+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History/ Work experience: 3 Month Internship

Aktaggar

Dec 1, 2018
Hi there,

Can anyone please advise me on the following issue:

I had created express entry profile sometime ago where I had mentioned all my Canadian experience and no foreign experience, and based on which I received an invitation recently.
However now post ITA, I am completing the personal history section where they have asked about the past years info after when turned 18 yrs, I don't have any other foreign experience more than 1 year, but had done a small internship for 3 months in India just before coming to Canada. I am confused now, should I mention that internship under personal activity or skip it since I had not mentioned it while creating the profile initially? Would mentioning it impact my profile and can IRCC ask for more details like job letter, to which if they ask I would not be able to submit since I have no contact with that employer in India?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I would leave it off completely. A 3 months internship before coming to Canada has no impact on your current CEC application. Also make sure there are no gaps. So you were either on the internship or you were unemployed to the point you arrived in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aktaggar

Aktaggar

Dec 1, 2018
Okay, thanks for your guidance. I personally also felt the same that it’s better to leave it off. Thanks again.

luis.nv278

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
Personal activities only show up after getting ITA, you should mention everything. It doesn't require any proof documents and It has to be no gap in the personal activities section. So be truthful and don't lie about anything. The main purpose of this section, they will use all the information here to compare with information you declare in other applications ( study permit, visa, work permit).

Aktaggar

Dec 1, 2018
Hmm, this internship I did was actually after getting study visa and I did not mention it anywhere earlier, while getting study or work permit. That’s why thinking to avoid it altogether as it might open door for any more questions. But I totally get it, there is no impact of personal activities as they don’t ask for any documentation. I will think about it a bit more. Thanks for the advise.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hmm, this internship I did was actually after getting study visa and I did not mention it anywhere earlier, while getting study or work permit. That’s why thinking to avoid it altogether as it might open door for any more questions. But I totally get it, there is no impact of personal activities as they don’t ask for any documentation. I will think about it a bit more. Thanks for the advise.
I would leave it off. It is insignificant. But be sure to leave no gaps, so you were unemployed.

luis.nv278

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
yeah. so just find something to put in that time to make sure it's no gap

Reactions: Aktaggar