+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Interview: Done, what next?

st.catharines

Aug 26, 2009
Hi everybody,

I have completed my personal interview and every thing was ok.
I would like to know what is the next step now, I asked this question to the officer during the interview, he said: "They will send you the medicals in three weeks", but this did not happen.
My immigration representative contacted the visa office regarding the application; they said it is under background checks.
I am confused about which is first: The medicals or the background checks?
Can any one advise please?
Thanks in advance.

Below some information about my case:
Immigration category: Federal Investor.
Visa Office: London.
AOR Date: 12 May 2008.
Interview date: 15 June 2009.

Thank you very much, and best regards.

Tonio

Apr 7, 2009
Hi st.catharines

Once again thanks for the reply.
I don't know why but it just seems to give me a little confidence when I can speak with someone else who is going through the same process.
It is very early days for me at the moment only submitted the Simplified Application form a couple of weeks ago. Well the wait begins I suppose.

Thanks once again,

Tony

Had to reply here as it says your message box is full. But at least it bumps up your message so Maybe you will get a reply.

st.catharines said:
Hi everybody,

I have completed my personal interview and every thing was ok.
I would like to know what is the next step now, I asked this question to the officer during the interview, he said: "They will send you the medicals in three weeks", but this did not happen.
My immigration representative contacted the visa office regarding the application; they said it is under background checks.
I am confused about which is first: The medicals or the background checks?
Can any one advise please?
Thanks in advance.

Below some information about my case:
Immigration category: Federal Investor.
Visa Office: London.
AOR Date: 12 May 2008.
Interview date: 15 June 2009.

Thank you very much, and best regards.
Background check (police, citizenship and other records) and medicals are the second step in the process. Usually the CHC office process them simultaneously. It might take some time, so you have to be patient.