+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permenant address vs Physical address

Noshtemp

Nov 5, 2018
Hello everyone,

Could someone please clarify this for me. I’m so worried that I’ll screw up the application.

Here’s the thing, our permanent address has always been address A but we rented and lived at location B and now C within that area. The reason we never updated our address is because address A is my parents address and since we knew we would be moving around, we just wanted to keep it simple so we kept address A for everything.

Where we list all the address where we’ve lived on the citizenship application, should we still list address B and C? Would that be an issue if a background check is done? Or should we keep it simple and just list address A.

Hopefully someone can help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone,

Could someone please clarify this for me. I’m so worried that I’ll screw up the application.

Here’s the thing, our permanent address has always been address A but we rented and lived at location B and now C within that area. The reason we never updated our address is because address A is my parents address and since we knew we would be moving around, we just wanted to keep it simple so we kept address A for everything.

Where we list all the address where we’ve lived on the citizenship application, should we still list address B and C? Would that be an issue if a background check is done? Or should we keep it simple and just list address A.

Hopefully someone can help.
You can have address A as a mailing address but your RESIDENTIAL addresses will be B & C, as they are where you actually "lived", especially as you have leases.

Noshtemp

Nov 5, 2018
You can have address A as a mailing address but your RESIDENTIAL addresses will be B & C, as they are where you actually "lived", especially as you have leases.
Zardoz, thanks for your reply. Would it be an issue that we won’t have any proof of leasing the unit? Both leases were on my name and my husbands name never got added to the lease.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Zardoz, thanks for your reply. Would it be an issue that we won’t have any proof of leasing the unit? Both leases were on my name and my husbands name never got added to the lease.
You say your name is on the lease? That's obviously good.

Also note that you don't need to submit the lease unless ircc asks for it later.