+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal details remain in progress after maintenance

chrispybox

Nov 14, 2023
Hi guys, Is anyone here able to submit the documents without

Hi, can you explain how you fix it please? I've been trying to do this process but is not working for me. Thank you
I can only see the forms for myself obviously but for the process looks a little something like this. You'll need to have developer tools open which might depend on the browser:

1 - Navigate to your (primary applicant) personal details section and then expand "Immigration history and citizenships"
2 - This assumes that you're currently a resident in Canada but if you're not then I guess you could temporarily change your form to be a resident of Canada. Right click on the postal code section and "Inspect". In the html you're looking for the container with id="provincePostalCodeOfResidence" -> Copy this entire section, you might want to paste it into a text editor
3 - Navigate out of this form and into the problem form (for me, my spouse). Find the same section as in 1.
4 - For me (in Chrome) inspect the "Country of residence" field, this should have an owning container like <div class="eapp-question-and-answer form-group" ...
5 - In the area below the following "clearfix" insert the copied code. You can do this in chrome by right click + "Edit as HTML" and pasting the code above the an existing section.
6 - If all goes well you should now have the two fields you require (province + post code) in the form and you can save/exit once they're filled in.

I don't know if this issue is effecting other countries but I don't really want to mess with the form more than I have to!

Hope this helps :)

kumardinesh12

Jul 22, 2019
IRCC never provides any extension for any reasons. You can seek professional advise, but what i heard from other applicants is that they changed the country of residence to other than Canada for the dependents and provided a letter of explanation.

That's very unfortunate...I have only 5 days left to submit the application. Hence, I have now chosen Canada as country of residence for my spouse and filled in the province and pin code details from a place in Ontario (I followed the html copy and paste method mentioned in the thread). I'll upload an explanation letter for the same. I'm able to access the document checklist after doing so.

It is a little risky but I'm not sure if they will really provide any extension for document submission. At least now I can upload the docs and complete the procedure.

kumardinesh12

Jul 22, 2019
Also, try to clear the cache, close and reopen the browser prior to trying again. You can also try to use a different browser to check if it works now.

Oyinwola__

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Hello guys,
Please I need your advise.
My IETLS expires on the 19th of this month but I sat for another test already. Should I go ahead and use Canada as my country of residence so I can submit my application before Sunday. Or should I wait?

muneebahmedu

Nov 7, 2023
Hello guys,
Please I need your advise.
My IETLS expires on the 19th of this month but I sat for another test already. Should I go ahead and use Canada as my country of residence so I can submit my application before Sunday. Or should I wait?
Your profile is locked post ita, once you submit your form even IELTS test expire (as per some consultants). if you wait you will have to enter new ielts details and score.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Created an account just to say that this fix worked for me (issue was with Unaccompanying, PR Spouse Form showing incomplete). Thank you so much, I am into the last 10 days to submit and was getting very stressed. I am incredibly unimpressed by IRCCs inability to address this issue, it should have been trivial to roll back to a pre-maintenance fix in the very least.
If you would be able to explain exactly how you did it, that would help a lot - I do not really understand how to copy and then paste html with the inspector thing

Blessen Sam

Dec 14, 2018
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
ITA 10-10-2023
AOR Received.
16-10-2023
From what I know, does changing code in the local system affect IRCC server. Have anyone used the inspect method and have submitted & done the payment.
or has anyone got the issue fixed???

sir.serje

Nov 14, 2023
Are you sure that these changes will be properly parsed by the backend side? Or is the request the same as usual API calls?

I can only see the forms for myself obviously but for the process looks a little something like this. You'll need to have developer tools open which might depend on the browser:

1 - Navigate to your (primary applicant) personal details section and then expand "Immigration history and citizenships"
2 - This assumes that you're currently a resident in Canada but if you're not then I guess you could temporarily change your form to be a resident of Canada. Right click on the postal code section and "Inspect". In the html you're looking for the container with id="provincePostalCodeOfResidence" -> Copy this entire section, you might want to paste it into a text editor
3 - Navigate out of this form and into the problem form (for me, my spouse). Find the same section as in 1.
4 - For me (in Chrome) inspect the "Country of residence" field, this should have an owning container like <div class="eapp-question-and-answer form-group" ...
5 - In the area below the following "clearfix" insert the copied code. You can do this in chrome by right click + "Edit as HTML" and pasting the code above the an existing section.
6 - If all goes well you should now have the two fields you require (province + post code) in the form and you can save/exit once they're filled in.

I don't know if this issue is effecting other countries but I don't really want to mess with the form more than I have to!

Oyinwola__

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023

Hello, as a non Canadian resident, if I change my form residence temporarily to Canada, is it possible to change it back once I’m able to upload my documents?

May 3, 2016
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
My sister said she removed her two siblings living in Canada from the list of family members and the status immediately changed to complete. She would add their information using a letter of explanation

Last edited:

chrispybox

Nov 14, 2023
Are you sure that these changes will be properly parsed by the backend side? Or is the request the same as usual API calls?
Not a clue, all I know is that this change allows me to complete the form and it shows as complete from the other views. After this 'hack' I am able to continue to upload documents.

If the issue isn't properly fixed by when I need to submit then I will include the fact that there were issues in my letter of explanation.

chrispybox

Nov 14, 2023
Hello, as a non Canadian resident, if I change my form residence temporarily to Canada, is it possible to change it back once I’m able to upload my documents?
I am just someone doing the application myself and struggling with these same issues as everyone on this forum. I can confirm that once you go to submit documents you ARE able to go back and change the web form though, you can change the answers there as much as you would like before you submit.