in shares, can this be also my fund?

tomst

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
Don't know about shares but yes in my opinion you can show statements of your PF account because it's unencumbered liquid cash.

This is my opinion, lets see what others have to say on this.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajnik1976 said:
Don't know about shares but yes in my opinion you can show statements of your PF account because it's unencumbered liquid cash.

This is my opinion, lets see what others have to say on this.
Hi,

I think PF cannot be shown against proof of funds since it is not readily available and you cannot withdraw and show immediately. For proof of funds FD, Stocks and Deposits in Banks can do only. This is my opinion.

Good Luck.

domingo

Jan 20, 2009
tomst said:
I have about C$ 15,000 in provident fund and civil investment fund which i will get upon resignation or get 90% of the deposit as and when required. Can I show this as my fund? I can show statements from these organizations as proof.

I have also invested C$5,000 (as per market value) in shares, can this be also my fund?

tomst
I have also shown my PF and Gratuity as proof of fund along with other bank balances. However, bank balances are more than the required amount. I am not sure if they have given any value to this or not.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one of my friends have shown PF balance as part of funds. he was advised to do the same by his consultant. so i guess it is ok.

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
What shall I do???

besides PF, I have equivalent of C$ 20,000 in my bank account and dad has C$ 10,000 in his account.

How much I have to show for student Visa? My university yearly fee is C$ 10,000. I am going alone now but planning to call my spouse and a son after 3 months.

I heard that, to be in safe position, we should show balance of C$40,000 .

tomst

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
@ tomst - are you applying student Visa?

becasue for federal skilled visa category for a family of 3 some 16,500 CAD$ are enough.

If your question is related to student visa then you should post your question in relevant section of this forum because then you would get more and appropriate answers.

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
Yes, i am applying for student visa.

The point is that "proof of fund" is same for both VISA so i would like to know if PF as proof of fund is acceptable or not.

Yes, Rajnik1976. You are right for required fund for student visa, I should have posted in Internal student section. That I will do but we get only a few replies in that forum.

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
Well, if you are from India and your local Visa post is New Delhi then yes you can show your PF or your parents PF as your proof of funds in support of your application.

You can also take education loan from a bank CIC recognise (all govt. banks and major private banks in India), this will add more help to your case. If you have sufficient money to show then you will be find without education loan.