+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
Hi all,
The Personal History Section requires the applicant to fill in all the activities he did in the past 10 years. My question is I have an employment history which I didnt declare in my initial Express Entry Profile as I knew I could not get an Employment Letter to confirm it. I only mentioned my recent three years of employment, so wil CIC request an Employment Letter for the other positions I declare in the Personal History Section?

Your response is highly appreciated.

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
No.They only need employment proofs in 'Work History' section.

rawkz86

Aug 21, 2017
Chennai
NOC Code......
I had the same doubt. Thanks for the clarification. I have declared two of my recent jobs which fall under the NOC 1112 owing to similar reasons. Jobs that I did before that don't fall under the category.

Samineh

Aug 9, 2017
Hi all,
The Personal History Section requires the applicant to fill in all the activities he did in the past 10 years. My question is I have an employment history which I didnt declare in my initial Express Entry Profile as I knew I could not get an Employment Letter to confirm it. I only mentioned my recent three years of employment, so wil CIC request an Employment Letter for the other positions I declare in the Personal History Section?

Your response is highly appreciated.
Hi, I have the same issue, did you mention those employment in the personal history? someone told me I should mention them in both work and personal history, but because they were part time and small projects with different people, I cannot provide any documents, do I still need to provide those for the CIC and mention both at the work history and personal history? I really appreciate if you tell me how you solved the issue for yours? Thanks

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi, I have the same issue, did you mention those employment in the personal history? someone told me I should mention them in both work and personal history, but because they were part time and small projects with different people, I cannot provide any documents, do I still need to provide those for the CIC and mention both at the work history and personal history? I really appreciate if you tell me how you solved the issue for yours? Thanks
You are not required to provide proof of employment for anything listed in the 'personal history' section.
And yes, you can list employment in the 'personal history' section that you didn't list in your 'work experience' section.

IRCC doesn't expect you to list every aspect of your work experience in the 'work experience' section - only the work experience for which you're claiming points in your CRS Score (which is why you have to provide documented proof i.e. the employment reference letters).

In my personal assessment of why IRCC does things this way:
Not everyone is going to have a complete work history where every single experience meets the requirements for claiming points (e.g. some of your work history could be under NOC Skill/level C which doesn't qualify as skilled work, or some of your work experience might be completely irrelevant to your 'intended work' if you move to Canada), so requiring applicants to give their entire work history under the work experience section would just require IRCC to verify irrelevant employment experience, during their assessment of whether you claimed the right number of points and to see if you have enough experience in your field to be a worthwhile addition to the Canadian labour force.
Meanwhile, I suspect the personal history serves a different purpose - this section is meant to provide information to facilitate IRCC's background checks, which is why you want to include EVERYTHING under this, including ALL work history in the last 10 years, whether or not you previously mentioned it under work experience.

Samineh

Aug 9, 2017
You are not required to provide proof of employment for anything listed in the 'personal history' section.
And yes, you can list employment in the 'personal history' section that you didn't list in your 'work experience' section.

IRCC doesn't expect you to list every aspect of your work experience in the 'work experience' section - only the work experience for which you're claiming points in your CRS Score (which is why you have to provide documented proof i.e. the employment reference letters).

In my personal assessment of why IRCC does things this way:
Not everyone is going to have a complete work history where every single experience meets the requirements for claiming points (e.g. some of your work history could be under NOC Skill/level C which doesn't qualify as skilled work, or some of your work experience might be completely irrelevant to your 'intended work' if you move to Canada), so requiring applicants to give their entire work history under the work experience section would just require IRCC to verify irrelevant employment experience, during their assessment of whether you claimed the right number of points and to see if you have enough experience in your field to be a worthwhile addition to the Canadian labour force.
Meanwhile, I suspect the personal history serves a different purpose - this section is meant to provide information to facilitate IRCC's background checks, which is why you want to include EVERYTHING under this, including ALL work history in the last 10 years, whether or not you previously mentioned it under work experience.
Thanks a lot for your response, so it is perfectly fine that I do not mention those irrelevant work experience in my work history but mention them as employment under personal history, am I right? Sorry, I know mentioned this in your response, but when it comes to CIC I am getting very anxious :(

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks a lot for your response, so it is perfectly fine that I do not mention those irrelevant work experience in my work history but mention them as employment under personal history, am I right? Sorry, I know mentioned this in your response, but when it comes to CIC I am getting very anxious :(
Yes, that is fine. And no worries; everyone gets a little (or a lot) anxious in this process. If you have a question; ask it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Varun500

Sep 7, 2017
Thanks a lot, such a great relief :)[/QU

Thanks for the info guys. This is very helpful.

Did you guys had small gaps b/w your employments, like 20 days of unemployments b/w while changing jobs. In personal history, do we need to make separate entries for such small gaps?

Radhe

Nov 26, 2017
I have a similar situation and need clarification. I am creating my EE profile currently. I have worked in same organisation on 7 designations, but can classify them in 2 different roles/noc codes(4 yrs + 3.5 yrs).
I want to claim points for only one role as a manager(3.5 yrs).
Can I drop my 4 yrs exp in EE profile(later put it in personal history) and ONLY show later managerial experience(3.5 yrs out of 7.5 total in work history) ?
Would that raise a red flag?? Or its normal to split single organisation experience and claim partially ?

Samineh

Aug 9, 2017
I have a similar situation and need clarification. I am creating my EE profile currently. I have worked in same organisation on 7 designations, but can classify them in 2 different roles/noc codes(4 yrs + 3.5 yrs).
Can I drop my 4 yrs exp in EE profile(later put it in personal history) and ONLY show later managerial experience(3.5 yrs out of 7.5 total in work history) ?
Would that raise a red flag?? Or its normal to split single organisation experience and claim partially ?
Hi,
From my understanding, you only need to mention what you want to gain points for in the work history and if you say something in the work history you need to provide proof for that. If you read their explanation of the work history they mention this. In the personal history, you need to say what did you do during each period and you do not claim points for that. You can briefly mention your both roles in the explanation section with more emphasis on the role that you want to claim points. There is not much space to explain a lot so I guess they are not looking for lots of explanation. Good luck

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018

Can you tell me what you did? I need to do the same.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Hi,
From my understanding, you only need to mention what you want to gain points for in the work history and if you say something in the work history you need to provide proof for that. If you read their explanation of the work history they mention this. In the personal history, you need to say what did you do during each period and you do not claim points for that. You can briefly mention your both roles in the explanation section with more emphasis on the role that you want to claim points. There is not much space to explain a lot so I guess they are not looking for lots of explanation. Good luck

Can we do that? Split the experience? I can only demonstrate one position in a company, but the other one not, i can not.

Samineh

Aug 9, 2017
Hi, I think u only need to add the job that u want to claim point in the work experience. When u fill that section there is an explanation for that. So if u don't want to get a point for a job, u can only mention that in the personal history. Hope it helps. I also did the same, now waiting for the result!