Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The visa-exempted person in that scenario falls under point #4 of my comment above. I think CIC is best placed to answer your question but what I know is, it is something that comes with the fact that their spouse is a temporary foreign worker or international student in Canada.

A foreign spouse has other avenues if they desire to work sooner - a) going through the LMO process; b) finding an LMO-exempted job; c)returning to work in their home country.

I'm of the opinion the inland sponsorship has a lot of 'perks' already like:
1. being able to apply inside Canada while out of status. Inland sponsorship is the only stream that allows that.
2. having your spouse with you the entire time

Those sponsoring outland have spouses that fall in two categories - the visa-exempt spouses and non-visa exempt spouses. The latter are often not able to get visitor visas, leaving their sponsors to do all the travelling. On top of that, a visa officer is at liberty to "frown" at the spouses not visiting each other "often" ignoriing the realities of life such as cost of travelling, sponsor needs to be approved for vacation in order to leave, sponsor can't quit job to live overseas(especially if they are still a permanent resident), etc.

We all know what we are getting into with this process. So while I am sympathetic to your plight and understand it is important to you, I'm afraid I don't quite see it to be as "bad". But this in no way means you shouldn't continue with the petition. Goodluck with it.

civic said:
If a visa-exempted citizen show up at the port of entry to be with their spouses who are studying or working in Canada, they will be issued an Open Work Permit right at the spot.

If that same person shows up at POE to be with their Canadian spouses, they do not have that option.

Can you explain why the system works that way? It sounds like the one group of people are jealous about things the other groups are getting. But really, asking for a legal right to work sooner isn't very special.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
The visa-exempted person in that scenario falls under point #4 of my comment above. I think CIC is best placed to answer your question but what I know is, it is something that comes with the fact that their spouse is a temporary foreign worker or international student in Canada.

A foreign spouse has other avenues if they desire to work sooner - a) going through the LMO process; b) finding an LMO-exempted job; c)returning to work in their home country.

I'm of the opinion the inland sponsorship has a lot of 'perks' already like:
1. being able to apply inside Canada while out of status. Inland sponsorship is the only stream that allows that.
2. having your spouse with you the entire time

Those sponsoring outland have spouses that fall in two categories - the visa-exempt spouses and non-visa exempt spouses. The latter are often not able to get visitor visas, leaving their sponsors to do all the travelling. On top of that, a visa officer is at liberty to "frown" at the spouses not visiting each other "often" ignoriing the realities of life such as cost of travelling, sponsor needs to be approved for vacation in order to leave, sponsor can't quit job to live overseas(especially if they are still a permanent resident), etc.

We all know what we are getting into with this process. So while I am sympathetic to your plight and understand it is important to you, I'm afraid I don't quite see it to be as "bad". But this in no way means you shouldn't continue with the petition. Goodluck with it.
SenioritaBella, just wanted to ask something, as I don't know the answer and I am not very familiar with the subject matter. I am just asking out of curiosity. Would an inland PR applicant while in Canada be able to get a work permit through obtaining employment with an approved LMO?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If they have legal status in Canada, I don't see why they can't.

See this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=172&t=17

If you are already in Canada as a visitor, you may not apply within Canada. You must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:
•responsible for the country where you live,
•responsible for the country you are a citizen of, or
•at a Canadian embassy or consulate in the United States of America.

You may be asked to go for an in-person interview at that office. If so, make sure you have all the documents you need to enter that country.

I posted the one for "visitor" since many inland PR applicants have visitor status. Hope this answers your question.

sunshinemrc said:
SenioritaBella, just wanted to ask something, as I don't know the answer and I am not very familiar with the subject matter. I am just asking out of curiosity. Would an inland PR applicant while in Canada be able to get a work permit through obtaining employment with an approved LMO?

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
If they have legal status in Canada, I don't see why they can't.

See this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=172&t=17

If you are already in Canada as a visitor, you may not apply within Canada. You must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:
•responsible for the country where you live,
•responsible for the country you are a citizen of, or
•at a Canadian embassy or consulate in the United States of America.

You may be asked to go for an in-person interview at that office. If so, make sure you have all the documents you need to enter that country.

I posted the one for "visitor" since many inland PR applicants have visitor status. Hope this answers your question.
Thanks so much, this answers it!

Before me and my husband applied outland for his PR, my friend who is an immigration lawyer (specializing in economic sponsorship) told me that my husband can (subject to approval of course be in Canada on a work permit) while applying outland. Decisions for those out of his visa office take around 60 days, and based on his education/skills chances of approval were very high. But we decided not to bother with it, as we knew his actual PR will take around 6 months.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
Canada presents so many chances/choices to apply, be in Canada if one qualifies. Canada is a great country to live in, and although there are shortcomings in some programs I think if one doesn't want to go through the hassle of immigrating, than one should stay in their own country and have their Canadian spouse move there.

What irks me is when people start comparing Canadian systems to those in the US, UK or Australia. I just feel, and this is a personal opinion, if one is so dissatisfied with Canada perhaps one should apply to immigrate to US, UK or Australia, as many times over I read in this forum that those mentioned 3 countries are so much better for immigrating to.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
I was number 100 and the last one to sign it :D
Media has power but we still need to play big role. we need to contact with CBC and mention our stories. people got depression of waiting. life got more harder for couple living on one salary. We want our voice to be heard :)

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
I was number 100 and the last one to sign it :D
Media has power but we still need to play big role. we need to contact with CBC and mention our stories. people got depression of waiting. life got more harder for couple living on one salary. We want our voice to be heard :)
Every signature signed and every story shared about the challenges we face because of CIC's changes will be forwarded to Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Mr. David Manicom, Director General, Immigration Branch, Department of Citizenship and Immigration (the head person responsible for all these messes)

Please continue your supports with the petition. Within one day, it has reached 100 signatures initially required, and continues to grow. The comments are great to read.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Bro ..I sorry i joined u late a bit but already Signed and i wrote large comment for inland applicants ..Good Luck And God Bless All Of Us :D :D :D

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
sunshinemrc said:
Canada presents so many chances/choices to apply, be in Canada if one qualifies. Canada is a great country to live in, and although there are shortcomings in some programs I think if one doesn't want to go through the hassle of immigrating, than one should stay in their own country and have their Canadian spouse move there.

What irks me is when people start comparing Canadian systems to those in the US, UK or Australia. I just feel, and this is a personal opinion, if one is so dissatisfied with Canada perhaps one should apply to immigrate to US, UK or Australia, as many times over I read in this forum that those mentioned 3 countries are so much better for immigrating to.
Oh my God you're right! Why didn't I think of this when I fell in love with a Canadian??? Silly me! Should've fallen in love with an Australian instead, if only I could turn back time!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
SenoritaBella said:
We all know what we are getting into with this process. So while I am sympathetic to your plight and understand it is important to you, I'm afraid I don't quite see it to be as "bad".
AMEN ! ! !

We ALL know what we are getting into . . .

You'll need more than "good luck", you will also need 'public opinion' on your side. Have at it!

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
truesmile said:
AMEN ! ! !

We ALL know what we are getting into . . .

You'll need more than "good luck", you will also need 'public opinion' on your side. Have at it!
with all due respect....we don't necessarily know what we are getting into.

I researched everything before and was told waiting time for appeal was 12 -18 months in Toronto. It was in fact 28 months. There were many bumps in the road along the way. ----5 years in total----- shame on Canada

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Granted. There are always "exceptions" to the norm.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015