+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History

Simin77

May 14, 2018
Hi, I have entered NO education for spouse as we don't did eca. My spouse education more than 10 years ago, it was completed I .2006. Should I mention the education in personal history dated from 2006? It will be more than 10 years of history. Is that gonna be OK? Please advice.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
but my question is, can they ask information for the other position in the personal history? or say I am misrepresenting myself? because I can not prove it or demonstrate it, and If I want not to mention it, it will be a misrepresentation because I already mentioned it in past applications. I am really worried about this, people say that I just need to put it in personal history and no proof will be requested, but there is a section that says I have to show all my held positions at the company, but again I can not prove it for several reasons. I will put it in my personal history for sure anyway

did you get your PR?
Hi @darkmago ,
I saw somewhere u already got ur PR. I have employment I listed in my study permit but I'm not going to claim any points , just going to list in my personal history. However, this employment period is in the initial application is wrong , and i want to correct it even though I'm claiming points. But I'm worried they will see it as discrepancy , im just trying to provide them the right information. What did u do in ur case ? What are your thoughts on this ?

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hi @darkmago ,
I saw somewhere u already got ur PR. I have employment I listed in my study permit but I'm not going to claim any points , just going to list in my personal history. However, this employment period is in the initial application is wrong , and i want to correct it even though I'm claiming points. But I'm worried they will see it as discrepancy , im just trying to provide them the right information. What did u do in ur case ? What are your thoughts on this ?
Just keep it like it was in your previous application, if you are not claiming points, they never gonna ask about it. I did the same and got my PR.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Just keep it like it was in your previous application, if you are not claiming points, they never gonna ask about it. I did the same and got my PR.
Hi, thank you so
Much ! So u think they only pay attentions to the ones we claim points for ? I'm just worried, that not correcting can be misrepresentation, even though it's in personal history. This has been the most stressful time in my life. I dong know why I didn't pay attention to my previous applications. I have spent so many sleepless nights.

Mayank273

Sep 15, 2019
Do we need to submit proofs for everything we mention in personal history? For example school fees receipt, marksheet etc?

Jul 10, 2018
Hi, I have a drop/backlog year in my Degree college so I took an extra year to complete my Degree.
Should I fill my personal history stating that drop/backlog year as Unemployed or should I increase my Degree education by a year?

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Do we need to submit proofs for everything we mention in personal history? For example school fees receipt, marksheet etc?
No proofs needed for anything in personal history

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Hi, I have a drop/backlog year in my Degree college so I took an extra year to complete my Degree.
Should I fill my personal history stating that drop/backlog year as Unemployed or should I increase my Degree education by a year?
Better to add in personal history

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020

Chaitan176

Aug 21, 2020
Hi Everyone, Hope you are staying safe!

This is regarding filling personal history in PR application.

I started studying masters in university A in the month of January in USA and transferred to University B in the month of April. As University B was not considering University A credits So I did not write exams in University A.

I completed masters degree from University B and also got ECA done equivalent to Canadian Masters degree.

My question is Should I mention the period from Jan to March as unemployed in personal history? or should I mention as education and in good standing, degree not awarded.

Please advise me. Thank you

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I'm in somewhat of a similar situation as this thread. I hope someone can give me some clarification. In the Personal History section, I'll explain my undergraduate and my 7 years of foreign work experience.

The employment letter can confirm the 7 years of experience but I can only provide additional documentation, such as pay stubs, tax deduction certifications, for the last 4 years. What do I do in this case? Claim 3 years in the "Work" section of the profile?