+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Details Form Status stuck at "In Progress"

cmcaquino

May 7, 2013
IRCC is working on it. It’s very frustrating. I have 19 days left but I cant imagine how stressful it must be for people who have fewer days left!! :( they say they are urgently working on it. I hope tomorrow we have good news.
so true! and just when i had time to finalize everything and pay for everything then the system does that. :(
hoping it will be really okay tomorrow!

mrapache

Nov 10, 2023
IRCC is working on it. It’s very frustrating. I have 19 days left but I cant imagine how stressful it must be for people who have fewer days left!! :( they say they are urgently working on it. I hope tomorrow we have good news.
I got less than 9 days left :(
Not sure what to do next...

SHALLYCANADA

Jun 12, 2023
Looks like it worked for @Enkay34
I think it is okay to submit like that with some explanation that you will lose your ITA because of the system error. But only if you have just a few days left.

Using the opportunity: I am eligible for that temporary medical exam exception, but it was still asking me to upload "Proof of upfront medical exam". Does anybody know what should I do? Is it okay to just write a letter saying that I have an exception instead and add my IME number there?
You can upload a blank pdf because IRCC send email to everyone mentioning it that you can upload blank pdf.

Medical Exams for Express Entry Applicants
Hello,

As of October 1, 2023, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) no longer requires Express Entry applicants and their family members to provide an upfront Immigration Medical Exams (IME) at the time of application.

When completing your application, you will be asked to upload proof of your upfront medical exam in the Express Entry Profile Builder, but this is no longer required:

• If you have previously completed an IME as part of a previous application, please include it in your application using the same upload slot. You should include the IME or UMI number of your most recent medical exam.
  • If you have never completed an IME, please upload a blank document in the same upload slot.
IRCC will send you instructions when it is time to complete your IME, only if a new IME is required.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Sep 25, 2023
Hi, I am facing the same issue...I have 9 days left, I am panicking. I reported the technical issue, and I also called IRCC, apparently, they did not have knowledge of this. The frustrating part is when asking what should I do if it does not get fixed within the time I have left, he literally said "I do not know what to answer to that...." he told me I was doing the right steps by reporting the technical issues, and gave me as plan b, to submit the documents through their web form, he did mention it will not get as fast as in the portal, but it is something.
I suggest to whoever is dealing with this, to report the technical issue, so they notice it is a general problem, and hopefully solve it fast...

Sep 25, 2023

shahzeb039

May 11, 2019
Someone posted on some group:

completed the personal details form of my dependents using the below trick,
Use the browser inspect element
1. Go to primary applicant's personal details -> Immigration history and citizenships section and inspect the HTML of the province and postal code
2. Copy the HTML of the province and postal code.
3. Go to dependent's personal details -> Immigration history and citizenships section and paste the copied HTML below the country of residence HTML
4. Enter the required values and click "Next". This will save the details.
Now click "Save and exit" and the dependent's personal details will be complete.
Note: If you are required to edit the personal details of the dependent again and save, you will have to do the same steps.

Reactions: kumardinesh12

kumardinesh12

Jul 22, 2019
This certainly works, thanks for sharing the same.

1. Go to primary applicant's personal details -> Immigration history and citizenships section and inspect the HTML of the province and postal code
3. Go to dependent's personal details -> Immigration history and citizenships section and paste the copied HTML below the country of residence HTML
Now click "Save and exit" and the dependent's personal details will be complete.
Note: If you are required to edit the personal details of the dependent again and save, you will have to do the same steps.

Enkay34

Jun 23, 2023
Hi, it didn’t work for me after I copied and pasted. Can you blur screen shots and share perhaps?
My dependent is more than one and I tried it. I copied the html from the field but it didn’t work. Am I doing it for all the dependents or just one?

kumardinesh12

Jul 22, 2019
You have to copy the whole code from "country of residence until the pin code, including province" from the principal applicant's page, then edit it in html for the dependent and paste it there. Once pasted, the fields will get highlighted and then you must save it before proceeding to the next dependent.

If you want to wait, you can wait until tomorrow as tonight it should be fixed.

Hi, it didn’t work for me after I copied and pasted. Can you blur screen shots and share perhaps?

Oyinwola__

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
My dependent is more than one and I tried it. I copied the html from the field but it didn’t work. Am I doing it for all the dependents or just one?

Hello,
Will this also work if you’re the only applicant? I can’t find anywhere to input a postal code and I don’t have any dependents either.

kumardinesh12

Jul 22, 2019
If you're the only applicant, then it won't be required. For your country of residence as Canada, there's already an option of adding in Province and postal code for the principal applicant, the issue was for the dependents.

Hello,
Will this also work if you’re the only applicant? I can’t find anywhere to input a postal code and I don’t have any dependents either.