+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal details remain in progress after maintenance

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

IRCC did a maintenance this night and since then my application for PR (express entry) is stuck because "personal details" remain in progress despite all the subparts being checked as complete. I figured out the issue but I do not know how to fix it:
for the main applicant, after clicking to check for completeness it told me there was an issue in the "immigration history and citizenships" subpart of the "personal details" and there it was asking for province and postal code because country of residence is stated as Canada. I filled out these (which were not there before maintenance) and now it says complete again.
However, for the rest of my family on my application, the personal details are all " in progress" and despite country of residence being Canada it does not generate the province choice and postal code - I know this is the issue because if I select another country of residence like France then their personal details become complete and I can continue the application and generate the document checklist. If I put it back as Canada then the personal details become " in progress" and I cannot continue the application.

I need to submit this application in 2 days so even if I raise a technical issue I am pretty sure it will not be addressed.
Anyone with the same problem ?
Should I just choose another country of residence (country of origin) and then in the letter of explanation explain that there was a technical issue ?

praveen93

Nov 7, 2023
Same issue here, cannot complete the personal details even after entering all the details, interestingly my country of residence is not Canada, and still it is not working.

Reactions: kchrist

Nechechene

Nov 7, 2023
I feel relieved knowing it’s a general problem. I’ve had to raise a technical issue because I wasn’t sure if it was from my end or not.

JCanadaVan

Nov 8, 2023
Same issue. I just noticed on Nov 7, 2023. So frustrating! I already reported the problem. Has anyone heard from CIC?